using wood to run your still

In our view 30 gallons and under is considered hobby size. Do not bring anything larger than this to our site.

Moderator: Site Moderator

city shiner
Bootlegger

Re: using wood to run your still

Post by city shiner »

Very cool goose eye. I really like learning about the old ways and traditions. Thank you.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Heard grand pa talk about gravity pumps to source water away from hollors with streams. He liked to dig back into a bank with lot laurel for cover.Bury his mash boxes into ground in winter .Burned seasoned locus for boiler as it didnt smoke and coaled well so he burned it when possible.Revenuer I remember most talked about was a Felts.Seemed he tried to catch several in my family for long time .Having some luck a few times .Grand pa never bore him no hard feeling about it though.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Tater wrote:Heard grand pa talk about gravity pumps to source water away from hollors with streams. He liked to dig back into a bank with lot laurel for cover.Bury his mash boxes into ground in winter .Burned seasoned locus for boiler as it didnt smoke and coaled well so he burned it when possible.Revenuer I remember most talked about was a Felts.Seemed he tried to catch several in my family for long time .Having some luck a few times .Grand pa never bore him no hard feeling about it though.
Them Baldwin/Felts baxards was a bane to my family's existance , too .
Wasn't nothing too low for them to pull .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .