S3/17 Truckorama

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Re: S3/17 Truckorama

Post by Truckinbutch »

Truckinbutch wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote:Flatwoods gave me hell this week because he had to read the whole thread to find the party dates .
So , to accommodate the elderly and infirm I will post again :
September 8 to 11 , 2017 .
I'll bump this from time to time over the coming months because he will probably forget .
Bump . ROLL CALL ! Tee shirt info is posted in classifieds for those that want one whether you attend or not .
I've got to clean out my In Box in the next day or two and then this thread is going mostly dark . Comms will be via PM .
Bump . I'm gettin ready to party .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Oh man, didn't you do kumbaya last year, thought ya said ya was gonna learn Soul Sister for this meet or your name isn't ukulele Bob :problem:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Sorry I've been off the radar for a while guys, life has gotten busier than usual. I'll be at the meet for certain. Really looking forward to seeing everybody again.

Also, I'll be bringing some of my uj this time. I've got some in white from my pot still, some aged a year on oak from my pot still, and I'll have some in the white from my flute. I may even have some neutral ready by then if I can figure out the cuts.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Lookin good :thumbup: I start practicing on our new Masterbuilt electric smoker this week to get it and me tuned up for the party .
Party date is going to be here before we know it .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Looks like we're not getting our shirts? My payment was refunded. :evil:
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Guess we can wear last year's .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:Looks like we're not getting our shirts? My payment was refunded. :evil:
I wasn't going to share this on the public forum . Seems that I must .
I didn't read the fine print at the bottom of the ad . Submitted an order 4 days late and they wouldn't accept it . Called their 800# the next morning and got such a "I don't give a shit" attitude on the phone that I will discourage anyone who asks from doing business with them , ever .
We are still lined up to have a good time and nobody can take away our memories .
With only 3 weeks to go I think it is too late to salvage the T Shirt fiasco .
barreldawg
Novice

Post by barreldawg »

Custom Ink.com could fill that order in time. May cost more but can be done.
Wish I could make it out there. Memories would be enough.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

That's a pity but I wouldn't try to rush a new order through as if it wasn't delivered in time for the meet that might turn into a true goat roping.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

thecroweater wrote:That's a pity but I wouldn't try to rush a new order through as if it wasn't delivered in time for the meet that might turn into a true goat roping.
Yep . I agree . Too much ground to cover in too little time .
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

If I can get artwork from VA I can make the shirts happen, but any orders would need to happen fast, by the end of next week. If interested in a shirt and planning to attend TruckinButch's send me a pm, I'll need to move fast with orders.
Not selling anything here, just suggesting a group buy.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I'm up with it if you can make it happen .
If not , SOH and I will just have to try to be better hosts to balance it out .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Next item of business is menu planning . Last year chicken took a sorry last place for what was consumed . No chicken beyond eggs planned for this year's menu .
We plan to start smoking brats and kielbasa Friday for those arriving early as well as traditional sides .
Breakfast and finger food will be served on Saturday with an evening meal of sirloin tip and ribs with sides . There will be breakfast for those who survive to Sunday and leftover snacks available all day . We don't want to waste food so ya got to eat all ya can .
Activities :
Cooking and mashing a COB mix .
Cutting and blending a COB spirit run mix .(Other runs are welcome . It doesn't take that long for each batch .)
Farm tours (about 4 people at a time as that's what the SxS will hold)
Bass fishing in local ponds for those so inclined .
Friday and Saturday evening camp fires to contemplate our blessings and revel in our companionship .
Burnin your name into "The Liar's Bench' is mandatory .
If you attended last year you get a pass to just burn 16/17 under your name . ( :lol: Last year some folks lamented the number of characters in their screen name when they were trying to burn it into the oak seat of 'The Liar's Bench' .)
There is also the potential for a 'Liar's Competition ' on Saturday evening to give one gifted member the right to burn his/her name into the bench as the Champion Liar of 2017 .
Professionals like me and GA Flatwoods are excluded from this competition .
Catch up with me here : what did I miss , or who did I neglect ?
WE GETTIN READY TO PARTY!
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

TB,

In the other thread, I mentioned cooking a seafood gumbo for everybody on Saturday. Can you add that to the menu as well?

