Ozark Mountains moonshine

The long and storied history of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

goose eye
Master of Distillation

Re: Ozark Mountains moonshine

Post by goose eye »

them jugs was used cause of clay at your feet
aint no cost an aint nothin to turnin a jug an firein it
if you was buyin they was 15 cent

so im tole
heartcut
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by heartcut »

Good, interesting read. Thanks.
heartcut

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W. H. Auden
Rivver
Swill Maker

Post by Rivver »

Good read indeed. I'm just north of the true Ozark hills, but we've got some good hills and hollers around here to. Been huntin 'em all my life. It is a shame that there are influenses coming in from all sides on us. The small town I live near is very reluctant to change, good ole German heritage, they settled the town and are dug in deep. Very common to find the same names here now as you will on the original land grants.

I'm a direct decendant of Daniel Boone, who fought a lot of the Osage.
Mycotroph
Novice

Post by Mycotroph »

Rivver wrote:Good read indeed. I'm just north of the true Ozark hills, but we've got some good hills and hollers around here to. Been huntin 'em all my life. It is a shame that there are influenses coming in from all sides on us. The small town I live near is very reluctant to change, good ole German heritage, they settled the town and are dug in deep. Very common to find the same names here now as you will on the original land grants.

I'm a direct decendant of Daniel Boone, who fought a lot of the Osage.
from Missouri and also of German heritage not sure if your familiar w/ it but Missouri was/is known by German immigrants as "the little Rhineland"

loved reading this thread makes me proud we're not a bunch of ignorant inbred hillbillies in the ozarks (though I m sure some are, but there's bad apples in every bunch) for the most part its honest hard working and FRIENDLY folks just tryin to survive and make a better life for posterity regardless of the current legislature I do believe we're makin the fore fathers proud and rebelling against authority I think any way, is the reason we crossed the pond in the first place
Show-Me the liquor !