In The Shed With a lack of Power

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Bryan1
Swill Maker

In The Shed With a lack of Power

Post by Bryan1 »

G'Day Guy's,

Well with my battery bank nice and charged last weekend I welded up the ovens for this 150 year old wood stove I scored for free off a job site. Well 4 hours of welding sure hammered that forklift battery so I have been running my 16hp listeriod engine to charge the batteries all week for this weekend. Now at work today had the same job of machining up some poly urethane bush's. Not as this plastic was straight out of the oven and the parting tool I had couldn't get all the way the labourer said he had a reciprocating saw in the car so that made it easy to part the plastic. We did put each part in the freezer just to be sure it was cool.

Anyway in the hurry maching this plastic is like parting and disc;s were made where off the 10 I got they average 2-3.5 mm thick which where using such stuff to make a diaphragm pump out of these disks.

The beauty of these pumps well they are positive displacement so suction and head are no problem and using this plastic may be the right stuff to use.

So today after looking in my shed I started hammering some 35x6mm plate to make the front section of the pump. Well if I can't hammer copper steel is the other option. Now making a steel pump may have the naysayers going it's going to rust pumping water. Well a good coat or three of 2 part epoxy or even fiber glassing should do the trick.

Cheers Bryan