Winter maintenance..

In our view 30 gallons and under is considered hobby size. Do not bring anything larger than this to our site.

Moderator: Site Moderator

NeillNI
Novice

Winter maintenance..

Post by NeillNI »

Well, I say 'maintenance', but what I actually mean is a get together 'workshop' kind of idea. Obviously I live in Northern Ireland, and so will be limited to the UK/Ireland/Wester Europe, but it would be a laugh to meet up somewhere for a weekend (could even bring the other half), whilst the rest of us get down to the making/repairing/showing off inventions stuff. I might even get to learn how to solder properly!
Just a thought.. who has a workshop? :ebiggrin:
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Winter maintenance..

Post by Still Life »

That's a dream of mine, too, a learning get-together. This can be a lonely hobby. That's why I'm on HD so much.
It's a dynamic forum with something new all the time but nothing beats up close, hands-on learning, and comradery.
Sorry I can't help, being in faraway Missouri.

Now, soldering. It's easier than you think. Secret: LOTS OF FLUX.
Clean the joint, flux the hell out of it, apply plenty of heat, and the solder will flow itself.

But like you say, a workshop presentation & personal application overplays my blathering over how simple it is.
NeillNI
Novice

Post by NeillNI »

I think the biggest problem is security.. something I agree with. No one wants to be a 'feel good' well publicised statistic for some eijit Sheriff's office (or HMRC in my case).
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Take heart . I see more instances of a few folks joining up and jumpstarting the collective learning curve as a group . There are trust issues involved and caution is advised .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Swedish Pride
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Swedish Pride »

south of the border here.
as much as I'd love a meet up ( and show you how to make solderblobs) my problem is go get leave from the house, 3 small ones so I barely get to leave for work never mind any extra curricular activities.

this is partly why I took up this hobby, something i can do after the kids have gone to bed without leaving the house.
Don't be a dick