A Divine Shotgun from The Goddess

Anything cooling/condenser related.

Moderator: Site Moderator

ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

A Divine Shotgun from The Goddess

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

A couple of weeks ago I posted that I was looking for someone's old shotgun, as I had finally tried to plug up some pinholes that were in mine and was just getting no where but bigger holes. I had two great offers by great members to help (thanks Stiller Boy! ), but the first one to message me was the lovely Corene! How could I pass up that opportunity?!

Corene had some extra pipe laying around, and agreed to build me one to the specs I wanted. How awesome. So with in a week it was at my door, as she even had it 2 day shipped from one coast to the other. Real class act she was. I really can't thank her enough for her kindness and wow what quality work! I still have to do it justice and polish it up, but wanted to share with everyone how lucky and grateful I am.
img20170318_112916.jpg
img20170318_112939.jpg
It's got copper pipes, which is great as it has better thermo transfer features. It's silver brazed on the inside... at the plates, and then tig welded to the shell and around the ends.
img20170318_113006.jpg
img20170318_113143.jpg
img20170318_113202.jpg
img20170318_113217.jpg
Last edited by ShineonCrazyDiamond on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Re: A Divine Shotgun from The Goddess

And of course, the full set up
img20170318_114801.jpg
How that table goes on :thumbup:
img20170318_113050.jpg
Thanks again Corene! It really brought the rest of my new set up together! Vinegar run done this week, sac run tomorrow. :clap:
Last edited by ShineonCrazyDiamond on Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
corene1
HD Distilling Goddess

Post by corene1 »

Glad it is working out for you. How do you like being able to turn the outlet what ever direction you want? I always wanted to try and build a shotgun condenser but this is my first, I have some ideas that will make the next one a little easier to make. Is it efficient? I made full sized baffles with water passage holes for the inside instead of 1/2 baffles trying tho control water flow a little easier. I really am excited to see how it works for you.
yakattack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by yakattack »

Nice work as always corene1.

Should serve you well scd.
HDNB wrote: The trick here is to learn what leads to a stalled mash....and quit doing that.
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Wow. Just wow.
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

Nice work Corene..
corene1 wrote: I have some ideas that will make the next one a little easier to make. Is it efficient? I made full sized baffles with water passage holes for the inside instead of 1/2 baffles trying tho control water flow a little easier.
The condenser I build for my 3" flute is 5 - 3/8" tubes by 1 1/2" x 14", with 2 baffles with 4 1/8" hole between the tubes and at each baffle plate at each tube I made a small v spaced in quarters with 16 gauge wire wrapped around each tube at the top and bottom space.. the condensing ability is just super at full power it only requires 1L of water flow and anything less the water flow is cut back to 1/2L and some.. so the one constructed for SCD should work very well..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

I got to do my stripping runs this weekend on my C.R.O.W. recipe. This thing worked like a dream. Not only did the distillate come out cold, ice cold, but the drizzle was steaming. Also, because she used full baffles, you can feel each segmented section and the cut off point. This is going to last me a really long time, and suit me for any application that I need. Thanks Corene!
Oldvine Zin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Oldvine Zin »

Nice :thumbup: :thumbup:

OVZ
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Left me speechless . OUTSTANDING ! :thumbup:
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .