FEW

Place for craft/micro distillers in all stages of build to show and share.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Jimbo
retired

FEW

Post by Jimbo »

Seeing this makes me happy.

FEW is a new startup craft guy in Chicago area. Shelved up with billboard and lookin good! Notice Whistlepig pricetag :wtf:
Few.jpg
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
dstaines
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: FEW

Post by dstaines »

Jimbo have you sampled the wares? I've seen that label popping up around, and I'm very curious to try. He's got quite a few kinds of whiskey yes?
I buy all my liquor at the hardware store.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

They might just have the four shown here, a couple gins a bourbon and a rye. I tried the rye its nice. more time will be its friend at 60 bones a bottle.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
WhiteDevil504
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WhiteDevil504 »

Is that nikka taketsuru in the top right? Too much fun stuff that I can't get in my state.... Hopefully they will get Illinois wide distribution and I can find it on the west side soon
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Have not tried it but 60 bones will be pretty standard soon for a quality craft spirit.
Our Eagle Mountain gets 56 locally. It's a short age. Sells quite well. I'd guess 60 if sold in your neck of the woods Jimbo.

Harder to grasp those numbers when you make your own and in your heart it's obvious that yours is at least equal, typically better.
But the curious with money, and the knowledgeable with money. They make those numbers work.

You were curious and very knowledgeable. And had the money. Target market.
bellybuster
Master of Distillation

Post by bellybuster »

There is much controversy over whistle pigs claim of its rye to be American Straight. It is distilled and aged in Canada. Whistle pig simply bottles it.
Nice to see small guys that actually distill their spirits hit the shelves. More and more showing up here in Canada as well.
Mudturtle
Bootlegger

Post by Mudturtle »

Saw a few of this guy's wares at the beverage depot in Lagrange GA was gonna pick some up but I already had a few 1/2 gallons of jager for my crews twice a year rally. Wish I could make a faux jager....would help the pockets out come rally time heh
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Speaking of FEW. Was just talking to these guys, they have some used barrels available if youre local to Chicago and need a used barrel. Choice of Bourbon or Rye. 15 or 5 gal. $125 ea. Cheaper if you by a few, from few :roll:
Mudturtle
Bootlegger

Post by Mudturtle »

If I was that guy is be ecstatic...walk in a liqour store and see my own product on the shelf, I'd bust with pride
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Right, gotta be a damned good feeling. That Colonel Taylor next to FEW is some nasty foul ass rotgut. Was shocked how bad it is for that price.