Turkey fryer heat.

LP, NG, gas burners of all types. Wood, coal or Steam equipment.

Moderator: Site Moderator

stubaloo
Novice

Turkey fryer heat.

Post by stubaloo »

Forgive me ouya this question irs asked somewhere else. I'm using a turkey fryer for the burner, so what type of flame should I have going for my run?

Low?
Medium?
High?
White_Lightning_Rod
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Turkey fryer heat.

Post by White_Lightning_Rod »

Depends on a couple things, what kind of still you running, are you doing a strip or spirit run, how much are you running, how much space is between the flame and the bottom of your boiler, are you using a heat shroud, lots of variables.

Simple answer is if you are running a pot still run it wide open until you get close to collection temps then turn the heat down till you get to the collection rate you want. On a stripping run turn it up as high as your condensor can handle. On a spirit run turn it down till you get a steady take off rate of a broken stream to a twisted stream coming out.

Check out this section, read it all http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=46 you will find your answers, and you will get better responses if we can tell you have put in the effort to learn on your own prior to asking noob questions,
Last edited by White_Lightning_Rod on Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HD forum, the best damn group of criminals and outlaws you'll ever meet.
IrishEnigma
Swill Maker

Post by IrishEnigma »

What kind of still do you have?

Doing a stripping run or spirit run?

also do some reading. Google search with home distiller in the line as well as your question.
IE
stubaloo
Novice

Post by stubaloo »

Thanks, I am doing a spirit run through a pot still. I tried doing a Google search for this as well, but I came up Emory there though as well. Thank you for the responses though. Much appreciation.
W Pappy
Distiller

Post by W Pappy »

If you read the pot still section you would have your answer.Adjust the heat to get a thin broken stream.
Buy the ticket and ride the lightnin boys !!!
Impatience is the root of all bad things in my book of makin likker!
The sound of a thumper is the heart beat of the rebel" Warden Pappy"