S3/17 Truckorama

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

S3/17 Truckorama

Post by Truckinbutch »

FMH and I have been sharing a thread and it's been leading to confusion . I'm starting a new thread in hopes of cleaning things up a bit .
By acclamation of '16 attendees the dates of September 8 through 11 have been reserved for S3/17 Truckorama .
We will start receiving guests 9/8 and will accommodate guests through 9/11 . The main party will be 9/9-9/10 .
The meal venue will be very similar to last year and we have engaged the same chefs for this year .
Tent and towed or motor home camping will be available on 100 unimproved acres .
Motels , shopping centers , et cetera are within 6 miles of the party site .
Blending sessions have been well received both here and at the Jedfests . There will be no stilling equipment on site during the party . The enzyme mashing of an AG is a viable prospect and some other show and tell events yet to be determined .
We got 5 months to plan this so let's make it a good one .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: S3/17 Truckorama

Post by Hank Reardon »

Truckinbutch wrote:FMH and I have been sharing a thread and it's been leading to confusion . I'm starting a new thread in hopes of cleaning things up a bit .
By acclamation of '16 attendees the dates of September 8 through 11 have been reserved for S3/17 Truckorama .
We will start receiving guests 9/8 and will accommodate guests through 9/11 . The main party will be 9/9-9/10 .
The meal venue will be very similar to last year and we have engaged the same chefs for this year .
Tent and towed or motor home camping will be available on 100 unimproved acres .
Motels , shopping centers , et cetera are within 6 miles of the party site .
Blending sessions have been well received both here and at the Jedfests . There will be no stilling equipment on site during the party . The enzyme mashing of an AG is a viable prospect and some other show and tell events yet to be determined .
We got 5 months to plan this so let's make it a good one .
I'm confirming short of some sort of life change as serious as a death in the family.
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

I'm doing everything in my power to make this trip. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines and watching! 8)
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

You know I'll be there bud, I can't wait.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

Count me in Butch, and I feel confident rager will come with me if he is free.
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

RandyMarshCT wrote:Count me in Butch, and I feel confident rager will come with me if he is free.
I had a feeling that I could count on you guys :thumbup:
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
ShineRunner
Swill Maker

Post by ShineRunner »

I'd really like to make a meetup like this, but I think you're out east? Can't make it out there this year.

Wish woodshed was still here- he was in my neck of the woods.

Enjoy!

SR
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

ShineRunner wrote:I'd really like to make a meetup like this, but I think you're out east? Can't make it out there this year.

Wish woodshed was still here- he was in my neck of the woods.

Enjoy!

SR
Yep . WV . We posted last year during the party to include those who couldn't make it . Probably will this year , too .
varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by varocketry »

TIB:

I'm looking forward to seeing all again.

Varocketry
-Just need something else to build. -
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

varocketry wrote:TIB:

I'm looking forward to seeing all again.

Varocketry
You played a crucial role with the shirts last year and were such an asset . Could we prevail upon you to help with the shirts again this year ?
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Wish I could be there again was such a great time meeting you all, maybe if someone there knows how to skype perhaps I can say a quick G'day to y'all :thumbup:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

thecroweater wrote:Wish I could be there again was such a great time meeting you all, maybe if someone there knows how to skype perhaps I can say a quick G'day to y'all :thumbup:
We will certainly try to make that happen . I think it can be done . Can't get over SOH telling me that we could have a second party here . I am so pumped !
Having you and Suzie Dundee as guests was the highlight of several years in our lives . Right up there with meeting Willie Nelson at Carl's Corners and turning down the opportunity to lose $250 to him and Carl Cornelius at a Wednesday night poker game .
hellbilly007
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hellbilly007 »

I'm gonna try my damnest to make it out there. I'm tired of these golden opportunities getting away from me. Thank you for this opportunity, TB.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

hellbilly007 wrote:I'm gonna try my damnest to make it out there. I'm tired of these golden opportunities getting away from me. Thank you for this opportunity, TB.
Hope to see you here .
If that doesn't happen . Stay on line . We will be sharing what is going on right here .
Still Life
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Still Life »

Truckinbutch wrote: ...Stay on line . We will be sharing what is going on right here .
Please do, 'Butch. I'd kick a crippled bunny to meet some of you guys.
But stuck in the Midwest, I will have to visit vicariously.
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Aye. Here and accounted for. I'll be there for sure, as well as panikry. :thumbup:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

:thumbup: Still have every intention on making the trip. Things are going well, and I don't see any road bumps yet. (Fingers crossed)
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I see the potential for a better party than last year . Second time attendees will be more comfortable with the environment and will help settle in the newcomers . I hope we can equal or surpass last year's venue .
Capt StrongStout
Novice

