HD T-Shirts

Little or nothing to do with distillation.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Uncle Jesse
Site Admin

HD T-Shirts

Post by Uncle Jesse »

Folks,

I'm willing to take this bull by the horns and get some HD t-shirts made up. Maybe other merch if people want it, but I'll start with t-shirts. I wouldn't mind a HD coffee mug and I know a few of you want HD thongs. Not mentioning any names there Tater.

I haven't seen all the threads. Where have we been arguing over which design(s) pass muster? Is there any sort of preference or consensus?
If only the best birds sang, the woods would be silent.
Bushman
Admin

Re: HD T-Shirts

Post by Bushman »

When I use the term thongs I am usually talking about flip flops. That is not what comes to mind with my son.
Kukukraut
Novice

Post by Kukukraut »

I have Photoshop and Illustrator skills. I am happy to polish up any designs, resize and/or anything else needed to prep the artwork for printing.
Turning my habit into a hobby one drop at a time.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Uncle Jesse wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:58 am Folks,

I'm willing to take this bull by the horns and get some HD t-shirts made up. Maybe other merch if people want it, but I'll start with t-shirts. I wouldn't mind a HD coffee mug and I know a few of you want HD thongs. Not mentioning any names there Tater.

I haven't seen all the threads. Where have we been arguing over which design(s) pass muster? Is there any sort of preference or consensus?
thats no way to talk about what may be my new rona mask :mrgreen: :mrgreen: heres link to page
https://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtop ... =7&t=75198
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

I would go for the grape smugglers or the foot wear.
Coffee mugs, flasks, tee shirts would all work.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
jayka
Swill Maker

Post by jayka »

I'm keen for a T-shirt. Just remember to go for quality material. Not point having a $10shirt that shrinks 3 sizes after 1 wash
Sooner or later the people who run the planet all end up choosing one drink....
oluf
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by oluf »

I would buy a shirt.. Maybe a service like teespring.com would be a good idea, where the chosen design could be applied to a selection of goods.
stillness
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by stillness »

+1
I'd get a shirt.
bronctoad
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bronctoad »

I only wear button shirts, but I'd be awfully proud or a coffee mug that'd second

as a Irish coffee holder when I'm not working :ewink:
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

Pint glasses and 4oz. Plus on the T-shirts. I am all in.
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Looks like we have failed to reach a consensus .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Snackson
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Snackson »

UJ, I am happy to help once I get back from deployment. I can print shirts as they are ordered via PM and send them to the members that want them. I have vinyl cutter, screen printing press, heat press, etc. at home. I will send you a PM shortly.
Windy City
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Windy City »

S3.JPG
S3.JPG (14.49 KiB) Viewed 8597 times
I really like the original S3 design with maybe an exception of putting homedistiller.org underneath the image of the still
The liver is evil and must be punished
Cranky"s spoon feeding for new and novice distillers
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975
JellybeanCorncob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by JellybeanCorncob »

Years ago I was the manager of an amateur sports team. We went went through a similar dilemma. I made the mistake of asking the entire club about logo design. Every one of them had a different idea about it. Similar to the scenario here. Giving everyone an opinion means lots of opinions and nothing gets done, or half are disappointed with the end product. Find out how many people want a t-shirt and give them a couple of choices in design. Vote on it. Make the shirts.
Boom done!
JBC
The Baker
Master of Distillation

Post by The Baker »

Right on, jellybean.

Geoff
The Baker
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

Make it and they will come!
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
v-child
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by v-child »

There are plenty of folks here that are quite capable of drafting a pretty good design/ artwork. Have a voting contest of the best and adopt the best design. One thing to remember about silk screen artwork on tee-shirts, it must be bold (heavy lined), simple and original (no copyright). The winner should get a freebie and bragging rights. Having the membership vote on the best will cure a lot of the usual bitching, moaning and crying later.
v-child
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by v-child »

One other thing, after adopting the design, query the membership for sizes, quantities and have them commit to purchase prior to making a run at the silk screeners. A few extra shirts laying around is one thing, but being out of pocket for dozens is quite another thing.
Snackson
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Snackson »

v-child wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:32 am One other thing, after adopting the design, query the membership for sizes, quantities and have them commit to purchase prior to making a run at the silk screeners. A few extra shirts laying around is one thing, but being out of pocket for dozens is quite another thing.
There are many options cheaper/better than screenprinter's that wouldn't require that much money up front. I've discussed a few of these options with UJ and waiting on a response from him. Screen printing would require a setup fee usually and again, paying up front. These other options allow them to get printed to order while still keeping the price under what a screen printer normally charges.
Fredistiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Fredistiller »

v-child wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:26 am Have a voting contest of the best and adopt the best design.
I like both the idea's of a t-shirt and/or a mug!

