Thank you

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bavis54
Swill Maker

Thank you

Post by Bavis54 »

Hey friends, recently my wife and I got some really scary news reguarding our soon to be born child, first we were told some very worrisome tests were positive, then told was a lab mistake, n now finally everything is negative. Anyway I had shared this with a few friends here and I just wish to thank them for their prayers and thoughts. This is our first ever child and he/she is a miracle for us. To be told by doctors that she/he will be born blind, then we dunno n finally to be told oops it was lab mistake- jus goes to show doctors are human just like us mechanics, welders, n everyday people. I am grateful for this and for everyone's thoughts and prayers..and before you take the word of a doctor and fall in dismay- say a prayer and get a 2nd opinion.
semper fi
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Thank you

Post by Bigbob »

Great news Bavis54! One thing I have learned in the past couple of years is don't trust doctors! The first was actually back in '90 when my daughter was about to be born. My wife had some 'spotting ' and the doctor quickly recommended a abortion. We didnt want to do that and got a second opinion. My daughter was born healthy and happy soon after. Lately, I've been suffering from bad knees, the doctors wanted to replace but I went with stem cells, and now have zero pain and increased mobility. So in the long run.....trust the Big Guy up there and get second opinions!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Bigbob wrote:Great news Bavis54! One thing I have learned in the past couple of years is don't trust doctors! The first was actually back in '90 when my daughter was about to be born. My wife had some 'spotting ' and the doctor quickly recommended a abortion. We didnt want to do that and got a second opinion. My daughter was born healthy and happy soon after. Lately, I've been suffering from bad knees, the doctors wanted to replace but I went with stem cells, and now have zero pain and increased mobility. So in the long run.....trust the Big Guy up there and get second opinions!
Too many 'Medical Professionals' were educated beyond their intelligence when they were taught how to write their name in pre-school .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Lazy
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: Yonder left, by the sea,well south of the orange bridge

Post by Lazy »

Bavis54 wrote:Hey friends, recently my wife and I got some really scary news reguarding our soon to be born child, first we were told some very worrisome tests were positive, then told was a lab mistake, n now finally everything is negative. Anyway I had shared this with a few friends here and I just wish to thank them for their prayers and thoughts. This is our first ever child and he/she is a miracle for us. To be told by doctors that she/he will be born blind, then we dunno n finally to be told oops it was lab mistake- jus goes to show doctors are human just like us mechanics, welders, n everyday people. I am grateful for this and for everyone's thoughts and prayers..and before you take the word of a doctor and fall in dismay- say a prayer and get a 2nd opinion.
Wow. What an emotional roller coaster. Good practice for being a parent.... lots of ups and downs even w/ healthy kids. Just do your best, set high standards and keep low expectations and you'll be happy.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Bavis, prayers were sent your way after our conversation. I'm glad and hopeful for a healthy child born into this world.
My wife and I also didn't know what we were having until the time and let me say it was an exciting time and soon as I seen it was a boy I almost fell out, lol

Good luck to the both of you and congratulations on very very good news.
Look forward to continuing our talks
Shine0n
spiff
Swill Maker

Post by spiff »

Don't pray, but sending positive vibes that way... good luck man.