Banned but not forgotten

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Banned but not forgotten

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Hey just throwing this out there - there were a few members of this forum that contributed a lot in the past but for their bad judgement F- up they are now banned from posting. Is there any way they can be reinstated? Namely Woodshed for his maybe overwhelmed business practice and Rad for just being Rad

OVZ
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Re: Banned but not forgotten

Post by jb-texshine »

It would be nice. Not my house though.
No more from me on it.
Jbt
Remember not to blow yourself up,you only get to forget once!

Deo Vendice

Never eat Mexican food north or east of Dallas tx!
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

just to clarify, Rad is not banned he's in read only, he was on just a while ago
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

thecroweater wrote:just to clarify, Rad is not banned he's in read only, he was on just a while ago
I see him logged in alot

Deo Vendice

Pesty
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pesty »

The first thing I built was rads apartment reflux tower.

No clue what happened but sometimes time heals things.

That's up to who makes the rules,
jon1163
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jon1163 »

What got him banned?
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

In a nutshell,Not following the rules we live by.
Probably best not to pick at scabs too much.
Jb

Deo Vendice

Yummyrum
Global moderator

Post by Yummyrum »

Yeah well this is a touchy subject to discuss but Having been banned elsewhere I can kind of relate . Its a bit like a bad relationship . Often you know its bad / sour / uncomfortable / not what you want but you hang in there anyway . You get bitter and twisted and part of you wants to leave but you are so entangled in it that you can't . You find yourself saying and doing things that subconsciously reflect your feelings until .... Boom ... the other partner says , " I've had enough of putting up with your shit " .

Relief to both parties . :relaxed: ....: only the friends of you both feel the sadness
barreldawg
Novice

Post by barreldawg »

It would be cool if they could contribute again. Oh well....
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

I too learnt a great deal from both the Shed and Rad, but I think its nice that the rules apply equally to everyone, It would be very easy to be more lenient with good friends and great contributes.
Kudos to the team keeping the place in order.
Don't be a dick
jb-texshine
Master of Distillation

Post by jb-texshine »

barreldawg wrote:It would be cool if they could contribute again. Oh well....
Maybe they are... :ewink:

Deo Vendice

Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Careful, barreldawg , or someone may take you to the woodshed.
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Yummyrum wrote: Relief to both parties . :relaxed: ....: only the friends of you both feel the sadness
Maybe you are right. I would like to hear what Rad has to say about this.
I do not remember Woodshed, but Rad could be very nasty to new members with stupid... sorry: ignorant questions.
On the other hand: he was quite experienced. And talk is just talk, so what's the problem.
I see his name sometimes in the row of attendants, so he is reading sometimes.

I have been banned myself from several fora for different reasons. The last time from a moonshinersforum, because I said something about iron and safety. :mrgreen:
Before that from a catloversforum. Because I did not own a cat! :?: I was very happy that a forum is not the real world, for I would have viewed a mob with scythes, hayforks etc to lynch me! "Oh my precious childs, my cats!" and "I pray that you will rot in hell as soon as possible!" Although deathwishes were expressly forbidden, I was the one that got banned. I was the fox in the hens shed, I think.

A forum clearly is not a place where democracy rules. Or good sense.
More like a pub, where the owner decides who can come in or is banned.
shadylane
Master of Distillation

Post by shadylane »

Kareltje wrote: A forum clearly is not a place where democracy rules. Or good sense.
More like a pub, where the owner decides who can come in or is banned.
That may be true on most forums
But it's different on HD
WIski
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WIski »

barreldawg wrote:
It would be cool if they could contribute again. Oh well....
jb-texshine wrote:
Maybe they are... :ewink:
I think a séance is needed to resurrect those that have passed before us............ RAD if your out there give us a sign..........we can feel your presence in the shed..........give us a sign that you can hear us.....we know your here with us RAD.........give us a sign....speak to us from your porcelain throne oh great seperator of miscible liquids .............. :shh: :silent:
cuginosgrizzo
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by cuginosgrizzo »

Kareltje wrote: Before that from a catloversforum. Because I did not own a cat! .
How can you possibly live without a cat!?!? What kind of heartless person are you? How sad and empty is your life?

:moresarcasm: :moresarcasm: just kidding you know
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

Kareltje,

feel free to start a new thread about sweet cat pics and movies in the off-topic section. You can have here you very own catlovers forum! :thumbup:
But be careful not to post something political there, right? :lol: These discussions only divide people and quickly lead to flaming and hard feelings.
And rule 7 please! No talk about different races please!
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

der wo wrote:Kareltje,

feel free to start a new thread about sweet cat pics and movies in the off-topic section. You can have here you very own catlovers forum! :thumbup:
But be careful not to post something political there, right? :lol: These discussions only divide people and quickly lead to flaming and hard feelings.
And rule 7 please! No talk about different races please!
No mention of, say, Burmese cats or Persian cats or....

Geoff
The Baker
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Karelenbroekjeklein.jpg
The one smurf on the left is Kareltje, the smurf on the right, waiting his turn is a Smurfish Shepherd, called Brujo, nickname Broekje (Trouser).
The one smurf center in the background, the non-colour with spots of the other non-colour is called Vlekje (Spotty). He/she/it is the playmate of the smurf Broekje.
The two pilarlike pinkish things on the right behind Broekje are the legs of a woman.

