The About "The Book of Dnderhead" thread

The long and storied history of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

The About "The Book of Dnderhead" thread

Post by HolyBear »

Hey fellas, this is the thread to chatter about "The Book of Dnderhead".

Thank you to the folks that are helping to do the research/ posting in the "Book" thread. And alsoto those helping with the technical issues. (Sorry for the additional trouble)

The main reason for this thread is so that the "Book" will contain dnders words, not ours. This is the place to chatter about it, bounce ideas, whatever...

I have gone back and read most all of dnders posts. Good stuff. Contains lots of wisdom. So, it occurred to me to create a thread of sifted, filtered, and condenced things that he has said over the years. If you have read the Book of Proverbs, Art of War, or Sayings of Confucius, that is what I see the "Book" as being. Not telling a story, more of a listing of wisdom and guidance.

Anyone that wants to read through his posts, copy and paste to the "Book" thread would be a big help. Maybe since there is sooo many, we could work out some kinda system so that were not researching through the same posts???

Also, I think its a good idea to go ahead and copy the title of the original post so that anyone wanting to dig further into what he's saying could easily find it.

Also, I think its a good idea to bold his words so that they stand out. You do this by selecting his words and clicking the B at the top.left of the page.

Any ideas???
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: The About "The Book of Dnderhead" thread

Post by HolyBear »

Oh yea, guess I should have posted a link to the actual "book", http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 3#p7035975
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Mulitpleg
Novice

Post by Mulitpleg »

Best thread in ages. Love it. I'm a big Dnderhead fan.
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

This is going to be another adventure but I think it'll be well worth it.
just-a-sip
Rumrunner

Post by just-a-sip »

my question would be how the man the myth feels or says about the thread??? its killer IMOP but just wondering how how thinks
Just-A-Sip
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

just-a-sip wrote:my question would be how the man the myth feels or says about the thread??? its killer IMOP but just wondering how how thinks
Sip, your the 3rd or 4th person to ask me that. I guess great minds think alike? Well, I talked with him about it before I started, then double checked again. Someone else has also checked with him. Its ok... he humbly said that he didn't know why anybody would want to make a fuss about him but then said if that's what I wanted to do it was fine...

I hope that maybe someday he'll even weigh in on this thread, or the "Book" thread would great!!! He might need to keep us inline about somethin, that would be just fine and dandy with me...
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

just-a-sip wrote:my question would be how the man the myth feels or says about the thread??? its killer IMOP but just wondering how how thinks
Btw what does IMOP mean??? Cain't figure that one out...
just-a-sip
Rumrunner

Post by just-a-sip »

it was supposed to be IMHO in my honest opinion, for some reason my fat fingers and fast typing messed this one up.

i always do this its funny, if you read through my posts you will constantly find many teh (the) and some adn (and) and many other fat fingered mess ups
Just-A-Sip
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Sip, if you'll notice, we can't go back and edit our initial posts on the "Book"thread , (technical issues), to say bold Dnders words or whatever. Guess we'll just have to live with it unless maybe some miracle, like an all powerful OZ were to step in and fix it... I think its a good idea to bolden his words though so they can be easily picked out. Also, its prolly a good idea to catch the title of the post incase someone wants to go back and do further research on it. You got any other ideas???
BokaBakla
Novice

Post by BokaBakla »

There's some good information there.. Learned a couple of things skimming through that thread.

All I can think of is you could link the post using tiny url.. I like to do that sometimes- it makes links look nicer
Famous last words.. They get what they get and they like it too!
ipee7ABV
Rumrunner

Post by ipee7ABV »

they guy has a lifetime of wisdom that i am thankfull he shares.
Dnderhead
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Dnderhead »

If it helps ,,,,go for it,,,most like my post,a few don't.if you one of them that don't then don't read it.
Clearwater
Bootlegger

Post by Clearwater »

Dnderhead wrote:If it helps ,,,,go for it,,,most like my post,a few don't.if you one of them that don't then don't read it.
Request we add that line to the book ^^
Clearwater
Bootlegger

Post by Clearwater »

Who would right the Forward for the Book of Dnderhead?
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Clearwater wrote:
Dnderhead wrote:If it helps ,,,,go for it,,,most like my post,a few don't.if you one of them that don't then don't read it.
Request we add that line to the book ^^
Done... But, that's kinda the point of this, "The About "The Book of Dnderhead" thread"... I need help!!! All I have is my phone to search through his threads and repost in the "Book". Tiny screen, big fat fingers, I mess up all the time and hit the wrong buttons.

