Super Sonic Moonshine Machine

Any hardware used for mashing, fermenting or aging.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Mudflats
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Super Sonic Moonshine Machine

Post by Mudflats »

Lyonsie wrote:The only interesting episode of that show ever was when he visited Dublin. Not that im biased or anything. :lol:

almost made me embarrassed to be an American
Mash Huffer~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mudflats
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Mudflats »

Odin wrote:Haha! Too funny, indeed. "Low volt current" to me means that they warm up the white dog with some barrel staves and oak chips present. The warmth will speed up the oaking process a bit and it will age the tails out a bit sooner, but without cavitation, higher temps (60 to 65 C) it aint doing much. Expecially in 24 hours, the results will be ... well, that it adds some color.

Regards, Odin.

If this is the case, then why can't you just warm the stuff up in a sauce pan ?
Or like, let it simmer over a slow stove for a few ?
Why the electrical bullshit ? (aside from Tim's dire need for attention and drama ?)
Mash Huffer~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

This is the first I have seen this. Interesting read but it has made me start thinking :think: I have a couple of old violet ray devices, and now I'm thinking what would happen if I used one of those on some alcohol, maybe attach it to wood in a jar :D maybe couple it with that old HHO generator I made a few, ok many, years ago? I might be able to achieve 20 years aging in 10 minutes :ebiggrin:

Maybe I should save this post for April first :moresarcasm:
RedwoodHillBilly

Post by RedwoodHillBilly »

cranky wrote: Maybe I should save this post for April first :moresarcasm:
Or in the Liars bench :D
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I've been thinking about this for a couple of days now and have to say, sometimes maybe I shouldn't be allowed to think :think: But anyway I know I joked about it a few days ago but then I actually started thinking about it, really! I thought if I hooked up a couple of sticks to the violet ray and stuck them in some Unicorn Sweat, what would be the worst that could happen? The answer of course could be pretty scary but I figured , what the hell, I have a couple spare VRs anyway and they only put out 50,000 volts or so. So I went ahead and wrapped the ends of some sticks in SS wire and hooked them up to the VR and turned it on. :esurprised: to my surprise it ACTUALLY WORKED!!!!

It went from this
AF #1 - C.jpg
To this
AF #4 - C.jpg
in only 10 minutes!!! and tastes like it has been barrel aging for at least 10 years.

I stopped after 10 minutes because these old VRs only have a 15 minute duty cycle or I figure I could have gotten 20 years of aging in 20 minutes, so one year per minute :problem: Not bad if I do say so myself :ewink:

Of course this is an April Fools joke :moresarcasm:
skow69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by skow69 »

Boy, I'm glad you put that spoiler in. It's been a long day and I was about to freak out all over your ass. :lol: :wink: :lol:
Distilling at 110f and 75 torr.
I'm not an absinthe snob, I'm The Absinthe Nazi. "NO ABSINTHE FOR YOU!"
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

I have a pretty advanced palate. Send me a quart and I can determine whether that aging really was 20 years, or limited to just 15.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

skow69 wrote:Boy, I'm glad you put that spoiler in. It's been a long day and I was about to freak out all over your ass. :lol: :wink: :lol:
I missed the spoiler the first time around and was trying to think of a response to the post. I do like my US machine but it has limitations to what it actually does as mentioned by Odin and reaffirmed by LWTSC in their earlier posts. If something/someone makes the claim it does everything I think it is important to be skeptical.
Cranky, being retired dates aren't as important to me anymore thus April Fools day just went over my head.
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

I just think about when was the last moment when I aged 20 years in 1 second.
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg
Lyonsie
Swill Maker

Post by Lyonsie »

I went on the beer once and got twisted. Met a beautiful woman and headed home with her. I aged 20 years in 1 second the next morning when the beer goggles were off. :lol:
I thought i was wrong once,
But then i found out i was mistaken.

Kill the women, and rape the men.
sltm1
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by sltm1 »

For a proper and factual answer to this question, I think it's absolutely necessary for one of our more gifted "stiller's' to channel Nikolai Tesla for his opinion!! :roll: !
A Paraphrase of a Joe Walsh Album Title, "The Drinkier I get, The Smokier I Play!!"
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A while back at work I got bit by a Phishing scam :evil: Fortunately it was my works IT department that had sent the email so instead of getting malware I had to take anti phishing training so maybe some things I did were a bit more obvious to me but I'm a bit surprised you didn't notice some things about the pictures. OK the name of the pictures may be a little bit subtle but I'm surprised you didn't notice the 2 different brands of jars I used. I was actually planning a bit more elaborate of a hoax, showing the Violet Ray in some water with the electricity going everywhere (Those VRs are just so fun to play with :ebiggrin: ) and some other things like jars at different stages of aging saying things like, this one is at 2 minutes...3 minutes etc...
skow69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by skow69 »

You are a deep and complex man and I will be waiting for you next April 1.

(AF1,AF4, not bad.)
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

This one just posted on Distillery Trail:
http://www.distillerytrail.com/blog/new ... in-1-week/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
skow69
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by skow69 »

This one is my favorite. They only need 24 hours.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Now I'm going to have to try doing something with that VR.
bilgriss
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bilgriss »

Crank it up.