Legendery drunk benders

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hilltop
Swill Maker

Legendery drunk benders

Post by Hilltop »

Give us your all time best drunk experience. Mine involved experimenting with backset in the final product of a strong corn sugar mash. It made me crawl.Thats probably number two, my first one I drank a fifth of Southern Comfort in College and my brother had locked the door at the house, and I thought I could slide the chain and to make a long story short he kicked the door thinking I was a burgeler and damn near broke my hand. I no longer can stand even the smell of southern comfort, the smell alone produces instant wretching from me! :thumbup:
"Virtute et armis" By valor and arms

Let's keep our country free as God has given us.

"Give me Liberty or Give me Death."
OtisT
Master of Distillation

Re: Legendery drunk benders

Post by OtisT »

My first bender was the best.

I was 17 and after school most days, I worked the closing shift at the Albertson's super market. My best friend worked there too. One school night after work, when my friend came over to my home, I showed him the bottle of very fancy gin my brother in the Navy had left at home during his last leave. I had never drank before, but for some reason I said "Let's get drunk" and did we ever.

The only mixer I had in the house was cranberry juice, so that is what we mixed the gin with. I'm not sure how long it took, but the two of us finished the entire bottle that night. At the time, I weighed 110 lb wet. I don't remember much of the evening, but one thing I do remember was fighting with my friend over wanting to drive to my girlfriends home.

I woke the next day to a real mess. Not clutter, but broken shit everywhere. We seriously trashed my room fighting, breaking most things including every glass item, including my TV, and I had puked on my friends cloths he needed for a field trip the next day at school. My dad came and woke us the next morning for school. I was so sick I stayed home for two days. My friend had to go to school for a field trip, so my dad drove him to him home for fresh cloths then took him to school. He went on the field trip, puking out the bus window the entire way there and back.

Two days later I went back to work at the supermarket. At the market, old produce is ground up in the disposal and I will tell you now that ground up lettuce smells just like gin. I walked into the back room that night and lost my lunch all over again. It was more than a week before I could set foot in the produce back room w/o urping.

My dad never said a single word to me about drinking or that night. He rightfully figured I had learned my lesson about drinking too much and that he didn't need to harp on the issue. He was a man of action and few words.

To this day I still don't drink cranberry juice, and only recently have I been able to stomach a gin, so long as it is light on the juniper. :-)
Otis’ Pot and Thumper, Dimroth Condenser: Pot-n-Thumper/Dimroth
Learning to Toast: Toasting Wood
Polishing Spirits with Fruitwood: Fruitwood
Badmotivator’s Barrels: Badmo Barrels
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Bender is a prolonged state of drunkenness. Particularly when referencing "Legendary".

Need about 3 days worth of drunken details,, but will settle for 2 days.... Sorry not my place to set the ground rules but you did say bender.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

There ya go Jed....
nuntius01
Rumrunner

Post by nuntius01 »

mine was back in college 30 years ago. had no intention of drinking that night. however, once we got to the party, some of my friends convinced me to show everyone what i was kind of known for. yep, i had a rep for being able to do flaming shots. now usually, i would only do 2 or three. but that night i did 8 flaming shots of 151 rum in an hour. didnt really sink in until i did the last one. i turned to my friends and said im heading home. grabbed a bag of chili cheese fritos and started walking home. let me tell you. dont remember getting to my apartment. woke up the next morning spralled in the bathroom. everything hurt. to this day i cant drink 151 or eat fritos
I'm just the bank and the mule

post your still pics here
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=66917
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

lightweights.

where i grew up on the Canadian prairies, drinking was a national pastime. I could not possibly tell you all of the stories, it literally took years to create them.
When I entered grade 10 (high school here) i was about 6 months into the bender. it prolly all started on a 9th grade field trip when no one had the foresight to grab a bottle ahead of time. with the bus driver holding the bus for me, i sprinted across the street to my phys-ed teachers house and pounded on the door.
"Ron, Ron, you gotta spot me a crock, we are going to long lake and no one has a drink" at 8:45 am he met me at the door with a mickey of Lemon Hart and sent me on my way...
Anyway by the time Grade 10 rolled around...i had a "spare" in second block. this was a good time to head to the bar for a pitcher and a pizza sub. 15 years old, and me and the bar keep Suzie were old friends. (i'd been semi-regular there since 13)...when i "managed" the mens senior hockey team...I "managed" stay sober enough to work the gates and/or the time clock...
Anyway... why 10 am at the bar? Because the liquor vendors did not open until 11am of course!

