Got letter from TBB today..

Got letter from TTB? Post all letters here. Include where ya bought your equipment.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Re: Got letter from TBB today..

Postby seamusm53 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:20 pm

This thread jumped from 2015 to last week without any new reports of 'letters'. Have I missed something?

member of HDA
seamusm53
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby MichiganCornhusker » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:50 pm

seamusm53 wrote:This thread jumped from 2015 to last week without any new reports of 'letters'. Have I missed something?

member of HDA

Not a damn thing.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
MichiganCornhusker
Site Mod

Postby thecroweater » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:28 pm

MichiganCornhusker wrote:
seamusm53 wrote:Have I missed something?
member of HDA

Not a damn thing.

Me either :wink:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
thecroweater
Site Mod

Postby Reverend Newer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:35 pm

This problem with online ordering of still equipment mirrors closely something that happened in the early 1990s. For folks wondering what the Feds might do, you can research "Operation Green Merchant". I realize that "operation" was more like shooting fish in a barrel as the internet was in its infancy and there were not many indoor horticulturalists yet at that time... I guess if you believe there is safety in numbers, then that might be the main difference between the two.

Be safe
Reverend Newer
Novice

Postby Still Life » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:48 am

Reverend Newer wrote:This problem with online ordering of still equipment mirrors closely something that happened in the early 1990s. For folks wondering what the Feds might do, you can research "Operation Green Merchant". I realize that "operation" was more like shooting fish in a barrel as the internet was in its infancy and there were not many indoor horticulturalists yet at that time... I guess if you believe there is safety in numbers, then that might be the main difference between the two. Be safe

Hey, Rev. Bought my still from Brewhaus in February 2017.
Not sure if it's the doings of Brewhaus or being a Missouri resident, but I've never received a letter or notice of any kind.
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby zapata » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:52 pm

Just to be clear though, the feds have 3 years to even ask brewhaus for their records. Just cause they aint come yet dont mean they aint never gonna come. But I think the letters were a short lived program that seems to have stopped quite a while back....unless they plan on doing it every few years instead of constantly.
zapata
Swill Maker

Previous

Return to Letters From TTB.