2017 American Craft Spirits Awards

Place for craft/micro distillers in all stages of build to show and share.

Moderator: Site Moderator

LWTCS
Site Mod

2017 American Craft Spirits Awards

Post by LWTCS »

Our 2017 American Craft Spirits Awards Winners

Vodka & Grain Spirits

Gold Du Nord Craft Spirits – L’etoile Du Nord

Silver Black Dog Distillery – Black Dog Lavender Vodka

Bronze Banner Distilling Company – Banner Natural Vodka Boot Hill Distillery – Boot Hill Distillery Vodka Jackson Hole Still Works – Highwater Vodka Northside Distilling Company – Northside Vodka Republic Restoratives LLC – Civic Vodka Solar Spirits LLC – Original Premium Vodka Three Rivers Distilling Company – Harvester Vodka

Gin Gold Du Nord Craft Spirits – Fitzgerald #1 One Eight Distilling – Untitled Gin No. 2

Silver Rogue Spirits – Pink Spruce Gin Tom’s Town Distilling Co – Mcelroy’s Corruption Gin

Bronze Solar Spirits LLC – Barrel Finished One Eight Distilling – Ivy City Gin Rogue Spirits – Spruce Gin Tom’s Town Distilling Co – The Machine No. 1: Antique Gun Jersey Spirits Distilling Co. – Dsp.7 Gin Oppidan Spirits – Oppidan Barrel Reserve Old Tom Gin Vermont Spirits – Coppers Barrel Gin

Specialty Spirits

Silver Black Button Distilling – Bespoke Bourbon Cream New deal Distillery – Cascadia D’amore

Bronze Du Nord Craft Spirits – Apple Du Nord Du Nord Craft Spirits – Café Frieda Gorget Distilling Co. – Battle Shine Glacier Distilling Company – Fireweed Glacier Distilling Company – Trail of the Cedars Temple Distilling Company – Bookmark Limoncello

Rum

Silver Artisan Grain Distillery – Gold Rum

Bronze Gorget Distilling Co. – Gadsden H&H Distillery – Hazel 63 Rum Lyon Distilling Company – Lyon Dark Rum

Whiskey

Gold Dark Corner Distillery – Whiskey Girl Peach

Silver Rogue Spirits – Oregon Single Malt Whiskey Rogue Spirits – Dead Guy Whiskey Tom’s Town Distilling Co – Pendergat’s Royal Gold Bourbon Glacier Distilling Company – North Fork Tuthilltown Spirits – Hudson Whiskey Baby Bourbon

Bronze Banner Distilling Company РBanner Wheat Whiskey One Eight Distilling РRock Creek Rye Whiskey Oppidan Spirits РOppidan Solera Aged Bourbon Oppidan Spirits РOppidan Malted Rye Whiskey Andalusia Whiskey Co. РStryker Andalusia Whiskey Co. РRevenant Oak Great Wagon Road Distilling Co. РR̼a (RUA)

Brandy

Bronze Rocheport Distilling Company - Brandy

We here at StillDragon would like to sincerely congratulate all of our medal winning customers, and wish all of you much continued success.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
Bushman
Admin

Re: 2017 American Craft Spirits Awards

Post by Bushman »

Larry could you give the location of the distilleries in case I am on the road and want to stop by for a sample :thumbup:
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Republic Restoratives is in DC.
I had their Civic Vodka and was quite impressed.
I was told its corn based, was lightly sweet and very smooth.

Too smooth, I thought, for a mixed drink, it offered up no bite.
But an excellent sipper even for a whiskey guy.

Also had some craft rum just down the street the same night, a place called Cotton & Reed.
Strong flavorful molassesy rum, I was impressed with their silver rum, but their spiced gold was good too.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
LWTCS
Site Mod

Post by LWTCS »

Bushman wrote:Larry could you give the location of the distilleries in case I am on the road and want to stop by for a sample :thumbup:
Hi Bushy,
I'm on the road to DC at the moment for the BevEx convention.

I can update this list when I return and have a real computer if that's ok.

As an aside, I struck up a very pleasant conversation with the master distiller from Mount Vernon Distillery. He has invited us to come over and see the whole George Washington,,,,enchilada! Really excited about that as they try and do everything as historically accurate as possible.

Pics forthcoming.
Trample the injured and hurdle the dead.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

LWTCS wrote:
He has invited us to come over and see the whole George Washington,,,,enchilada!
Us, as in HD? :lol: surely not all 30k will make it, but maybe a few of us that are around? :thumbup:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
emptyglass
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: Victoria, Australia.Usually the shed. Sometimes the cellar.

Post by emptyglass »

Well done @LWTCS love your work mate :thumbup:
You design it, I make it. Copper and Stainless. Down under. PM me.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Not sure how you found this old post Emptyglass but in rereading it I see a lavender vodka. I have been in Hawaii over two weeks now and amazed how many edible products are made out of lavender.
zapata
Distiller

Post by zapata »

I've read several times about a lavender off flavor in some scotches, and always thought it sounded lovely! Or maybe I'm just a sucker for french whores with my malt whisky.
http://whiskyscience.blogspot.com/2011/ ... h.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow