Just use your Brains! Examples of ???

Post here whats not safe to do or use.

Moderator: Site Moderator

1960FL
Novice

Just use your Brains! Examples of ???

Post by 1960FL »

So surfing the devils social media over the weekend and i found this add in Market place, messaged the chap and said you might not want to be putting this for sale here especially in the Peoples Republic of Maryland. He told me it was legal to distill for your own consumption :-0, I laughed and told him better do some homework and best of luck and left it at that.

Rick
dumbass.jpg
Durhommer
Distiller

Re: Just use your Brains! Examples of ???

Post by Durhommer »

not the smartest thing ive ever seen done but will admit its got potential(as a nice rig)
You have two ears and one mouth for a reason....
Tummydoc
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Tummydoc »

It is legal to distill..........water!!
pope
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pope »

Oh man. Didn’t someone get busted for selling a still a while back? I’m sure many have been busted over the years as a result of being stupid. You can distill essential oils legally to my knowledge.
"A little learning is a dang'rous thing; Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, And drinking largely sobers us again." - Alexander Pope
jog666
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by jog666 »

pope wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:39 pm Oh man. Didn’t someone get busted for selling a still a while back? I’m sure many have been busted over the years as a result of being stupid. You can distill essential oils legally to my knowledge.
Depends on where you are. My state laws just suck period. The way they are written, just having a distillation device will get you pinched. Doesnt matter if you have it solely to make essential oil, water or even for looks, a still is a still. I didnt bother looking into other states since I dont see my ass moving again.

Yet people still think you can make spirits for personal use. The last time someone rattled on about it, he said you were allowed 3 gallons per household. Couldnt make anymore until that 3 gallons was gone, but making 3 gallons was legal. After 30 seconds of him rambling, I just let him stay on his soap box. I didnt have time to slap him with the truth.
Yonder
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Yonder »

jog666 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:45 pm
pope wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:39 pm Oh man. Didn’t someone get busted for selling a still a while back? I’m sure many have been busted over the years as a result of being stupid. You can distill essential oils legally to my knowledge.
Depends on where you are. My state laws just suck period. The way they are written, just having a distillation device will get you pinched. Doesnt matter if you have it solely to make essential oil, water or even for looks, a still is a still. I didnt bother looking into other states since I dont see my ass moving again.

Yet people still think you can make spirits for personal use. The last time someone rattled on about it, he said you were allowed 3 gallons per household. Couldnt make anymore until that 3 gallons was gone, but making 3 gallons was legal. After 30 seconds of him rambling, I just let him stay on his soap box. I didnt have time to slap him with the truth.
Same here. Anything that can be used to distill alcohol is illegal. Thats the law. The reality is my local HBS has 2 complete stills on the shelf for sale. I was going to say the last liquor bust was in 2014, but some dipshit set up next to school in mid year and got busted for his troubles.
Damn folks, this is the information age. Look up the law yourself or have a friend read it to you. Don’t tell! Don’t sell! Ben Franklin said it right,”three people can keep a secret...if two of them are dead.”
Double, Double, toil and trouble. Fire Burn and pot still bubble.