Edel Metal Bru Burner

LP, NG, gas burners of all types. Wood, coal or Steam equipment.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Deerhunter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Edel Metal Bru Burner

Post by Deerhunter »

I was looking at the Edel Metal which is 72,000 BTU. They claim this can boil 7 gal. of water in 40 min. I don't know if that's good or bad for this burner. I'm interested in this burner because it is low pressure. I'm assuming this will use less propane compared to the high pressure 30psi Banjo classic Burners. I will be running a 13gal SS pot with a maximum 0f 10 gal of wash. Does anyone here use the Edel Metal. I can't see buying a high pressure burner if I can use a low pressure one.
Sky Diving without a parachute is a once in a life time experience!
rad14701
retired

Re: Edel Metal Bru Burner

Post by rad14701 »

BTU's are BTU's, regardless of whether the burner is high or low pressure... :idea: The primary difference is that a low pressure burner won't deliver as many BTU's as a high pressure burner for obvious reasons...
Deerhunter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deerhunter »

Rad, do you have any recommendations? I would like to purchase a 13gal milk can instead of the 8 so I can run 10 gal of wash with plenty of head room. I would like to run with propane. But using those high pressure burners may be costly. Where I am upstate I don't have 220 in my shed and wouldn't make sense to run off a generator. But I don't want to stock pile propane tanks either. Would you say high pressure is the way to go. Any advice on burners would be appreciated!
Deerhunter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deerhunter »

Is anyone using one of these would like some input. Reading all different boil times with this burner.
Attachments
edelmetall.jpg
humbledore
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by humbledore »

Deerhunter almost all propane burners are high pressure. Even the banjo burner at the heart of that pic you show. It's probably a good burner but it's not going to save propane for you. BTW I bought the same banjo burner (just the burner) for $35 + shipping and plumbed it up to propane. It worked great. I have since moved on to natural gas using the same burners but drilling out the orifice to a larger size. NG is truly low pressure.

Edit: I can testify that a banjo burner uses a LOT of propane vs. some of these other burners like the Bayou Classic BG10. The banjo burner is available as a Bayou Classic BG14, search on amazon.
Deerhunter
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Deerhunter »

Would a 20 lb propane tank get me through a run? Would hate to run out of propane and then loose reflux.
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

I have a bayou classic sp10 burner. I can start to get drips from a 10 gal charge in about 45 min. I always do single slow runs that last around 5 to 6hours. A 20lb tank usually last me about 3 to 4 runs. All of these are ballpark figures because well things just tend to vary from run to run.

Hope this helps some!
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.