Things to do in Geneva?

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

Things to do in Geneva?

Post by Single Malt Yinzer »

So the wifey and I are planning a vacation to Geneva. Any cools things to check out? We will be there 3 days. The travel books seem pretty light on the city. I did find this: http://www.geneva.info/museums/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow - A couple unique places like the watch museum and the ICT museum.

Thanks in advance!
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Things to do in Geneva?

Post by Oldvine Zin »

The Patek museum is way cool there is also a free swatch museum across the river kind of on a bridge that is also cool to see cheap watches through the decades. Also a quick bus ride away is CERN if you are into the particle acceleration kind of thing. Really close to that area is one of the oldest wineries in the region Domaine des Abeeilles d or - they make a great grappa like distillate that I liked.
How about a chicken restaurant? Funny you get a menu but the only thing on it is half a chicken- but so good, Chez Ma Cousine

I would like to offer you the guide service of my daughter that lives there but she is preoccupied making me a grand dad

Have fun and bring lots of money
OVZ
Single Malt Yinzer
Trainee

Re: Things to do in Geneva?

Post by Single Malt Yinzer »

Thanks - My wife loved the Patek and the Swatch museums! She's into watches. And you weren't kidding about bringing money - holy crap! Luckily we saved up for the trip. It was $60 for breakfast for us one day! Even McDonalds was $15 for two coffees and two croissants. Great city though. Easy to get around, compact enough we walked most places. Checked out CERN and the UN.

Thanks again for the advice!