Chinese stills on Ebay??

In our view 30 gallons and under is considered hobby size. Do not bring anything larger than this to our site.

Moderator: Site Moderator

wushurichard
Novice

Chinese stills on Ebay??

Post by wushurichard »

Hi all,

Does anuone have experience/opinions on these Chinese stills popping up on ebay at the moment?

I am considering the pot still variant as it is just within my price for a 5 gal seems reasonable to have it all made up for me

Thanks
sweeps
Swill Maker

Re: Chinese stills on Ebay??

Post by sweeps »

I have no experience with those stills, but I have to ask are you the same wushu Richard who did those great kitchen kung fu videos on YouTube?
aj2456
Swill Maker

Post by aj2456 »

I personally wouldnt trust something that has the potential to catch fire from a shop from china- the one in the piccy might look fine but theres no certainty thats what u will be sent- without knowing the seller- might just be good money down the drain

bottom line it would be a gamble methinks
Q: What do you call a scotsman thats given up drinking?

A: Dead
wushurichard
Novice

Post by wushurichard »

sweeps wrote:I have no experience with those stills, but I have to ask are you the same wushu Richard who did those great kitchen kung fu videos on YouTube?
This is a home brew forum. it is for home brew discussion. If you would like to discuss martial arts please go elsewhere or go through the correct channels

serious responses only please
wushurichard
Novice

Post by wushurichard »

aj2456 wrote:I personally wouldnt trust something that has the potential to catch fire from a shop from china- the one in the piccy might look fine but theres no certainty thats what u will be sent- without knowing the seller- might just be good money down the drain

ok well thank you, they look good to me. correct i do not know the seller personally, but do you know who sold you your pressure cooker or whatever it is you make moonshine in?

it seems that you have given no technical input but only slandered the seller.

is 6 litres enough for a good batch in a pressure cooker ?
FreeMountainHermit
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FreeMountainHermit »

wushurichard wrote:is 6 litres enough for a good batch in a pressure cooker ?
No.

FMH
Blah, blah, blah,........
jarheadshiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jarheadshiner »

wushurichard wrote:
aj2456 wrote:I personally wouldnt trust something that has the potential to catch fire from a shop from china- the one in the piccy might look fine but theres no certainty thats what u will be sent- without knowing the seller- might just be good money down the drain

ok well thank you, they look good to me. correct i do not know the seller personally, but do you know who sold you your pressure cooker or whatever it is you make moonshine in?

If you've already made your mind up then why are you asking us?
Lead, follow, or get the **** out of the way!
Ghost
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Ghost »

wushurichard wrote:

is 6 litres enough for a good batch in a pressure cooker ?

What is your deal? You asked for opinions and now you have them. Are you honestly asking opinions or are you spamming the place with your own product?
Forbidden in Heaven and Useless in Hell ....
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

Don't go down that road.

Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
sweeps
Swill Maker

Post by sweeps »

wushurichard wrote:This is a home brew forum. it is for home brew discussion. If you would like to discuss martial arts please go elsewhere or go through the correct channels
Actually, this is a distillers forum for discussion of home distilling.

Anyway, I had no intent of disussing martial arts, I was merely thinking that using the same username for two different forums, one of which concerns an activity that is illegal in many places, might not be advisable.
wushurichard
Novice

Post by wushurichard »

sweeps wrote:
wushurichard wrote:This is a home brew forum. it is for home brew discussion. If you would like to discuss martial arts please go elsewhere or go through the correct channels
Actually, this is a distillers forum for discussion of home distilling.

Anyway, I had no intent of disussing martial arts, I was merely thinking that using the same username for two different forums, one of which concerns an activity that is illegal in many places, might not be advisable.
Martial arts is not an illegal activity actualy! the use of excessive force is obviously dangerous.

you didnt acknowlege my question, how much distilant is from a 6l pressure cooker
wushurichard
Novice

Post by wushurichard »

Odin wrote:Don't go down that road.

Odin.

Chinese ebay still road?
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Find the answers for yourself they are all here. You don't want help acting like that.
GA Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

For the record, we don't encourage the use of pressure cookers either... Just like with those Chinese units, most pressure cookers use synthetic seals which could break down and leech harmful components into distilled spirits... Food safe does not equal alcohol safe... And the majority of pressure cookers are made from aluminum which is yet another material we don't encourage the use of here... This has been well documented in these forums...

