S3/17 Truckorama

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call

Re: S3/17 Truckorama

Postby thecroweater » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:04 pm

too dry! Thought y'all put coon grease in there with it to keep it moist. Pretty sure SOCD showed us canned cream possum braised in coon grease, cough cough scuse me reckon I got somthin stuck in my throat.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
thecroweater
Site Mod

Postby The Baker » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:47 am

Me dad got a road kill SHEEP once.
Cooked up fine.

Geoff
The Baker
The Baker
Distiller

Postby DSM Loki » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 am

Truckinbutch wrote:I got an idear . Forgive me , for I been about 4 fingers deep into that white dog AG MCH was doing so much bragging about . Anyhow , (I learned that segue from my friend Arkansas Tom ) with all our talents ; if we agreed to take over ALL kitchen bitch and house cleaning chores and make her QUEEN FOR A WEEKEND , she might allow all us to gather here again . That would include cooking our own breakfast and providing finger food snacks during the day .
It's worth considering if y'all like it so well here .
I'm volunteering to provide meat and grill it if nobody got sick this year .
Any y'all ever et a possum ?
I'd be more than willing to help with that.
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby panikry83 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:42 am

I'm trying to find the right time and place to ask my wife about possibly, maybe hosting next year... I'll keep you all updated as I take that adventure.
panikry83
Swill Maker

Postby Truckinbutch » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:41 pm

panikry83 wrote:I'm trying to find the right time and place to ask my wife about possibly, maybe hosting next year... I'll keep you all updated as I take that adventure.

Please do . I'd do my best to make it there .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Truckinbutch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby BayouShine » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:17 pm

I don't think the kitchen bitch part will be any hassle. 8)
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby ShineonCrazyDiamond » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Not, not at all. Many of us have some awesome contributions to give, but fear of just to much damn food had stopped us.

Seems to me, the solution is everyone bring a dish, snack, etc. Then just or a few out at a time. Potluck shiner dinner is the way to go :thumbup: . I mean, I wasn't going to stop the lovely Jay from feeding us, as she does a damn fine job of it. But the original meeting in Colorado ( except Jedfest) was comprised of shiners cooking.

Could you imagine a table of food equivalent to the table off booze we brought?
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby Truckinbutch » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:02 pm

panikry83 wrote:I'm trying to find the right time and place to ask my wife about possibly, maybe hosting next year... I'll keep you all updated as I take that adventure.

SOH said that if you make it happen she will be glad to help .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Truckinbutch
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby BayouShine » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:45 pm

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:Not, not at all. Many of us have some awesome contributions to give, but fear of just to much damn food had stopped us.

Seems to me, the solution is everyone bring a dish, snack, etc. Then just or a few out at a time. Potluck shiner dinner is the way to go :thumbup: . I mean, I wasn't going to stop the lovely Jay from feeding us, as she does a damn fine job of it. But the original meeting in Colorado ( except Jedfest) was comprised of shiners cooking.

Could you imagine a table of food equivalent to the table off booze we brought?

That sounds like a challenge to me.
BayouShine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby Shine0n » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:10 pm

I'm down, I have some little cooking secrets lying around!

I'll even throw in my famous bean pie for free ( hope no one is diabetic) lol

I really wish I could've made it out there but work happened.

sounds like a helluva time
Shine0n
Distiller

Postby DSM Loki » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:12 pm

I suppose I could do my usual dish to pass. Cubes of pork loin, wrapped with bacon, and a chimichurri sauce to dip in...
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Postby Antler24 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:37 pm

Looks like a good time was had by all. I can only hope to make it to one of these annual shin dig someday, if y'all would have me of course, I understand the security (for lack of better word) about it all as well, it would be quite the trek for me
Antler24
Rumrunner

Previous

Return to Meet & Mingle & Events