Back again after accident

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Back again after accident

Post by MoonBreath »

Wow, I really feel for ya ..Worse than mine when I got hi-speed front end shake and over the handlebars at 120+ rolling and sliding down the hiway shoulder ..Ate all the clothes except my shirt collar ..Neosporin was experimental then ...Road rash and cinders from arse hole to elbow and still Nothin compared to what you are goin thru ..Take very good care, and don't rush Anything. :thumbup:
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

frodo wrote:....I know about the med vac rides, last one I was on cost $25 thousand bucks for a 30-minute ride
BUT...Hey, they served a cocktail that would knock you right out....anyone smuggle you a jug yet?
That's a good one. :lol: I did see the Life Flight bill and it was $25k for the 15 minutes I was in the air. The "ride of my life".

I haven't yet got to sample any product...still on pain management and a sore kidney. Plus, I'm on blood thinners to reduce clotting for just a bit longer. So, the "good stuff" has to wait a little longer.

Doing great and feeling better every day. So, a big "thank you" to all the well wishers. It is great to be a part of a community like this that does care for our fellow hobbiests/professionals. I am humbled by the kind words here.

But, enough about me...let's get back to the subject...distilling.
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

25 grand for 15 minutes, lord sakes someone's making the big ones. In Australia if your ambulance is not from hospital to hospital you either got cover or you pay, chopper out of here is not so uncommon, fate would have it I can hear it right now. I think here to a main metro hospital is around $10,000, $25.000 for a 15 flight sounds link a bigger rip of than a wax job on ya nutsack. :esurprised:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
RedwoodHillBilly

Post by RedwoodHillBilly »

I feel for you, having had to lay a bike down in my youth, got lucky and no real damage. Get well, and get back on the horse when you feel ready for it. Can't let an accident stop you from having fun. When I was 18 I was immortal, now not so much, but I'm still looking down at the dirt, and going to continue having fun until I look up at the dirt.
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Post by still_stirrin »

RedwoodHillBilly wrote:...going to continue having fun until I look up at the dirt.
+1.

In fact, I'm helping to shuttle my bike to the repair shop today. It'll be ready long before I'm strong enough to ride. And yes...it's 2 wheels....3 is just "1 too many".
ss
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
hellbilly007
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hellbilly007 »

Glad to hear you're on the surviving end of a bad situation. At least you've a hobby that aids in the pain management area. I wish you the best on your recovery
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Jeezus man!

Get better soon. You old guys are too old for that crap.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.