You see: I do have a heart and my life is full of smurfs. :eugeek:
johnsparrow
Bootlegger

Post by johnsparrow »

Kareltje wrote:
Karelenbroekjeklein.jpg
The one smurf on the left is Kareltje, the smurf on the right, waiting his turn is a Smurfish Shepherd, called Brujo, nickname Broekje (Trouser).
The one smurf center in the background, the non-colour with spots of the other non-colour is called Vlekje (Spotty). He/she/it is the playmate of the smurf Broekje.
The two pilarlike pinkish things on the right behind Broekje are the legs of a woman.

You see: I do have a heart and my life is full of smurfs. :eugeek:
You must get the really good drugs :)
JellybeanCorncob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by JellybeanCorncob »

Ok. Now this threads getting good.
Here’s Ralph. May he Rest In Peace.
78C5D0AC-2E5A-47F3-A3CB-D8D7F00AAB28.jpeg
A great hunter. He walked in the house dragging a opossum by his neck, dropped the varmint at my feet, had a seizure and died. True story. What a cat!
I miss him.
JBC
JBC
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

Like:
Octopossum leucostolum.jpg
Octopossum leucostolum. The Whitecoated Octopossum.
Pesty
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pesty »

Rad could be very nasty to new members with stupid... sorry: ignorant questions.
On the other hand: he was quite experienced. And talk is just talk, so what's the problem.
I've been a member of a professional forum for 18 years and in my trade for 31 years. the thing that has gotten under my skin and almost banned a couple times, are the newbies who ask, without doing the research, or taking the time to look up information, a question or bring up a topic that has been answered a thousand times, then want to argue with you about how they do it and it's worked for them blah blah blah after you give them the correct and proper answer for the 1001 time.

Same thing happens here and sometimes you just don't have the desire to answer for the 1002 time and get a little short with them. Yeah it's just words but as an expert, you have to hold your tongue and answer that question.. one..more..time..
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Pesty wrote:
Rad could be very nasty to new members with stupid... sorry: ignorant questions.
I've been a member of a professional forum for 18 years and in my trade for 31 years. the thing that has gotten under my skin and almost banned a couple times, are the newbies who ask, without doing the research, or taking the time to look up information, a question or bring up a topic that has been answered a thousand times, then want to argue with you about how they do it and it's worked for them blah blah blah after you give them the correct and proper answer for the 1001 time.

Same thing happens here and sometimes you just don't have the desire to answer for the 1002 time and get a little short with them. Yeah it's just words but as an expert, you have to hold your tongue and answer that question.. one..more..time..
as a member in good standing you are not required to read and/or reply to any given post. Just like your daddy taught ya, if you can't say something nice (or at least factual in a courteous manner) say nothing at all.

easy peezy.

or like swedish sez: don't be a dick. :lol: :lol:
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
steelmb
Swill Maker

Post by steelmb »

Swedish Pride wrote:....
Kudos to the team keeping the place in order.
+1

I am grateful to the mods for cleaning house. I pretty much only come here to read because of getting jumped on by a certain member and hin minions just because my opinion was different than his. There are aspects of this hobby that I could have contributed lots to but instead have been just reading and maybe offering a little advice by PM's. This is due to the way myself and other newbies were being treated. I for one do not miss one of the aforementioned members and thank the mods for making this forum a better place to learn and share.

I am getting off my soapbox and again taking up residence on lurkers couch. This is the last you will hear from me on the subject as I will not be drawn down the rabbit hole. I just wanted to make sure that the mods knew that not everyone was sentimental about both people mentioned in this thread.
I believe MCH may have said it best. "It's your hooch, you get to choose."
Ding Dong
http://w.homedistiller.org/forum/viewto ... =7&t=66849
Pesty
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Pesty »

or like Swedish sez. don't be a dick
Some have a hard time with that after a few too many product samples :lol: :lol:
NZChris
Master of Distillation

Post by NZChris »

If anyone wants their advice on a subject, it is probably already here as long as they have the nounce to search the forum for it and it hasn't been deleted. What we do miss out on, is where they are at in their current thinking. I don't know about you lot, but I owe it to myself that I have the right to change my opinion on any subject, regardless of how adamant was about it at the time.
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

NZChris wrote:What we do miss out on, is where they are at in their current thinking.
Yes. This is the real loss we have. For example the failed marbles experiment a few weeks ago. Rads comment would be very interesting. And who knows, he often came up with a new idea. Not only 5 or 10 years ago when from our view today it looks like it was easy perhaps to find something new. Also the last years.
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

@ Kareltje please please please come over to the bench and tell us how ya got banned from the cat lovers forum :lol: I'll play ya red newt song twice over :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

thecroweater wrote:@ Kareltje please please please come over to the bench and tell us how ya got banned from the cat lovers forum :lol: I'll play ya red newt song twice over :thumbup:
Especially without owning a cat! Banned but not forgotten, yes we want to read your story!