TV isn’t real

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

HomerD
Site Donor
Site Donor

TV isn’t real

Post by HomerD »

I’m thinking about building me one of those 24 jar “thumpers”, that takes up about 40 feet. I think Mike off of that tv show just had a genius idea! :thumbup: :crazy:
[align=][/align]Stay strapped or get clapped.
15.5 gallon boiler, 5 gallon thumper, shotgun condenser, 57” spiraled liebig,
mash steam cooker head, 5.5 kW element with SCR controller
All modular
still_stirrin
Master of Distillation
Location: where the buffalo roam, and the deer & antelope play

Re: TV isn’t real

Post by still_stirrin »

In the end...it didn’t work. Glass thumpers are trouble waiting to happen. Those clowns are bafoons....only good for a laugh or two. But Mark and Digger are legit as they have a licensed product on the market.
My LM/VM & Potstill: My build thread
My Cadco hotplate modification thread: Hotplate Build
My stock pot gin still: stock pot potstill
My 5-grain Bourbon recipe: Special K
NJen
Swill Maker

Post by NJen »

I saw some youtube videos a couple of years ago where a guy had did that, successive mason jar thumpers. It looked like it worked for him, but as you said, TV isn't real. That includes youtube. I'm perfectly happy with my nice, safe, still. It might work to an extent, till his jars burst and he's got alcohol and vapors all over the place. No thanks.
HomerD
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HomerD »

Mark and Digger are supposed to have a book coming out sometime. It will be an interesting read!
All modular
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Physics rules. 24 jars spread over what appears to be some 40 linear feet, outdoors, in an uncontrolled atmosphere. How much energy does it take to drive steam thru that mess of mini-thumpers, not to mention the heat dissipation from first to last. Before you got the last jar hot, it would be tomorrow and the boiler would be dry. Come on! A few jars, okay. 24? Did I miss something?
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
HomerD
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HomerD »

I was laughing the whole time they were building it. There was no way they would produce enough heat, under normal conditions, to make that work.
All modular
TDick
Distiller

Post by TDick »

I believe someone has been watching WAAAAY too much of the new season, particularly of Josh.
I'm just trying to figure out why this popped up on MY "you might be interested in" list:
HomerD
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HomerD »

:crazy: 😂
All modular
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

:crazy: Goddam me, i just ran into a friend (of formerly good repute) who says his mom bought a quart of the tall, skinny mouth breather with the mutton chops. I ain’t trustin’ him no more. Unless he shares some. :moresarcasm:
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
Fiddleford
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Fiddleford »

I don't watch "how to moonshine" videos or even brewing videos on my main youtube account and I still got that video in my suggestions
I wanted to comment real bad to point out a few wrong bits of advice but couldn't watch past the point where he added in the DADY and decided to stay my opinion. I don't want to rag on the poor guy he just seems misinformed.
Rye whisky rye whisky oh dont let me down
Gunna have me a drink then gambol around
Here's some fiddle music
Pt1
Pt2
Expat
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Expat »

Fiddleford wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:22 pm I don't watch "how to moonshine" videos or even brewing videos on my main youtube account and I still got that video in my suggestions
I wanted to comment real bad to point out a few wrong bits of advice but couldn't watch past the point where he added in the DADY and decided to stay my opinion. I don't want to rag on the poor guy he just seems misinformed.
Unfortunate reality of the modern world is that you have been profiled algorithmically. Everything you've browsed, clicked or visited. All is noted. Even assuming that you don't browse HD from your own computer, you may have reviewed building materials or supplies which are similar to other people who also watched that video. Hence the recommendation to you.

Also worth noting that it doesn't matter what account you log in with, nor if you allow cookies. Browsers are "finger printed" by creating a unique key from a host of available data including computer hardware, software and configuration. Without taking extreme measures it's almost impossible to avoid.

Current boiler and pot head
Cross flow condenser
Modular 3" Boka - pics tbd