Simple product cooler

Anything cooling/condenser related.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Jack C
Site Donor
Site Donor

Simple product cooler

Post by Jack C »

Just sharing a couple pics of a product cooler I built for a LM head. As the LM has all ready condensed the vapor I am just trying to cool it down so it’s easier to take proof readings while running. It’s a 3/8 ACR tube with a slow twist inside a 1 inch shell. I hope that it when ran vertical will not smear to bad. The inner tube is only a few inches longer inside the shell and the slow twist should encourage contact with the side walls. Nothing fancy just thought I would share.
Cooler
Cooler
Top end
Top end
Saltbush Bill
Site Mod

Re: Simple product cooler

Post by Saltbush Bill »

That should do the job.
Jack C
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Jack C »

Thanks SB. When I do get to test it I will post how it goes.
StillerBoy
Master of Distillation

Post by StillerBoy »

The liebig / PC on the LM unit I use is 3/8" inner tube with 1/2" outer tube by 8" water cooling area on an overall length of 9" run at a 40 degree angle and attached within a 1.5" of the outlet.. product is cold running at the refluxing rate of 95%, as it is feed first then routed to the RC..

So your being an 1" outer by about 10" or so cooling area, since the inlet and outlet are located far from the ends, should cool the liquid down quite well..

Only concern is the weight of unit when full of water on the outlet tube.. hopefully it is attached close to the outlet..

Mars
" I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, Obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my knowledge and understanding "

– Albert Einstein
Jack C
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Jack C »

Mars. It will attaché right on the bottom of the needle valve. The out put pipe from the LM is horizontal and is stainless steel so should hold the weight. If there is any doubt I will make a bracket to attach to the column for support. Thanks for the input.
googe
retired

Post by googe »

Nice jack, i did similar on one of my lm, they work good.
13835428544632.jpg
13839784910650.jpg
Here's to alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.
"Homer J Simpson"
Jack C
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Jack C »

Googe yours is much sexier. 👍