Animal party!

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

trueheart
Novice

Animal party!

Post by trueheart »

Finished a ninth generation UJSSM run last week and shut it down to do a AG request (a friend bought a 5.2 gal. barrel and wants me to fill it). I ferment in six 7-1/2 gallon containers so that if I get a stall or infection I won't lose it all, then do three 12 gallon strip runs and a 12 gallon spirit run. Since I'm on city water and sewer I usually dump the spent corn down the toilet on each generation, but now I've got about 150 lbs. of wet fermented corn, yeast, etc.. Friday I fill three buckets and take it to my daughter's, who lives a few miles away but rural. She has a small unfenced compost pile where she puts food scraps and I dump the whole mess on top. You could smell it down wind a half mile! Saturday, I swing by her place and it's ALL gone. Even the dirt beneath has been dug through. Not one kernel of corn to be found. Only tracks I can find are raccoon; no deer. I know the damage raccoons can do to a sweet corn patch, but damn! 150 lbs. of fermented corn in one night? And there had to have been some alcohol in there. Must have been a hell of a party. I am going to do it again and this time put a motion activated camera out there. If I get video I'll try to post.
You can judge a great whiskey with one sip, but it's best to be thorough.
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Animal party!

Post by bitter »

LOL sorry could not resit.. those buggers most likely had quite the feast

I am betting every animal form the area was at your place

B
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

how happy with you is your sister that you invited an entire

herd of raccoons to her property for a food orgy?
be water my friend
trueheart
Novice

Post by trueheart »

Like me, she can't believe it could even happen. I mean, even at 3 or 4 lbs. per raccoon, that a lot of raccoons!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

trueheart wrote:Like me, she can't believe it could even happen. I mean, even at 3 or 4 lbs. per raccoon, that a lot of raccoons!
They eat a lot and get aggressive when they are drunk . Do not ask me how I know this . Just check 'The Liar's Bench' .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Found that my one dog likes the corn pile. He eats like a goat as it is, so I have to chase him away.
Don't need a drunken dog running zoomies through the house.
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

Pigs have good noses and can smell rotten corn from miles away. I'd be waitin' for bacon.
trueheart
Novice

Post by trueheart »

Mmmm...bacon.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

I bet they had a terrible hangover the next day plus the scoots. Lol
little guys probably won't eat for a week or two and run from anything smelling of booze anymore.
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Shine0n wrote:I bet they had a terrible hangover the next day plus the scoots. Lol
little guys probably won't eat for a week or two and run from anything smelling of booze anymore.
They are hooked like someone on drugs! If supplied, they will be back. If there are that many coons round there, can I come up a couple weeks before Christmas and make some Christmas dinners special for a lot of folks around me? Not to mention some $.
Ga Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Nothing like alcoholic coons running round the neighborhood lookin for another fix.
Shine0n
Distiller

Post by Shine0n »

Well shit I just read my last post sober... That didn't sound right so if I've offended anyone I apologize.

Note* don't post while THAT intoxicated