I'm concerned about one thing though, would I walk around with my T-shirt "I distill @Home" in the neighbourhood? After doing my best all these years to hide my hobby from my neighbours...
Corsaire
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Corsaire »

That's why I think a mason jar with ujssm stickered on it may be a good idea.

Simple drawing. Could look like a brand name. But those in the know would immediately get it.
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Post by Saltbush Bill »

Fredistiller wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:47 am I'm concerned about one thing though, would I walk around with my T-shirt "I distill @Home" in the neighbourhood?
Anyone who buys a teeshirt is going to have to make that call for them selves, in some countries and areas it might not be a great idea, in other countries I doubt that it would even rate a raised eyebrow.
Maybe two designs could be made ...one for those who would like a T shirt with a huge pot still on the front with an HD logo........and another for those who wish to be more discreet about their hobby.
v-child
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by v-child »

Fredistiller suggested a coffee mug. That would be a perfect solution for everyone in all areas. I drink coffee in a half liter German beer mug, so make it 20 ounces or better.

Snackson, my brother and I used to do a little silk-screening way back when. I'm sure that it is quite advanced from that era. I wouldn't want to see the cheap iron-on crap either. You probably know a heck of a lot more about it than I do.
Fredistiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Fredistiller »

Corsaire wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:55 am That's why I think a mason jar with ujssm stickered on it may be a good idea.

Simple drawing. Could look like a brand name. But those in the know would immediately get it.
That would be nice!
rubberduck71
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rubberduck71 »

I'd totally be down for some hd merch! Brandy snifters, whiskey glasses, mugs, hats, sweatshirts, etc... Is there a site that offers reasonable customizable options?

But as others have said previously, a more "subtle" t-shirt with a logo would be what I'd prefer. Something simple & discreet that would start a conversation with someone "in the know" (like the secret handshake mentioned above - What'd ya'll make today?).

Realize that I'm new here, just my opinion. It would be great to meet one of you guys/gals incognito via just a glance of the hd logo spotted on a shirt.
There are two times of year: FOOTBALL SEASON and... Waiting For Football Season
v-child
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by v-child »

rubberduck71 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:04 am
Realize that I'm new here, just my opinion. It would be great to meet one of you guys/gals incognito via just a glance of the hd logo spotted on a shirt.
That would be something! I can imagine a four hour conversation talking about the merits of distilling.
jonnys_spirit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jonnys_spirit »

That’s what tatoo’s are for! So we can ID eachother even when the fancy threads have been work bare.

And whatever you do please make it cost at least double. I don’t mind double’ish.

Cheers,
Jonny
————
i prefer my mash shaken, not stirred
————
BigJames
Novice

Post by BigJames »

The mason jar idea sounds good to me, but I would be down for any design. Ain’t scared!
BigJames
Novice

Post by BigJames »

The mason jar idea sounds good to me, but I would be down for any design. Ain’t scared!
GabrielLeo
Novice

Post by GabrielLeo »

v-child wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:26 am There are plenty of folks here that are quite capable of drafting a pretty good design/ artwork. Have a voting contest of the best and adopt the best design. One thing to remember about silk screen artwork on tee-shirts, it must be bold (heavy lined), simple and original (no copyright). The winner should get a freebie and bragging rights. Having the membership vote on the best will cure a lot of the usual bitching, moaning and crying later.
In my experience, Bella+Canvas are very decent. The leaner end (184 lb) and the big one suits me well is 6'1 and the wider end. The chest and arms fit a little slimmer with a little space in the region of the stomach. So far, I have had no quality problems. You can catch them on Amazon, and the value for money imo is very strong. I've tried several various simple tees and those are the ones I felt worth it, eventually.
Last edited by GabrielLeo on Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.