solderless reverse liebig/concentric cold finger

Anything cooling/condenser related.

Moderator: Site Moderator

iwine
Site Donor
Site Donor

solderless reverse liebig/concentric cold finger

Post by iwine »

I got bored waiting for my parts for my new build. Rad suggested that may need a cold finger. Don't mind the crude drawings I did them in PowerPoint.
I wanted to make something that required little or no soldering.I looked at the copper that I had and this is what I came up with.
[img]
solder less reverse Liebig-concentric cold finger test.jpg
[/img]
[img]
Installed solder less reverse Liebig-concentric cold finger test.jpg
[/img]

I hope I didn't over or under think this. I would like some feed back if you please.((Okay I lied you do have to solder the 3/4" end cap, depending on what you are building the fins could be optional.)) I also added fins on the 3/4" end cap and i will twist them about 30 degrees to add a swirling affect in the condenser and act like heat sink for better cooling lower in the tube. This is what I'm going to stick it into. http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 87&t=61374

Im still learning.
Thanks ahead of time for your comments

PS it took me a bit to figure out :shock: to convert PDF to JPG then place it on my post. Its much better now.
rubber duck
retired

Re: solderless reverse liebig/concentric cold finger

Post by rubber duck »

You'd hearing crickets because no one can figure out what your trying to do. I'm not following your idea, granted I'm not to sharp but I'm lost on this one.
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. John Steinbeck
Desvio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Desvio »

:wtf: Copper scrubbie is pointless, vapor won't even get a chance to reach it with the overkill cooling. How you plan on collecting product?

Seems like we are missing the other 80% of the design.
People say that I'm a bad influence. I say the world's already f#cked -- I'm just adding to it.
gflower1
Swill Maker

Post by gflower1 »

Is this going on an LM or VM?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
iwine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by iwine »

I apologize I should have posted all of this on same thread. this is link to other thread. :crazy:
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 87&t=61374