Want to start own

Place for craft/micro distillers in all stages of build to show and share.

Moderator: Site Moderator

sv_tr
Novice

Want to start own

Post by sv_tr »

Hello everyone!

I want to start my own Destillery there i make Vodka. I want just make Vodka. I talked today with Kothe and they told me just for the machine it will cost 200 000 euro. I want to make in one day 1 000L Vodka who is in the bottle. I think Kothe gave me a to high price. Its pump, distillery and tanks for it who they calculate. Nothing more and a price like that it to much what i think. I live in Sweden and can someone help me with this? I want to go to a course about destillery to. I have read the recipe and more "how to make vodka" but whatever i want to go to a course for be 100% sure. Because it is a a company who i want to start and it should be seriously:) So if you know course who can teach like for 2-3 days. Wiev everything how it should be with mash, destillery, machines yeah more everything.

I hope you guys can help :)

And sorry if i type bad with my english. I wasnt good in school to.
der wo
Master of Distillation

Re: Want to start own

Post by der wo »

So you would like to learn everything in 2-3 days? :wtf:

Of course everyone can invest money and build a distillery. But you need someone, who knows the practice. And someone for the economical things.

Edit: So you could be the investor. You need licences, mashing, distilling, filtering, perhaps flavouring, bottling, marketing, selling. And before you start to investyou need a market analysis for what you have to know as much as possible about all the other vodka producers for what you need someone who knows as much as possible about this industry.
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg
sv_tr
Novice

Post by sv_tr »

I have market done. I need just you know fast check up more. And someone who i can talk with when i got problem. Yeah i know i need a lot of things/machine. I can invest like 300 000 euro who i have in cash ready.
as82
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by as82 »

I can get you one for 120k€. Just need a down payment for the supplier. Mail me for the swift nr. and transfer the first 50k€ please. :lol:
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

When you know how your vodka shall taste to be successful and you know how many bottles you want to produce a month, then you have to find out which machines and recipes you need for this. You cannot decide this after a 2-3 days course. And then you have to know, what a good price for those machines is, or you get ripped off.

Be aware, I fear it sounds very easy to rip you off.

Sorry, I have no idea, what you can expect for 300000.
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

as82 wrote:I can get you one for 120k€. Just need a down payment for the supplier. Mail me for the swift nr. and transfer the first 50k€ please. :lol:
Oh yes! as82 is the best corporation for vodka distilleries here. Good stills and low prices.

PS: as82, 20k on my account, ok?
bluefish_dist
Distiller

Post by bluefish_dist »

Need to figure out how much you want to make. I found that the still was the least of my expenses. I maybe have $10k in 2 stills and a mash tun. I can only make small batches, but that's the market I am going after.
Say you make 10gal per day. That means you need 100-150 gallons of wash per day. Then you have to be able to bottle 50 bottles per day. If you are using all grain, you will need 200-300lbs of grain per day. Go bigger and you will need more equipment. Even if you can make it, can you sell it? A big distiller like titos uses multiple tanker trucks per week, maybe 1000 gal per day is processed. That took a long time to get that big.
Formerly
Dsp-CO-20051
bitter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bitter »

Good luck, but I think you need lots of research. Most craft distilleries can't make a go of just 1 product. Most I have seen Start with Vodka, Gin and Rum and later ask whiskey... Some also put some moonshine/whitedog in the mix.

B
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

tjena
you may have done proper research off the market but do you know how much one liter of 100% alcohol is taxed at in Sweden?

It's a lot, you need to sell a 70cl bottle at 40 % for close to 400sek to break even.

I think you should be able to do better on the cost of equipment no bother.
As for courses there are a few about, just make sur eyou get the one that is right for youg
Don't be a dick
Boda Getta
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Boda Getta »

This may be the most amazing thread I've read in this forum!
sv_tr
Novice

Post by sv_tr »

Swedish Pride wrote:tjena
you may have done proper research off the market but do you know how much one liter of 100% alcohol is taxed at in Sweden?

It's a lot, you need to sell a 70cl bottle at 40 % for close to 400sek to break even.

I think you should be able to do better on the cost of equipment no bother.
As for courses there are a few about, just make sur eyou get the one that is right for youg

Tja, yeah i know. 511Kr for 1 Liter Alcohol also 100& alcohol. in 70cl bottle you have 28 alcohol and the rest is watter. It cost just for tax 143kr (punkligtskatt). I checked it up with everything. You know the help i need here is some one who can help me find the right course and the right equipments. I think 300 000 euro will be enough for this idk. More then 300 000 euro will be hard to find.

Like i told you guys the market is done. We have alot of friends in the club buissness. We will not just sell our product here in Sweden in EU to.

Do we have someone in forum who i can talk with who have one compan who is ready and done and he make product? Maybe he could help me? I know harley and i readed Odin to. But you know im more searching for peopel who is in. And one who dont make own distillery equipments because that time i dont have :D I want to have it done like in 1 year.

Hope you guys can help me :lol:
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

quick googling got this
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=disti ... sAHBg62ICg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

not sure how much help humble home distillers would be in the setting up of a business, Odin may be your best bet for a local lad in Europe.
But based on this post and your post over on bryggforum.se I think you need to get yourself immersed more in the theory and practice of distilling before you take the leap, it sounds like you done the maths and business side research a bit and the distilling side next to none.
Don't be a dick
as82
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by as82 »

Swedish Pride wrote:Odin may be your best bet for a local lad in Europe.
:wtf:
I sense terrible misconceptions by people from the United States of Kraft&Coke
... compared to the US Europe is full of guys teaching artisan cooking, brewing, distilling etc..
Knafs
Novice

Post by Knafs »

Based on your comments, I suspect you would be far, far, far, far, far, far better off paying someone to make the vodka for you and focusing on selling and marketing your brand.
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

I don't know of any craft distillery startup that hit the ground producing 1000 liters of any type of spirits per day... That's ~10,000 liters fermented to dry every single day and run through one or multiple reflux columns... And that's paying tax up front for 5,000 - 7,000 liters per week...

You say you've done research, but have you really...??? Do you know how much water, electric, gas, labor, fermentation vessels, spirit storage, bottling, bottles and caps, labels, and the list goes on, that you actually need...??? I don't think 300,000 Euros is gonna be enough to stay running for one week, let alone year after year...

I think you need to speak with several consultants before that money burns a hole in your pocket... More than a few craft distilleries burned through that much money or more and are already out of business and their volume expectations were far lower than your current expectations... You'll just go through all of your money faster...

I wish you luck but I think you need to come back down to earth and reconsider your expectations... Not to mention getting a grasp of the overall process... If it was as easy as you envision we'd all be pumping out large volumes and be rich...
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

as82 wrote:
Swedish Pride wrote:Odin may be your best bet for a local lad in Europe.
:wtf:
I sense terrible misconceptions by people from the United States of Kraft&Coke
... compared to the US Europe is full of guys teaching artisan cooking, brewing, distilling etc..
would you not be better off to try to help the poor lad then with your knowledge rather than nitpicking on one part of my comment
Don't be a dick
as82
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by as82 »

This is a troll.

Couldnt resist poking fun at the whole discussion, sorry... but I will not put any effort in this.
Do not to feed him.