New Best Whiskey in the World!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

GrassHopper
Site Donor
Site Donor

New Best Whiskey in the World!

Post by GrassHopper »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/c ... li=BBnb7Kw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

So they say. Wouldn't it be interesting to have some of our best in the world competition. I am a cheap bastard...just like Cranky, and would not pay that much for a sample. I am happy with what I produce. Your turn.
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: New Best Whiskey in the World!

Post by Pikey »

“….The fourth edition of WhistlePig's Boss Hog line — the brand's premier, top-of-the-line offering — the Black Prince is a 100% rye whiskey bottled at cask strength (124 proof) and finished in Armagnac barrels. It was aged 14 years….”

“….WhistlePig isn't a distillery with a lot of history or pedigree. It was started in 2010…”

“……it buys its spirits wholesale and finishes them with the help of oak cut from their Vermont farm……”

“…….It will retail for $500 a bottle…..”

Not to me it won't ! :lol: :lol:
WIski
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WIski »

Not me either. I'm happy as a clam swimming in my own booze.... :shh: .......
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Amazed how they can have 14 year old whiskey and only have been a distillery for 7 years :roll: --Maybe sum of that rapid ageing

OVZ
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

...makes me 100% rye/curious.

Who wants to buy the pig when you can make your own ham?
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

Oldvine Zin wrote:Amazed how they can have 14 year old whiskey and only have been a distillery for 7 years :roll: --Maybe sum of that rapid ageing

OVZ
I don't think the geezer actually bothers with the tedious process of distilling - It says he "Buys his spirit wholesale....."
WIski
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WIski »

I've had a couple of other Whistle Pig offerings and was not impressed. I think their marketing is way better than the product. YMMV
seamusm53
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by seamusm53 »

Sure the hell isn't 'Bottled in Bond'. Thank you Bernie Lubbers! $500 for a bottle of some vanity press awarded liquor? I don't think so.
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Went to a very good Chinese restaurant on the Gold Coast (sort of half way up the right hand side of Australia, in Queensland) when visiting grandchildren and friends.

Nice food, not too dear for the not-fancy dishes. Good service.
Bought the cheapest wine, a good shiraz at $33.
But I think they cater for rich Chinese visitors who like to big-note themselves to their guests.
They were offering Penfolds Grange wine in the mid $2,000 s to the mid #3,000 s.
Dating from around the 2002 vintage.
Great wine, I have somewhere between thirty and (maybe) fifty in my cellar, older than that. And you can buy fairly recent vintages for maybe six or seven hundred dollars a bottle and they maybe get a trade price....!!!!

Geoff
The Baker