This looks a bit dangerous

Post here whats not safe to do or use.

Moderator: Site Moderator

stillvodka
Site Donor
Site Donor

This looks a bit dangerous

Post by stillvodka »

Seen this on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMP-hbXIi5M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

This person is bunging up his column , I just don't like the look of this, looks like he is stuffing that little bag nice and tight in there

about 5 minuets into the video
der wo
Master of Distillation

Re: This looks a bit dangerous

Post by der wo »

I don't think, it's dangerous. It's the part above the reflux section. so no flooding is possible. And I don't think those botanicals will plug it and cause overpressure.
Of course I don't lik the general design and a few details of his still, but that's off topic.
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg
Kareltje
Distiller

Post by Kareltje »

I would try and find another way of putting the botanicals in a the head, with less pressure, indeed. But he is using whole botanicals, so I don't really think they will block the path.
There is no flame involved, so hardly any risk of fire.
But I think it is not smart to put the fire extinguisher behind the possible fire.
der wo
Master of Distillation

Post by der wo »

Kareltje wrote:But I think it is not smart to put the fire extinguisher behind the possible fire.
:lol: Like the replacement key in the car...
In this way, imperialism brings catastrophe as a mode of existence back from the periphery of capitalist development to its point of departure. - Rosa Luxemburg