Where do you get your corrugated stainless tubing?

Anything cooling/condenser related.

Moderator: Site Moderator

oakback
Novice

Where do you get your corrugated stainless tubing?

Post by oakback »

I'm trying to finish my 3" build, a CCVM similar to dad300's setup I saw somewhere on this site. I thought the CCST condenser would be the easy part of the build, but I can't get it anywhere.

Lowe's and Home Depot only have 18" or shorter, or it's long but coated with yellow stuff that's painted on, very difficult to remove. I tried an appliance parts store. I tried a gas fireplace store. I tried a few plumbing supply places, and a hot tub place. I called all the stores that other stores recommended. Nobody carries anything longer than 18".

I checked Amazon, but they all say ships in 1-2 MONTHS. I can't find it on Grainger's site (uncoated, 48" or longer, 1/2" or 3/8"). I ordered some from Home Depot's website, but it's been sitting in "preparing to ship" status for days. I've seen several builds that use CSST. Where can I get this? I'd rather not shell out for copper tubing and deal with making a coil.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Re: Where do you get your corrugated stainless tubing?

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Ha. I'm about 4 days ahead of you. I'll save you some headache

Houzz.com :thumbup:

http://www.houzz.com/photos/64180302/72 ... r-hardware" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

$4 shipping, and it was on my door stop in less than 48 hours. Truly awesome experience.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
oakback
Novice

Re: Where do you get your corrugated stainless tubing?

Post by oakback »

Thanks!