A meeting of the minds

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Jimbo
retired

Re: A meeting of the minds

Post by Jimbo »

haha yup, we all here are members of this secret stillers society :thumbup:
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

With all this being planned out there needs to be some major logistics work. First off how many will be attending that will determine everything. Parking and foot tragic to and from areas. The major concern is ports johns strategicly placed around and a sufficient number of them. If people are bringing their families with them it needs to have a kid friendly area. Trash is a big deal so lots of cans need to be placed around with a box of bags attached to the side for ease of use and a couple of large dumpsters away from the events to collect all the trash bags. A medical tent locally placed is a must. Lots of other things needed but this is just a short list of absolutes.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

medical tent? LOL, does it dispense S3 likker by IV for those that arrive late and need to catch up quick?

Maybe this shindig is turning out to be bigger than I imagined. Shed, what's your expectation? Mine is, a chunk of ground to roll my bag out on. And a tree to shit behind and bury dutifully and all is well. Oh and a fire pit to pick some guitar around with friends until the wee hours....
Last edited by Jimbo on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

I have no idea. Looks like about 20 right now but I really do need a count.
If it gets as big as pfshine is thinking I should be charging admission. :shock:
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

Jimbo wrote:medical tent? LOL, does it dispense S3 likker by IV for those that arrive late and need to catch up quick?

Maybe this shindig is turning out to be bigger than I imagined. Shed, what's your expectation? Mine is, a chunk of ground to roll my bag out on. And a tree to shit behind and bury dutifully and all is well. Oh and a fire pit to pick some guitar around with friends until the wee hours....
+1

Me and my wife are coming, the kids will be staying with their grandparents for this one. I might possible bring 1 more person with me if he can get the time off. That's 2 for sure and 1 possible extra.
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

We have 3 bathrooms so we are good there.
Odin
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Odin »

If I can make it, I'd like to reservate a bath room up front!

:)

Woodshed, would it be possible to ship you a few of my "marinades" and they get shared between those that come over?

If I can not be there "in the flesh", at least "in the spirit"!

Regards, Odin.
"Great art is created only through diligent and painstaking effort to perfect and polish oneself." by Buddhist filosofer Daisaku Ikeda.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Absolutely Odin. Sure hope you can make it but if not your marinades will be enjoyed.
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

Odin wrote:If I can make it, I'd like to reservate a bath room up front!

:)

Woodshed, would it be possible to ship you a few of my "marinades" and they get shared between those that come over?

If I can not be there "in the flesh", at least "in the spirit"!

Regards, Odin.
Jeez, how long is your morning constituional? Or do you plan to sleep in the bathtub? :P

I will be bringing the bottle of Genever that BigR sent over for the last get together with Odin. There's half a bottle left, and its damn good. Be nice for y'all to appreciate it. I have some other things from folks here too, but I should ping em first if they ok with me bringing it.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

I'm planning to come with my wife, but I'll stay in a hotel/ motel. And I'm not sure about wife, she's not a drinker and fer shure not too happy with my little hobby :angel: maybe with the med tent you could have a wives tent to bemoan their fate married to heathens like us.
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

From all the talk it sounded like 100+ but if its only like 30 then I will just shut my mouth. I was picturing poor woodshed with 500 turd mounds and a river of piss flowing though his field. As for the med tent we gotta watch out for some of the old farts kicking around.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Ok youngster when I catch ya I'll beat you with my cane! I'll show ya old fart! :moresarcasm:
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

pfshine wrote:From all the talk it sounded like 100+ but if its only like 30 then I will just shut my mouth. I was picturing poor woodshed with 500 turd mounds and a river of piss flowing though his field. As for the med tent we gotta watch out for some of the old farts kicking around.
geez, and i bought the beers in Vegas. no respect. :wink:
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

Not to hard to catch me just offer me a bourbon or a beer I will come right to you, then you can beat me after the drink. Hdnb I offered you a keg still here if you want it next time your out here besides I couldn't run from you if I wanted with that 8' stride you got.
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

'dems my "wader legs"... gets me out in the favourable water when you make it up here for a cold water goose shoot.

sry 'shed, i'll quit yapping on yer thread now.