Also, is FreeMountainHermit coming to the party? I may have something for him too.
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

"Professionals like me and GA Flatwoods are excluded from this competition."

Well, I dont know whether that was a compliment or reason to be upset. Conundrum!
Flatwoods :shock:
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote:TB,

In the other thread, I mentioned cooking a seafood gumbo for everybody on Saturday. Can you add that to the menu as well?

Also, is FreeMountainHermit coming to the party? I may have something for him too.
Of course we can add that to the menu . How big a pot do you need ?
Haven't had contact with FMH since spring . He kind of ghosted on us .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

ga flatwoods wrote:"Professionals like me and GA Flatwoods are excluded from this competition."

Well, I dont know whether that was a compliment or reason to be upset. Conundrum!
Flatwoods :shock:
It was a compliment , my friend . We got to give these other fellers a fair chance . They just learnin the art .
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

Truckinbutch wrote: Of course we can add that to the menu . How big a pot do you need ?
I'll have everything I need. Just wanted to put that on the menu.
dukethebeagle120
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by dukethebeagle120 »

can i go
weres it at :clap:
its better to think like a fool but keep your mouth shut,then to open ur mouth and have it confirmed
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote:
Truckinbutch wrote: Of course we can add that to the menu . How big a pot do you need ?
I'll have everything I need. Just wanted to put that on the menu.
Consider it done . We got 3 gallon to 15 gallon stainless pots and a spare Bayou Classic 60K btu burner If you want to use ours . The 30 gallon pot is already spoken for on Saturday .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

dukethebeagle120 wrote:can i go
weres it at :clap:
Northern WV . Fair trip for ya but we got folks traveling further . Your call .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Google Heston Farm . SOH and I went there yesterday evening . About 30 minutes from my place . I'll see if we can get a quick tour on Saturday or Sunday if there's interest .
Couple hours midday between AG mashing and Cuts/Blending class would probably cover it . Distillery and winery .
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BayouShine »

The gang is dressed and ready for the party.
The Gang.JPG
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

BayouShine wrote:The gang is dressed and ready for the party.
The Gang.JPG
That and cookin too . You be outdoing yourself . We might just not let you leave here . Or just simply have to follow you home .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

The loss of my Father will not alter S3/17 except that he will not be sittin at a chair at the table .
He asked me a week or so back if that couple that 'talked funny'(Crowe and Susie) and 'That Feller that wore the dress (BigBob) would be coming this year .
My apology , Bob . I didn't have the nerve to tell my Dad how to determine whether you were wearing a kilt or a dress .
Folks around here are still talking about those of you that visited last year in a positive way . You made lasting friends .
Revisit this years venue .
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Just got off the phone with Bigbob . There's a chance that we might be able to arrange a SKYPE connection for those that can't be here . More on that after I bury my Father on Saturday .
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

Gonna hafta include me in the skype call. Work says i aint gonna be able to make it. Had to move openin shop up to that weekend. Gonna be rollin 8 beef into the cooler on friday n Saturday 8th n 9th. Bums me out but gotta make hay when sun is shinin.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

jedneck wrote:Gonna hafta include me in the skype call. Work says i aint gonna be able to make it. Had to move openin shop up to that weekend. Gonna be rollin 8 beef into the cooler on friday n Saturday 8th n 9th. Bums me out but gotta make hay when sun is shinin.
I understand . You sure are going to be missed .
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

So I just downloaded Skype for my iPad. We can have up to 25 people on a chat! I assume that everybody will need the app to participate ( don't worry it's free!). This will be great! I was feeling bad about not being there. Now I can!!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Bigbob wrote:So I just downloaded Skype for my iPad. We can have up to 25 people on a chat! I assume that everybody will need the app to participate ( don't worry it's free!). This will be great! I was feeling bad about not being there. Now I can!!
Now I'm fucked :oops: I'm going to have to figure out this SKYPE shit . Oh well , I learned how to distill . This can't be that hard .