I'd pass on those units...
Ghost
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Ghost »

And for the record ..... I like the kitchen kung fu - I am going to try it tonight making some spaghetti
wushurichard
Novice

Post by wushurichard »

rad14701 wrote:For the record, we don't encourage the use of pressure cookers either... Just like with those Chinese units, most pressure cookers use synthetic seals which could break down and leech harmful components into distilled spirits... Food safe does not equal alcohol safe... And the majority of pressure cookers are made from aluminum which is yet another material we don't encourage the use of here... This has been well documented in these forums...

I'd pass on those units...
what do you suggest for a first still? thank you for the kind response
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

wushurichard wrote:
sweeps wrote:I have no experience with those stills, but I have to ask are you the same wushu Richard who did those great kitchen kung fu videos on YouTube?
This is a home brew forum. it is for home brew discussion. If you would like to discuss martial arts please go elsewhere or go through the correct channels

serious responses only please

LOL. Looks like kitchen kung fu is in the house.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

With so little control of your temper, I hate to think about what it might be like when coupled with martial arts.

Good luck selling your stills,
S-C
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
wushurichard
Novice

Post by wushurichard »

S-Cackalacky wrote:With so little control of your temper, I hate to think about what it might be like when coupled with martial arts.

S-C

this is not a martial arts forum

its is not my stills
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

... and let's keep it that way!

Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

[quote="S-Cackalacky"]
Modified. "With so little control of your temper, I hate to think about what it might be like when coupled with Alcohol!"

Ancient Chinese philosopher say "stick to experience and that which you are knowledgeable. To learn from those around you you must first be your own best friend, your own teacher, and communicator to yourself. Be all these to yourself to better enable gaining from the world."
Perhaps you should look inside yourself before reacting hastily and answering without thinking to save unwanted grief to yourself Wushu.
A 30 quart stainless steel pot with a simple pot still, easy to build at home, is a great starter still. Designs are on here. Use the HD Google and add pot still plans at the end of the string.
Enjoy the forum.
GA Flatwoods
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

wushurichard wrote:
S-Cackalacky wrote:With so little control of your temper, I hate to think about what it might be like when coupled with martial arts.

S-C

this is not a martial arts forum

its is not my stills
You ARE angry - right? And, you ARE a martial artist (God I hate using those two terms together.) - right? Excuse me if I'm wrong about either of those things - just making an observation.

Sorry, I thought they were your stills because you seemed so offended when folks criticized them - my mistake.

S-C
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

Troll!
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

One word defines it all. Thanks for sharing, Mr. P! Sorry to see all of the good guys trying to help out. Makes me wonder ... trolling is as much about good people trying to help out as it is about bad people ... trying to troll?

Odin.
Ghost
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Ghost »

OK OK OK I apologize for poking a little fun at the kung fu thing! Nah not really! Cant be all serious and stuff all the time!
Rod
Swill Maker

Post by Rod »

Looked at the site

was not sure if the stills had internal electrical elements
The Friendly Spirit
musicman
Novice

Post by musicman »

You guys make me laugh what the hell is a troll
rad14701
retired

Post by rad14701 »

musicman wrote:You guys make me laugh what the hell is a troll
A troll would be someone who instigates trouble in forums for no reason other than their own personal pleasure at the annoyance of everyone else...
gravy
Novice

Post by gravy »

Hi,

I've own one of those stills. I use it for distilling gin botanicals that have been soaking in clean alcohol and Its ideal for this purpose.

No internal element - it goes on the stove.

Bear in mind that its a simple still - and lots of flavours come across with the alcohol. You could use it for distilling a fermented wash but the results are going to be pretty damn ordinary - premium prison grade.
wushurichard
Novice

Post by wushurichard »

gravy wrote:Hi,

I've own one of those stills. I use it for distilling gin botanicals that have been soaking in clean alcohol and Its ideal for this purpose.

No internal element - it goes on the stove.

Bear in mind that its a simple still - and lots of flavours come across with the alcohol. You could use it for distilling a fermented wash but the results are going to be pretty damn ordinary - premium prison grade.

is it better than a stock pot still or would you advise going for that?