iStill NextGen

Place for craft/micro distillers in all stages of build to show and share.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: iStill NextGen

Post by Odin »

On Monday alone we shipped a total of five 500 and 2000 liter iStills to Canada, Croatia, Finland, the UK, and the USA. Here are some pics of the units being picked up and transported to our crating company:

41ca802d-5f6a-4aa7-bbf3-565037ff3331.jpg
972a2694-718f-4caa-ba9c-c84400ad0e81.jpg
e530590c-8226-4ebb-97bf-4be430e45ffc.jpg

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
BusyHive
Novice

Post by BusyHive »

Great stuff Odin. It must make you very proud that you're helping another distiller realise their dreams, as you have realised yours. My hat off to you!

I'm looking forward to the day when you post that your shipping a new iStill to my distillery :)
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Thanks for the kudo's, Busy. Looking forward to helping you out where we can.

Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

In order to help craft distilleries create quality spirits consistently, we now introduce StillControl!

https://istillblog.com/2020/08/13/impro ... llcontrol/

Regards, Odin.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Here's a picture of a new Japanese vodka that just got introduced. It is made by one of our customers on an iStill 2000.

117597860_3261742723908297_8729886388424517069_n.jpg

Regards, Odin.
BusyHive
Novice

Post by BusyHive »

My new iStill Mini was delivered a few days ago. Wow, this thing is built like a tank! It's also very versatile and a great product development still. You can make just about any drink you want on it.

Heaps of features - 6L (nett) insulated square boiler, power control for the 2000W element, agitator, reflux or pot still modes, 4 thermo ports, drain port. (for pics and details see https://istill.com/mini)

So far I've done a neutral spirit run on TPW low wines and pulled azeo down until I got into tails. It does a great job of compacting the heads, only had about 150mL out of a 6L wash. It also gave me a pretty good indication that I was into tails and time to stop the run.

Also did a pot still mode spirit run on a 1st gen CFW which came out pretty tasty off the still.

Now I'm doing a few experiments with a coffee liqueur, using the extractor that comes with the Mini.
BusyHive
Novice

Post by BusyHive »

Having lots of fun with the iStill Mini.

Made a really nice coffee liqueur using the extractor, big hit with the missus :D

Combined 2 gens of CFW and then ran the new make spirit through the extractor with some American Oak dominoes, then infused some honey into it for a really tasty honey Bourbon style whiskey.

Currently macerating some botanicals in the boiler with the agitator running, to do a gin run "on the herbs" tonight.
ZEB -WARD
Novice

Post by ZEB -WARD »

5 grand :esurprised:
BusyHive
Novice

Post by BusyHive »

ZEB -WARD wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:05 am 5 grand :esurprised:
Which includes access to the iStill University where you learn to be a craft distiller.

This isn't a tin pot hobby still from China, it's a proper product development still that you use for training and for developing any spirit you want. Then you can take that same recipe and scale it up to commercial production volumes on a commercial still.

Odin and his team have done a fantastic job with both the iStill Mini and the University. Worth every penny, in my opinion.
ZEB -WARD
Novice

Post by ZEB -WARD »

I agree Odin has done a great job,
but for us hobby type distillers it's a bit steep price wise.

I'd love one but can't justify lashing out 5 grand,

Odin any discount for HD members :D
Tummydoc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Tummydoc »

6 liters? Had no idea they were that small.