Distillery tour

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bushman
Admin

Distillery tour

Post by Bushman »

4 months after my birthday my son is treating me to a Seattle distillery tour. Thank goodness for Uber!
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Distillery tour

Post by firewater69 »

Sounds like a good time, have fun!
Moonshine.... American as apple pie & it's part of our heritage, history & culture.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

On my way home stopped at the brewery supply and picked up 55 lbs of malted rye, currently stirring every 1/2 hour until temps drop to pitching temps. After spending so much time making rum feels good to be back to AG runs.
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

How was the touring with your son? Keep us posted on the rye mash please.
Moonshine.... American as apple pie & it's part of our heritage, history & culture.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Thought I had posted on it. Went to three distilleries and was most impressed with the first and last. The first Distillery (3 Howls) was a one man operation and he sells in several states. Because he is by himself his prices were lower than most micro distilleries. He also does all his own bottling. With beer I am not a big IPA guy as I am not big on the hops. He made a hops whiskey that I really liked. He also used a different method than I do on his infused gin technique that I am going to try and will report back on. The third distillery I got some great info on cooling the water when distilling that I am going to experiment with and reported on the current thread on cooling.
firewater69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by firewater69 »

Sorry I must have missed where you posted on it, I'll be watching the cooling thread also. I've been meaning to build a cooling system of some kind.