Dedicated all corn mashing pot help...

Any hardware used for mashing, fermenting or aging.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Guerilla Distillah
Novice

Dedicated all corn mashing pot help...

Post by Guerilla Distillah »

Long time brewer new distiller, so the chemistry(i.e. pudding patrol with enzymes and such) is familiar but the logistics/physics are a new project. I have a single tier, 3 vessel 1/2BBL brewery with a HLT with a HERMS coil, a mash tun with a "T" in the bulkhead and braided hose for "screens." and a boiler. I wish to modify another 1/2BBL Sankey keg with a 1" coupler welded in as a BH fitting as low on the side as I can. My thought is the 1" port is less likely to plug after cooking mash, immersion chilling and draining into buckets for transfer to upstairs bedroom turned into "The Fermentation Parlor" where sterile fermentation vessels await. Excluding those who have fancy schmancy Bain Marie-esque situations or otherwise do not have to change from mash COOKING vessel to mash FERMENTATION vessel by either scoop or pump or ball valve n good ol' gravity...How do you do it? Sure I could go with SOP trial n error the wife and I and fought over brewin messes in AGES why start over?...:)

Thanks,
GD
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: Dedicated all corn mashing pot help...

Post by Truckinbutch »

Just got a new propane burner today to dedicate to my mashing station and BOP . Trying to time mashes so that I can rack one and cook the next while getting ready to still the last one .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
aircarbonarc
Swill Maker

Post by aircarbonarc »

Truckinbutch wrote:Just got a new propane burner today to dedicate to my mashing station and BOP . Trying to time mashes so that I can rack one and cook the next while getting ready to still the last one .
I mash on weekdays and still in weekends, the issues with having a Monday to Friday job.
long live Oldsmobile Aleros
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

aircarbonarc wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:Just got a new propane burner today to dedicate to my mashing station and BOP . Trying to time mashes so that I can rack one and cook the next while getting ready to still the last one .
I mash on weekdays and still in weekends, the issues with having a Monday to Friday job.
I hear you . That does place some constraints on your hobby .
I worked my way out of those fetters into retirement . Now the biggest problem I have is that prick I work for (me). Some days he doesn't want me to do a damned thing .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
aircarbonarc
Swill Maker

Post by aircarbonarc »

Truckinbutch wrote:
aircarbonarc wrote:
I hear you . That does place some constraints on your hobby .
I worked my way out of those fetters into retirement . Now the biggest problem I have is that prick I work for (me). Some days he doesn't want me to do a damned thing .
This 5 days a week type regular job isn't something I'm used to. I miss the freedom of my previous occupation where I'd go away for a few weeks, work insane hours then I'd be home for awhile to work on my stilling. Looking forward till the oil price goes back up and I can go back to my regular life with winters and summers off.
long live Oldsmobile Aleros