It's funny now, but wasn't yesterday

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Hilltop
Swill Maker

It's funny now, but wasn't yesterday

Post by Hilltop »

Ok, I'm down on all fours in the local Lowe's cussing them for putting copper fittings so damn low to the floor, behind me is my buggy with 300 dollar worth of copper pipe and fittings when I hear " excuse me are you a plumber" so I'm fixing to turn around and blast the guy with a " hell no I'm not" when I look up straight into a deputy sheriff badge.

I tell him I'm not a plumber but maybe I can help him and he looks at my buggy and says " whatcha doing with all that copper then," I say building a moonshine still, he laughs and proceeds to tell me how to fill up tubing with sand to bend it, and I told him " this one doesn't have any small tubing on it only pipe and he gets a real serious look on his face and said " have a nice day".

I ran up on an old copper double boiler on Craigslist 14 gallon and it was sitting in the backseat of my truck shining like a diamond, when I loaded that copper in the back of my truck I was one nervous fellow for sure.

I've been welding that copper together today laughing as that deputy had no clue how serious I was about building a still! Building a steam mashing rig for it and a 7 1/2 gallon keg thumper too.

When your bullshitting someone, sometimes just tell em the truth but look em square in the eye when ya do it! Rolmao! That deputy met a moonshiner today but he's still wondering was I shooting him a line of bull.

That boiler is made to fit on both eyes of a stove it's 24 inches wide, it's a late 1800s double burner canner I believe. I've been adding lead free sauter back into the grinded joints, I cut off the top handle but left the tin supports which I bent with heat and welded a 2 inch copper slip coupling to the lid and a 14 inch column, hunting a forward facing temp gauge now and a boiler drain ball valve.

Just a funny now but wasn't then story I thought I would share.
"Virtute et armis" By valor and arms

Let's keep our country free as God has given us.

"Give me Liberty or Give me Death."
UrToopid
Novice

Re: It's funny now, but wasn't yesterday

Post by UrToopid »

Hilltop wrote:Ok, I'm down on all fours in the local Lowe's cussing them for putting copper fittings so damn low to the floor, behind me is my buggy with 300 dollar worth of copper pipe and fittings when I hear " excuse me are you a plumber" so I'm fixing to turn around and blast the guy with a " hell no I'm not" when I look up straight into a deputy sheriff badge.

I tell him I'm not a plumber but maybe I can help him and he looks at my buggy and says " whatcha doing with all that copper then," I say building a moonshine still, he laughs and proceeds to tell me how to fill up tubing with sand to bend it, and I told him " this one doesn't have any small tubing on it only pipe and he gets a real serious look on his face and said " have a nice day".

I ran up on an old copper double boiler on Craigslist 14 gallon and it was sitting in the backseat of my truck shining like a diamond, when I loaded that copper in the back of my truck I was one nervous fellow for sure.

I've been welding that copper together today laughing as that deputy had no clue how serious I was about building a still! Building a steam mashing rig for it and a 7 1/2 gallon keg thumper too.

When your bullshitting someone, sometimes just tell em the truth but look em square in the eye when ya do it! Rolmao! That deputy met a moonshiner today but he's still wondering was I shooting him a line of bull.

That boiler is made to fit on both eyes of a stove it's 24 inches wide, it's a late 1800s double burner canner I believe. I've been adding lead free sauter back into the grinded joints, I cut off the top handle but left the tin supports which I bent with heat and welded a 2 inch copper slip coupling to the lid and a 14 inch column, hunting a forward facing temp gauge now and a boiler drain ball valve.

Just a funny now but wasn't then story I thought I would share.
You prolly could have said you were a sculptor.. and you would have still
been telling the truth. On the other hand, if you own your own home, you don’t have to be a licensed anything to do your own work on it.. at least not here in Texas. I would probably be pretty paranoid the next time I went copper shopping after that line of questions though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hilltop
Swill Maker

Post by Hilltop »

I think he was needing serious help with a well pump switch, he may have taken my comment that basically nothing on this still was small enough for tubing the wrong way, oh well. Lol! I think it's funnier than two midgets on LSD today.He was standing there telling a moonshiner how to bend tubing, and I may have taken that the wrong way as I've bent miles! This just gets funnier every time I repeat it.

HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

he's prolly just a Boka man and thought you were nuts for building a whiskey factory.
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Hilltop
Swill Maker

Post by Hilltop »

Good point! Rolmao! He damn sure knows how to bend copper tubing