natural gas burners

LP, NG, gas burners of all types. Wood, coal or Steam equipment.

Moderator: Site Moderator

bayouman
Novice

natural gas burners

Post by bayouman »

where would i find a natural burner, i got a propane one but natural gas would be so much cheaper and easier? thanks
Dan P.
Distiller

Re: natural gas burners

Post by Dan P. »

You can use a propane burner but you must change the nipples/jets. You will probably want to ask about that at your local plumbers supply establishment.
Domiz
Novice

Post by Domiz »

Natural gas is cheaper but is not efficient as propane.
frunobulax
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by frunobulax »

I have 4 of these http://www.agrisupply.com/cast-iron-burner/p/64494/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow They're set up for propane, but I drilled the orifice to 1/8'' and they work great for Natural gas.
I don't agree that they are not as efficient an propane. They may not be as hot, but propane with these burners would be like stillin' on the sun.
bonacker
Novice

Post by bonacker »

it depends what type of burner you are using. 3 things to consider- orifice, regulator, air
orifice- going from propane to natural is easier than vice versa, because you just have to make the orifice bigger. Natural is roughly 2.5 times larger, but if you find out the size of your LP orifice and then google a conversion chart, it will give you the natural gas size.
regulator- if you're using something with a regulator on it now for lp, then you're going to have an issue. I'd need to know what your setup is to give any more advice
air- if the burner you have has an air shutter(basically a means of adjusting how much air is sucked into the burner as the gas passes through) it will have to be adjusted when switching. typically you close it(not all the way!) with natural, and open all the way with lp.

let me know if I can be of any more assistance
RBL
Novice

Post by RBL »

natural gas is popular in my area. most people that have it going to their house have also switched the BBQ grill to NG. the stores that sell grills and patio stuff have the parts in stock, at least around here. NOT Lowes or Home Depot.
bayouman
Novice

Post by bayouman »

i'll check with my propane guy, he's a friend of a friend, he should know. thanks everyone
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Look online for a wok burner. Cheap and multiple btu ratings. I have two think I paid about 20 bucks a piece. They come set up for NG so no drilling or changing jets. Plug and Play.
cajunmuscadine
Novice

Post by cajunmuscadine »

http://www.mcssl.com/store/8443838/cata ... ry/5326409" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... s%20burner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow