good qusetion??

LP, NG, gas burners of all types. Wood, coal or Steam equipment.

Moderator: Site Moderator

notme301
Novice

good qusetion??

Post by notme301 »

I cant find answer yet so im going to ask does it matter how fast or high heat on electric stove all im doing right now is a strip run?? 6gal pot to the worm
MitchyBourbon
Distiller

Re: good qusetion??

Post by MitchyBourbon »

Yes, you will have more flavor with a vigorous boil. I assume you are using a simple pot still.
I'm goin the distance...
notme301
Novice

Post by notme301 »

Yes a simple pot still 6gal
BDF
Swill Maker

Post by BDF »

If you're stripping turn up the heat until:

A. Your ability to condense the vapor is overpowered (you start shooting vapor out of your condenser, which is dangerous)
B. Your wash bubbles so vigorously that it bubbles up into your condenser contaminating your product (at which point you must stop and clean out your head/condenser)
copper sweat
Swill Maker

Post by copper sweat »

BDF wrote:If you're stripping turn up the heat until:

A. Your ability to condense the vapor is overpowered (you start shooting vapor out of your condenser, which is dangerous)
B. Your wash bubbles so vigorously that it bubbles up into your condenser contaminating your product (at which point you must stop and clean out your head/condenser)
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

copper sweat wrote:
BDF wrote:If you're stripping turn up the heat until:

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Not sure why you gave this thumbs down? These two ate the two limiting factors of how fast you can run a stripping run. As long as you stay under both of them. You are good.
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
copper sweat
Swill Maker

Post by copper sweat »

I'd like to apologize to bdf I actually miss read your post and I thought you were being sarcastic. I feel like an ass :oops: