Alaska fishing trip 2017

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Alaska fishing trip 2017

Post by nerdybrewer »

We didn't get any Salmon at all, I guess it was just too early.
I hooked a nice king but my leader broke - should have played it more I suppose but it turned out everyone's leader broke on fish way less than the 40Lbs specified on the package - bad batch?
I was the only one to pull up a good size Halibut this year, but there were a lot of rockfish.
We went out from Craig one day, that's where I hooked the king.
Later we went out to the undersea volcano and pulled up a lot of Yelloweye, Black Sea Bass, Ling Cod.
With no Salmon being there we got a lot of work done on the camp with two new bathrooms built and walkway decks and stairs replaced.

Me with my 130 Lb Halibut
Halibut_2017.jpg
Seven fishermen, seven Yelloweye (limit one each)
Rckfsh2017.jpg
Cranky's spoonfeeding:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975

Time and Oak will sort it out.
Bushman
Admin

Re: Alaska fishing trip 2017

Post by Bushman »

Yellow eye are great eating, unfortunately in Washington last time I looked they were not legal to keep. I catch mine in Canada.
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

Summer of '82, I was in Bethal AK, had a great time netting salmon running up the Kuskokwim (sp) River. The mosquito were big enough to hunt with a shotgun, and numerous enough to require a transfusion after a trip up the river...But what a great time!
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

BoomTown wrote:Summer of '82, I was in Bethal AK, had a great time netting salmon running up the Kuskokwim (sp) River. The mosquito were big enough to hunt with a shotgun, and numerous enough to require a transfusion after a trip up the river...But what a great time!
In SouthEast it's the little bugs that get you, at least the mosquitos you can see coming but those little bugs swarm and eat you alive!
Cranky's spoonfeeding:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975

Time and Oak will sort it out.