What happened to

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

barreldawg
Novice

What happened to

Post by barreldawg »

Members like PrariePiss, ScCacalacky, Bearriver, and woodshed? Shed totally changed how I approach distillation and his Bentfinger Bourbon was the best I have ever tried.
Thought maybe someone out there may be in touch with these people. Hope they are all well.
Yummyrum
Global moderator

Re: What happened to

Post by Yummyrum »

S-cacks still around . so not to blow his cover I'll send him a PM to let him know your wanted here :thumbup:
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

the stories of PrariePiss, Bearriver, and woodshed are told in their

entirety in these pages. just read their posts.
be water my friend
barreldawg
Novice

Post by barreldawg »

I have read their posts. Which is why I was wondering how they are now.
Thanks cob for being no help at all.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

barreldawg wrote:I have read their posts. Which is why I was wondering how they are now.
Thanks cob for being no help at all.
You didn't get the memo ! It was sent out to all the people on a 'Need To Know' basis . They are all doing well .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

PrariePiss is off grid, Bearriver is awol dealing with bears, and Woodshed is in the shed doing what he does.
I haunt these halls with the stroke of my pen, never knowing when I wont be back again.
GA Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

I hesitate to reply to this but think speculation might be worse than picking at scabs.
Three of those members listed have become infrequent visitors of their own volition for reasons known unto themselves and as stated one of them frequents other forums, I haven't asked him why as I figure if he hasn't volunteered that information to me then its none of my business. Of the other all I'd be comfortable saying is the regrettable situation at that time forced the board to make a difficult decision. I can assure you there was no malice and chances were given but in the end the forum rules apply to everyone weather they are moderators, commercial members held in high esteem or regular Joe floor members, it simply has to be that way.
Edit posted same time as GA Flatwood
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I was wondering how to respond to this thread but crow you covered it as well as anyone.
Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

Post by Uncle Jesse »

I think PrariePiss is busy building a life "as independent and off the grid" as he can. Last I read, anyway. When you've got your hands that full, priorities become clear.
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
raketemensch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by raketemensch »

Uncle Jesse wrote:I think PrariePiss is busy building a life "as independent and off the grid" as he can. Last I read, anyway. When you've got your hands that full, priorities become clear.
I hope he heads to town soon and gives us an update. This is the first time he’s gone on walkabout.
bentstick
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bentstick »

Uncle Jesse wrote:I think PrariePiss is busy building a life "as independent and off the grid" as he can. Last I read, anyway. When you've got your hands that full, priorities become clear.
You are correct Uncle Jesse,heard from him about 6 months ago and is doing well,I was lucky enough to meet up with him about 8 months before he picked up roots and set them off in the wild hills to carry out his time unmolested and enjoy life as he sees fit,is a shame the short time the wife I spent with PP would of liked to meet him at a camp spot and let the drinks flow,he is a character and would of led to a hoot give better planning and a spot he did not have to drive home,( on a motorcycle) go figure!
It is what you make it
cob
Master of Distillation

Post by cob »

Prairiepiss wrote:That will be a problem. I don't get service out there. Maybe up on top of one of the hills. I will just have to build me a lookout spot. On top of the hill. So I can surf. LOL This is something we will need to investigating more. We will need at least some way to get ahold of the outside world with. My kids will be pissed. Since we finally got Google fiber. They have gotten spoiled. So have I. We will see.

Don't know if the outhouse will look like that one. I might just do it to do it? LOL. There will be an outhouse. Just no hole in the ground. We have decided to go composting toilet. We have plenty of sawdust for it. LMAO.
from 2014 living off the grid
be water my friend
barreldawg
Novice

Post by barreldawg »

Apologies to cob. I really came off wrong with what I wrote. Cool to get some feedback.
Looks like Truckinbutch has been in touch with all of them and things are well.
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

PP is doing good.
He is super busy,,,,
I'll see if he can chime.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

I'm alive and doing as good as I can. UJ is correct I am busy trying to build a off grid homestead while working a 40 hr a week job. Don't have much time for anything these days. We just got internet at the homestead recently. I will give a better update maybe later this evening. Or when I get a chance.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Prairiepiss wrote:I'm alive and doing as good as I can. UJ is correct I am busy trying to build a off grid homestead while working a 40 hr a week job. Don't have much time for anything these days. We just got internet at the homestead recently. I will give a better update maybe later this evening. Or when I get a chance.
Wow, what's that old saying "Speak of the devil and he doth appear"
Nice to hear from PP every now and then :D

I have tried several times to get ahold of Bearriver but haven't managed to. I have considered several times just driving over to his place and checking on him but don't like to show up unannounced. I guess the best course of action is leave him be, he has my number and email if he needs anything from me but it would be nice to hear from him.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

woodshed went radio silent in the real world too. even though there were problems on the boards, it seems to have spilled over from the real world. Have a good thought for him, sometime shit happens that is simply out of your control.

I miss bear too, he was a friend IRL and sadly missed here too. Hope all is well, my friend.

good to hear the ranch building is going well for you PrairiePiss!
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Bearriver , his wife, and child were living with his father. He was looking for a more permenant job last I heard. Hope it worked out for him.
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

So, out of the blue, i get a messenger contact from Bearriver yesterday afternoon. He is fine and as Bushman said above, has been working on some things in aspiration for a new career. Highly respectable choice that unfortunately doesn't get enough respect as it should due to the treatment of our last POTUS. I wished him good luck and encouraged him to show his face again soon, if nomoreso than does Prariepiss. We shall see.
GA Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Hank Reardon
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

thecroweater wrote:Hank Reardon
Quit cause I banned Rad
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
RedwoodHillBilly

Post by RedwoodHillBilly »

Tater wrote:
Quit cause I banned Rad
Awww....
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Tater wrote:
Quit cause I banned Rad
Can , maybe , we get past that for the greater good ? We have the capacity to be larger than that for the common good .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Ah OK , darn shame, I liked that fella.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

thecroweater wrote:Ah OK , darn shame, I liked that fella.
+1.

He was supposed to be at the hoe down this weekend. Don't think that's happening. :(
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I've not had any contact with him . He is welcome here , same as Rad and Tater . They have all been invited to the party .
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

ga flatwoods wrote:So, out of the blue, i get a messenger contact from Bearriver yesterday afternoon. He is fine and as Bushman said above, has been working on some things in aspiration for a new career. Highly respectable choice that unfortunately doesn't get enough respect as it should due to the treatment of our last POTUS. I wished him good luck and encouraged him to show his face again soon, if nomoreso than does Prariepiss. We shall see.
GA Flatwoods
Glad to hear he's fairing well, always seemed to be a good fella
Don't be a dick