Anyone heard of this material?

If it plugs in, post it here.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Rain Distillate
Swill Maker

Anyone heard of this material?

Post by Rain Distillate »

Came across this while window shopping online. Anyone use the 3 phase? Any benefits? 8500 watts is a lot haha. Is that material safe for distilling? Says it started as 304 s.s.

https://store.brewpi.com/incoloy-3-phas ... ment-8500w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Bushman
Admin

Re: Anyone heard of this material?

Post by Bushman »

Not sure about the material but the length would span the full distance across a keg so I would be worried about contact with the sides if using a keg boiler.
Rain Distillate
Swill Maker

Bushman wrote:Not sure about the material but the length would span the full distance across a keg so I would be worried about contact with the sides if using a keg boiler.

Was more interested in the design of the element (opposed to standard elements) and the material used in the element.

It'd be going in a 30-35 gallon copper boiler 25-30" radius, so it'd be fine.
SaltyStaves
Distiller

Post by SaltyStaves »

The Camco elements that many here use, are Incoloy 804 (likely same material but different composition).
freefall
Swill Maker

Post by freefall »

sounds like an inconel alloy. iconel is a type of stainless steel used in aerospace.
I don't know the composition of the alloys.
did the recomended thing:
The most fundamental of difference between them lies in their composition. Inconel®, predominantly of nickel-chrome, generally contains over 50% nickel, whereas Incoloyl®, a nickel-iron-chromium alloy, has less than 50% nickel content.
RedwoodHillBilly

Post by RedwoodHillBilly »

Incoloy 800 is a type of stainless, NiCrFe . It has good hi-temp properties which will help resist dry firing. Bottom line, don't worry about the material, just worry about the physical size and how you will power it. Do you have access to 415v 3 phase or just 240 1 phase?
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

RedwoodHillBilly wrote:Incoloy 800 is a type of stainless, NiCrFe . It has good hi-temp properties which will help resist dry firing. Bottom line, don't worry about the material, just worry about the physical size and how you will power it. Do you have access to 415v 3 phase or just 240 1 phase?
I can't get the link to load so not knowing the power requirements of that element I can say that it is a rare case to have 3 phase power available for home use, 208 or 480 vac

OVZ
Rain Distillate
Swill Maker

Oldvine Zin wrote:
RedwoodHillBilly wrote:Incoloy 800 is a type of stainless, NiCrFe . It has good hi-temp properties which will help resist dry firing. Bottom line, don't worry about the material, just worry about the physical size and how you will power it. Do you have access to 415v 3 phase or just 240 1 phase?
I can't get the link to load so not knowing the power requirements of that element I can say that it is a rare case to have 3 phase power available for home use, 208 or 480 vac

OVZ

You guys are way over thinking the question of this topic haha...I dont really care about the particular unit itself. Just the material it's made out of :thumbup:
RedwoodHillBilly

Post by RedwoodHillBilly »

rain distillate wrote:
RedwoodHillBilly wrote:Incoloy 800 is a type of stainless, NiCrFe . It has good hi-temp properties which will help resist dry firing. Bottom line, don't worry about the material, just worry about the physical size and how you will power it.
You guys are way over thinking the question of this topic haha...I dont really care about the particular unit itself. Just the material it's made out of :thumbup:
See my response above