Anybody can search through his posts, just click on his profile anywhere you see it, then under his name a little wayz, click search members posts. A listing of all his posts will pop up. Its a cool feature of the site. The problem is, is that there are so many. That's where we come in. To sift through them copy and past to the "Book"...

Like I said, I need HELP!!! I'm only up to about PG 75 of his posts...
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Clearwater wrote:Who would right the Forward for the Book of Dnderhead?
I hope he does...

After thinkin bout it fer a minute er two... maybe he just did???

Re: The About "The Book of Dnderhead" thread by Dnderhead » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:31 pm

If it helps ,,,,go for it,,,most like my post,a few don't.if you one of them that don't then don't read it.

Dnderhead Master Distiller

Posts: 11917 Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:07 pm Location: up north
WIski
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WIski »

Dunder For Newbee.....

For me, when I first started to read these Forums, Dunder’s posts were almost alien. It almost seemed like senseless babble. A new language. But there was some deeper draw to his musings. Entertaining read at the least. Then as I read and researched more and my understanding of the craft started to unfold in my mind the true brilliance of Dunder emerged. His earthy common sense approach and technical knowhow are truly amazing. And very entertaining. Advice to other new guys......Read it all.....it will all come together....Priceless........ :clap:
frozenthunderbolt
Distiller

Post by frozenthunderbolt »

WIski wrote:Dunder For Newbee.....

For me, when I first started to read these Forums, Dunder’s posts were almost alien. It almost seemed like senseless babble. A new language.
Wait till you encounter Gooseye :mrgreen:
Where has all the rum gone? . . .

Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Yes, yes, any help on the "Book"thread is greatly appreciated. I'm up to PG 75 of his posts.
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

frozenthunderbolt wrote:
WIski wrote:Dunder For Newbee.....

For me, when I first started to read these Forums, Dunder’s posts were almost alien. It almost seemed like senseless babble. A new language.
Wait till you encounter Gooseye :mrgreen:
Maybe somebody should make "The Book of Goose Eye"...
Re: 55 gallon Stainless steel still by goose eye » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:38 am

ole boys wife third cousins step pa friend would lay it on the side an put a 13 inch hole in midle add a colar an put a 1 1/2 drain plug. he would make a cradle that you can slide a hp pipe burner in an out. he would make sure that pipe locks in he couldnt nock it lose if he triped on the the gas line an he would make sure the gas tank is secure. that cradel he would make could also be good for wood if need be

so im tole

i aint never made no likker an aint gona in the future

goose eye Distiller

blanikdog
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by blanikdog »

Great idea. I learnt so much from dunder. Howdy dunder. :) Simalarly Goose - once I learnt his language. :)
Simple potstiller. Slow, single run.
(50 litre, propane heated pot still. Coil in bucket condenser - No thermometer, No carbon)
The Reading Lounge AND the Rules We Live By should be compulsory reading

Cumudgeon and loving it.
Prairiepiss
retired

Post by Prairiepiss »

I just want a pic of blanikdog stomping on a thermometer. :lol:
It'snotsocoldnow.

Advice For newbies by a newbie.
CM Still Mods
My Stuffs
Fu Man

Mr. Piss
That's Princess Piss to the haters.
HolyBear
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by HolyBear »

Prairiepiss wrote:I just want a pic of blanikdog stomping on a thermometer. :lol:
Yep, I ment to send him a new one for his birthday
:wink: guess I'll have to catch him next year...

If anyone's interested in helping with "The Book", I'm up to PG 120...
MisplacedTime
Novice

Post by MisplacedTime »

If your are going to be bluntly honest, be consistent. I don't know about you guys/gals, but I prefer a mentor/teacher with those qualities and Dnderhead has both in spades. PS it's a nice tribute.