So at 11, we'd head for the vendors, grab a box of beer or a mickey, stop at the grocers and get a loaf of bread and a pound of lunch meat and head the National park for a "picnic"...making it back for afternoon class at 1pm. English Class, my desk touched the teachers desk...where he'd look at me and say "you stink"
Two afternoon classes, by 315 we were out for beers at one of the local drinking roads...every road around town had a name (for it's most prominent citizen or landmark)...so off to tower road or (edited) Dead-end.
Drink until home time around 530-6, go do the farm work, eat dinner, watch TV go the bed...
rinse, repeat.
this went on for ALL of grade 10 and half of grade 11....when i was "excused" for accidentally trying to choke the life out the principal after he insulted my mother at a disciplinary hearing. Image...me at a disiplinary hearing!!!
I ended up going to a much larger school in a much larger town 30 minutes away...which likely saved my life from over indulgence.
none the less...I got out on all the weekends, holidays and any day in between when we thought we could get some of the party girls out, until i was gainfully employed for a couple years and met my future wife at the age of 21.

all in all about 3 years of chronic followed by 5 of binge...I was pretty good at metabolizing alcohol, never had a hangover until i got alcohol poisoning at the age of 18....either that or I managed to stay drunk the whole time and avoided the hangover that way...since i quit drinking for a calendar year just to prove i could after that little fiasco. a few headaches ensued after 19 though...

is that what you mean by a "bender"?
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

HDNB, that's pretty much my childhood just insert working on dairy farms.
Cranky's spoonfeeding:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975

Time and Oak will sort it out.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

nerdybrewer wrote:HDNB, that's pretty much my childhood just insert working on dairy farms.
ummm... which dairy farm? You don't have a sister named Monica do you? :oops:

I think most farming communities are like that. To this day if they ever start doing DUI enforcement on backroads...they'd have to start building bigger prisons. I go for a 1 mile out, mile back walk most nights...and i get about $5 worth of empties a week! (i shit you not)

now i drink for evil.
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

right on hdnb.
in quebec legal age is 18
so by 20 we were seasoned
young people from vt would come up by the busloads
needless to say our beer is stronger then in the states.
3 three beer and they were looking for a fight geeez
it was funny
an 18 year old u.s er drunk off his ass off 4-5 beer
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

one of my favorite childhood memories at age 14...my 19yo brother coming in to the bar...to get me to go across the street to the vendors and pull a bottle of whiskey for him because he forgot his ID.

(legal is 18 here)

yep, that US beer is like having sex in a canoe...fucking near water.

now i drink for evil.
nerdybrewer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by nerdybrewer »

HDNB wrote:
nerdybrewer wrote:HDNB, that's pretty much my childhood just insert working on dairy farms.
ummm... which dairy farm? You don't have a sister named Monica do you? :oops:

I think most farming communities are like that. To this day if they ever start doing DUI enforcement on backroads...they'd have to start building bigger prisons. I go for a 1 mile out, mile back walk most nights...and i get about $5 worth of empties a week! (i shit you not)
Tillamook County Oregon.
The land of trees, cheese and ocean breeze.
Farm owner kept Whisky and Schnapps in the cupboard.
Plenty o nights it went missing...
Cranky's spoonfeeding:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975

Time and Oak will sort it out.
buflowing
Swill Maker

Post by buflowing »

Sorry, I don't remember.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Is this amateur night one and only or are professionals allowed to contribute ?
Don't want to contaminate a thread with a story that would have been better placed on"The Liar's Bench'.
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

No time to type it all up tonight but a quick highlight: three days into a week and a half bender I challenged the captain of the cruise ship I was on to a duel, pistols at twenty paces.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

DSM Loki wrote:No time to type it all up tonight but a quick highlight: three days into a week and a half bender I challenged the captain of the cruise ship I was on to a duel, pistols at twenty paces.
And to think ; you could have told that sittin on the real 'Bench' if we hadn't been so busy stuffin our guts and gettin drunk .......................
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
sltm1
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sltm1 »

I gotta agree with buflowing. When you start Saturday night and wake up Tuesday afternoon with no memory of the previous couple of days......now that's a bender.
A Paraphrase of a Joe Walsh Album Title, "The Drinkier I get, The Smokier I Play!!"
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

sltm1 wrote:I gotta agree with buflowing. When you start Saturday night and wake up Tuesday afternoon with no memory of the previous couple of days......now that's a bender.

100%
Pikey
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pikey »

Went out with a mate one friday night - started @ 5:30 - woke up saturday morning with a car tyre track right up the back of my black leather jacket, in white lining paint ! :shock:
Bvritr
Novice

Post by Bvritr »

broke up with a girl I had been seeing for a couple of months and started drinking heavy. At some point was drunk and talking to my ex mutually complaining about dating over the phone. I remember saying "F it, your used to my shit, I'm used to yours, lets get back together" A week later and still drunk I had flown half way around the world and stumbled into a Japanese city hall so drunk I couldn't sign my name. Then stumbled into the US consulate office and remember them telling me I could still get out of it, LOL I shoulda listened to them but I'm a glutton for punishment. Celebrated 20 years together total today, all thanks to a 2 week long bender that would of never happened if I was sober.
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

The parties used to start after eight on a Friday morning when the graveyard shift had chipped in enough for a keg and knocked on the back door of the pub. By Saturday morning when the Night Dirt cart did it's round, the can, (which was supposed to be reserved for the ladies), would already be overflowing on the shoes of anyone drunk enough to still be using it instead of pissing on the outside wall. We weren't too impressed when someone laid a cable in the bathtub one time, but I suppose you couldn't really blame them. Every time the keg ran out, the hat went around and the soberest one was sent for another. The last shift back to work wasn't until four in the arvo on Monday and some of them weren't too sober.