now i drink for evil.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Oh yeah I forgot, I'm 1" shorter HDNB but I've got a hundred pounds on him.
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

Well coming out there is up in the air for me its family vacation week and my baby girls bday weekend. I might be able to persuad the FAM to go to co. How's the fishing over there any cool water falls or anything.
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

I'm bringing a friend, and I'm not sure if our wives are going to stay or run off and spend money.. Maybe a poll thread to gauge how many are actually going would help? I know a LOT more people read this site than actually log in and participate. I'm not sure if the read only folks would show up in person or not though. I'd feel weird doing that.
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Brutal wrote:. I'm not sure if the read only folks would show up in person or not though. I'd feel weird doing that.
that'd be like a guy coming up and saying, geez, i been down the road, keeping an eye on your place for the last few weeks...thought i'd come by and say hi! :wtf:

i know i'll be looking for a final favorable invite the days leading up to...would not be so presumptuous to show up unannounced.

now i drink for evil.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

The fishing is great. The river runs right through downtown and can be floated for many miles. I can hook you up with a great guide if your interested. No one knows the river better. Echo Lake as well as a couple up the pass are great fisheries.

Multiple waterfalls, one of the tallest visible from the highway and a 3 minute walk to the base. One a mile into Piedra Canyon that only runs during S3. Freefalls into the river off of a cliff in one of the prettiest spots you will ever see. Family friendly as Otter Beach is flat and protected right across from the waterfall 20 feet away. This canyon is top 5 in my favorite places ever. And I have travelled extensively.Then there is Piedra Falls which is the river itself with a big drop a few miles up the road. And Silver up East Fork.
Check out Pagosa Springs online. It is a great place to vacation with the family. :D
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Jimbo, no pooping behind my trees :eh: If you want to poop over in the National Forest across the road feel free.
Flat ground. Yes. Fire pit. Yep. Horseshoes as well for those inclined to a little friendly wagering, uh, gaming :shh:
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

Jimbo wrote:medical tent? LOL, does it dispense S3 likker by IV for those that arrive late and need to catch up quick?

pretty much exactly as I was thinking. somewhere to lay down near a fire. that's all I require.
woodshed wrote:I have no idea. Looks like about 20 right now but I really do need a count.
If it gets as big as pfshine is thinking I should be charging admission. :shock:
if I make it across it will probably be with my recently retired parents(well at least my father) and maybe with 2 close family friends :shifty:
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

woodshed wrote:Jimbo, no pooping behind my trees :eh: If you want to poop over in the National Forest across the road feel free.
Flat ground. Yes. Fire pit. Yep. Horseshoes as well for those inclined to a little friendly wagering, uh, gaming :shh:
haha, ok, just trying to be low maintenance. But a proper hunk of porcelain is always nice, thank you. Anyway, I was envisioning a forest of trees, not the ornamental Bradford Pear that you planted in the corner with cypress mulch and lilies planted under it. If your mulch is suspiciously disturbed, it wasnt me.
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

Jimbo wrote:If your mulch is suspiciously disturbed, it wasnt me.
i think we'd all be a little disturbed :lol:
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

You ALL are a little disturbed anyway!
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

ga flatwoods wrote:You ALL are a little disturbed anyway!
there is no way i can dispute that
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Look who's calling disturbed disturbed. Flatwoods you need to order your t shirt(s). Great way to donate to HD and HDA and get something cool.
ga flatwoods
Master of Distillation

Post by ga flatwoods »

Problem I have with it is S3 is all good and secretive but HD on the sleeve is a dead give away to anyone if you wear it in the public. I recently had a letter sent to my home from a "fellow hobbyist" albeit he got the info to do so from here.
The hardest item to add to a bottle of shine is patience!
I am still kicking.
Ga Flatwoods
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

right I plan to wear mine in public frequently. But walking around in the stores and next to police officers or whoever with homedistiller tattooed on my sleeve is a little concerning, so much for tell no one?
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

No HD on the sleeve simple. Have not heard back from UJ anyway.

Some times I forget the different distilling worlds we live in. We are doing the monkey spindle as well for those who do not want a still on their shirt and who like the design better.