Post by Capt StrongStout »

Is this open to those of us new to distillin' This sounds like an opportunity to learn from the pro's and take lots of notes.
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

I wish I was already there but you can count me in I've got a nice selection to bring this year
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Capt StrongStout wrote:Is this open to those of us new to distillin' This sounds like an opportunity to learn from the pro's and take lots of notes.
Interesting question . I attended one at Jed's and hosted one at my home . Getting ready to host another .
I do not have personal knowledge of anyone being asked not to attend any event . I invited Tater and Rad to last year's gathering here .
You have made 2 posts . I would suggest that you stay active in the coming months sharing your build progress and how your learning curve has been enhanced . Let peer opinion help determine whether you wish to travel that far for a short weekend .
"Hi :wave: I want to come to your party " Is a leettle bit presumptuous this early in your adventure .
Capt StrongStout
Novice

Thanks for the words of advice. To be honest I'm more of a listen and learn than post and boast. To give ya an idea I've been lurkin for about a year before finally getting a still and even that has a story with it.

I'll keep reading and post if I can provide input. But for now the first run of brandy is aging in a bottle with an oak spiral and the reasearch has started for potato vodka and molasses based rum....or if your the Feds. I'm researching alternative fuels :D
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Capt StrongStout wrote:Thanks for the words of advice. To be honest I'm more of a listen and learn than post and boast. To give ya an idea I've been lurkin for about a year before finally getting a still and even that has a story with it.

I'll keep reading and post if I can provide input. But for now the first run of brandy is aging in a bottle with an oak spiral and the reasearch has started for potato vodka and molasses based rum....or if your the Feds. I'm researching alternative fuels :D
You are not gaining any traction here , son .
Capt StrongStout
Novice

Sorry if that came off wrong. I'm simply stating I don't have much knowledge therefore I'd rather read and learn. My point is simple. I was interested in a temperature controller, key word is was. Then I began reading thru the new distilled reading lounge and found the topic of boiling temp vs. wash abv %. This lead to another few hours of reading. I just don't feel I have anything worth sharing at the moment and have found my questions have been asked and answered in the forums. I'm just happy that there are folks like you and looks like lots of gents from down under that are willing to share that knowledge.

Again if that post insulted, irritated or rubbed anyone the wrong way....that was far from my goal and I give a sincere apology. I'll humbly sit back and continue to read and learn. Questions will be coming before long, but for now I got a lotta reading and learning to do.
rgreen2002
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by rgreen2002 »

Was really planning to try making this event this year... Due to a recent "invitation" from the US government to spend some quality time in Afghanistan.... I can no longer make those plans :x

Have fun and get some good pics... maybe a "Journal" thread could keep those of us not there in the loop! :mrgreen:
HD Glossary - Open this
A little spoon feeding *For New & Novice Distillers - start here
BEST WAY TO GET ANSWERS FROM HOME DISTILLER
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Still definitely maybe......really want to, just trying to figure logistics. rgreen2002 watch yer topknot over there,there's some people that just don't like us much. Stay safe :thumbup:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
rager
Distiller

Post by rager »

RandyMarshCT wrote:Count me in Butch, and I feel confident rager will come with me if he is free.

count me in, i look forward to an awesome weekend with great people and burning my name into the bench again. see you all there :wave:
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

Just booked the rooms for me and the missus. We comin'!
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Truckinbutch wrote:
Capt StrongStout wrote:Is this open to those of us new to distillin' This sounds like an opportunity to learn from the pro's and take lots of notes.
Interesting question . I attended one at Jed's and hosted one at my home . Getting ready to host another .
I do not have personal knowledge of anyone being asked not to attend any event . I invited Tater and Rad to last year's gathering here .
You have made 2 posts . I would suggest that you stay active in the coming months sharing your build progress and how your learning curve has been enhanced . Let peer opinion help determine whether you wish to travel that far for a short weekend .
"Hi :wave: I want to come to your party " Is a leettle bit presumptuous this early in your adventure .
Capt StromgStout like TB stated hang around and earn the trust of fellow members and chances are the door will open. Having hosted 2 gatherimgs myself I was in a similar position. I now consider all that attended at my home brothers. I would recommend a good read at the bench and ya will see how brotherly we are. Hell most here know more about me than my own family.

And TB I'm gonna do all I can to attend this year
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
panikry83
Swill Maker

Post by panikry83 »

4 months and counting!!! Honestly cannot wait.