Just stopped by to say hey

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Truckinbutch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Just stopped by to say hey

Post by Truckinbutch » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:43 pm

Glad to hear such good news , friend .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .

cob
Distiller

Post by cob » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:53 pm

goinbroke2 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:24 pm
oh, and putting a 6 1/2hp motor on a 3hp outboard drive might of been a mistake. Had it on the lake for a test run and up to 1/2 throttle it danced across the water. Had about 1ft waves at the time heading into the wind. Decided full throttle was the next logical test and cracked it open.
Let me tell you...that much hp in a plastic two man canoe..is FAST!!
trying to turn to port or starboard with that much power will immediately turn that canoe into a corkscrew!

Don't ask me how I know this cause I ain't tellin.
be water my friend

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:09 am

HAHA!!
It wouldn't be me if I didn't end up in a "perdickerment" as they say.

Mama's complaining she wants to go for a ride in the donkey but I still haven't mounted the gas tank. She pissed me off so I've been doing other stuff. Not ready to start playing with the outboard again just yet though, I'm trying to determine if I want to finish the bbq deck and put shelves/roof on it or keep working on the baby barn.

Covid (not working) was great, this working again sucks up ALL my time!

Remind me again what happened when you put too much power in a canoe and turned too tightly?..... :lol:
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:15 am

Had a great weekend, pulled the donkey (mud truck) 6hr's to a poker run in New Brunswick. lots of mud, never got hurt, never broke anything and I got 1st and 3rd in the poker run!!
I won litre jar of apple pie, a couple tiny bottles of coffee/chocolate/shine to put in your coffee, a 5" chocolate leaf "edible", a couple bottles of homemade wine, a flashlight/headstrap and a bunch of smaller stuff.

First thing I asked was, "who made the apple pie because I want the recipe!!" There was 62 trucks, a shitload of people (curiously about a 50/50 split with male/female), many "all female trucks" which was good to see but now the wife wants me to build her, her own truck, sigh, project 837...

Funniest part was, beside the beer, I think I saw two bottles of store bought likker, everybody was drinking shine from mason jars with screw on lids so they wouldn't spill.

Sat in with my cousin running his 100L reflux, never thought to take a picture. just an overall awesome weekend!

Got half way home and the guy who leaves his 4x4 at my place said he went for a "putt, putt" and got it buried. I got home at 10pm so I wasn't about to go get him. They left the truck in the woods about 20MILES from my place, today they tried to pull it with a chev blazer and failed so I might go on a long recovery run tonight. I have a 10,000lb winch so we'll see just "how bad" he's stuck.

8 Days to retirement..CAN'T WAIT!!!
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!

RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:38 am

GB, with stories like this I can't wait for your retirement either!

Cheers!
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:08 am

So...buddy tried 3 trucks hooked together to recover his truck, nothing, it's on a rock patch high and dry because the trail was made by a tree farmer with 6ft tires.
Drove 40 minutes with the toy hauler and dropped the donkey off, found where he was buried and drove around him through the cat tails (was sure I would sink but the donkey "floated" on the reeds/grass/etc) Hooked up the winch and pulled myself towards him. Nothing to attached the donkey to, to secure me so I drove beside him in the swamp and did a 2:1 indirect pull, yanking him off the rock ledge sideways then moved in front of him again and winched him forward. Donkey was overheating to the point of blowing coolant out and steaming, turns out the rad was blocked solid from the mud from the weekend. Used 2L pop bottles to get water from the swamp and "clean" the rad a bit. Enough to finish the recovery and drive back to the motorhome/toy hauler. When it was all done it took about 2 hr's.

Put new rear shocks on last night, buddy at the parts store asked the application, "well....I need a set for a 07 Malibu" He looked at me weird and asked is that what I'm using it for? no I said, a 91 ranger. "oh, that won't fit"
I laughed, well, I've got bmw rear coil springs, trailing arms made of drilling pipe and I need shocks from a Malibu to complete the home made trailing arm suspension I built.
He was quiet then said "well, I guess you know what you want then huh"? LOL!

4 DAYS TO GO!!!

goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by goinbroke2 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:25 pm

its done!!!
I'm a flat faced, long hair, dope smoking civy now!!
Ok, maybe I have short hair and have never done drugs...but I'm a civy!!!

Picture of me receiving my certificates from the CO and Sgt Major. (in civies as it was a golf day)
dc and dsm.jpg
and here\s one of me getting another certificate and crap from the Technical Services Officer (my "old" boss)
tso.jpg
Holy crap life is GOOD!!!
Been flat out and the wife commented "you know you got the rest of your life to do this stuff eh? It doesn't have to all be completed in the first two weeks"

Supposed to rain tomorrow so I'll do inside stuff like putting on another 100L ferment and making a batch of Lager beer.

Holy crap this retirement thing is AWESOME!!!!!