Old Corn Grinder

The long and storied history of distilled spirits.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Old Corn Grinder

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

I found this old grinder today.
I belongs to my Second Cousin who bought it at an Auction a few years ago. It had been cleaned up and repainted, but the grinders inside look very good condition. It is designed to be driven by a belt hooked to a tractor or other engine and all it needs to grind corn is the hook up. You could easily adapt it to an electric motor also.
It says Kelly Duplex Mill #1 Springfield, Ohio. in the casting on the mill.
Couple old one cyl engines in the background.
DSCN7326.JPG
DSCN7325.JPG
RSCN7329.JPG
Bushman
Admin

Re: Old Corn Grinder

Post by Bushman »

I love this stuff! Do you get to keep it or use it if you get it operational?
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Bushman wrote:I love this stuff! Do you get to keep it or use it if you get it operational?
It is operational now. He can hook up one of those old engines to it and go grinding. Cousin iS a odd feller, he collects all this old stuff and plays with it....no wife, so he can do anydamthing he wants to. He knows about our hobby and wants to grind some corn when he has time. Lives here half the time, and up by Truckinbutch the other half.
Thinking we may give it a go in a few days.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Appalachia-Shiner wrote:
Bushman wrote:I love this stuff! Do you get to keep it or use it if you get it operational?
It is operational now. He can hook up one of those old engines to it and go grinding. Cousin iS a odd feller, he collects all this old stuff and plays with it....no wife, so he can do anydamthing he wants to. He knows about our hobby and wants to grind some corn when he has time. Lives here half the time, and up by Truckinbutch the other half.
Lucky bastard, my neighbor is a retired mechanic has a great shop and does what he wants being a single guy. Sounds like if you and Truckinbutch play your cards right you might have a win win situation.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Appalachia-Shiner wrote:
If that fucker is a roofer he may be my lifelong best friend . If not , he needs to hook up with us . We will have a lot in common . PM me to discuss details .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .