Buying oak barrels for small batch aging in USA

Any hardware used for mashing, fermenting or aging.

Moderator: Site Moderator

fsdowie
Novice

Buying oak barrels for small batch aging in USA

Post by fsdowie »

Hello,

I haven't found any updated post on buying online oak barrels for aging small batch spirits. I'm looking for a reliable 2L (half gallon) oak barrel that I can easily get online from USA. Amazon.com has a lot of sellers but I have had not the best experiences with my previous two barrels that I got from there. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Fede.
Boda Getta
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Buying oak barrels for small batch aging in USA

Post by Boda Getta »

I recommend Gibbs Brothers (google them) They are a little pricey, but the quality, delivery and customer service is first class. I use 3 gal kegs, normally #3 but my last keg was a #4. There are a lot of crap kegs online, buyer beware.
Good luck,

BG
Irishgnome
Swill Maker

Post by Irishgnome »

Fede.

http://barrelsonline.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Best prices, quick shipping and no added charge for a custom head.
I’ve ordered from them multiple times and have never had an issue.
They are out of Mexico, but the wood is sourced from a cooper in Kentucky.
Most of the oak they get is from Kentucky and Indiana.

Best of luck in your quest.

Cheers
Irish.
"There is something about yourself that you don't know. Something that you will deny even exists until it's too late to do anything about it."
jog666
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jog666 »

I plan on getting a couple Gibbs Brothers barrels myself. I was planning a trip for around this time of the year but was informed by the wife that spring break NEXT YEAR is when I can take her to Hot Springs. :cry: I cant bullshit her & say I dont have enough bottle/jar storage with all the free ones I got a few months ago. Which was how I planned to play it. "Honey, Im out of jars & bottles. Im going after a barrel for storage, see you tomorrow or the day after."
metalsmith
Bootlegger

Post by metalsmith »

I bought a new Balcone 20 liter barrel from Walmart online char 3 ? 129 shipped. Not sure if that is a good price or not.