A meeting of the minds

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: A meeting of the minds

Post by RandyMarshCT »

It might be a better idea to not include the site info, unfortunately. I might be the only one here who wouldn't care.

Although, if there were shirts available that had a huge homedistiller.org logo on them, I'd buy one of those as well. Especially if it said, "I make my own whiskey at home and you can too! Ask me how!"

I'll take the ones with the still if possible, Woodshed... but I'm happy either way.
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
aquavita
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by aquavita »

If not mentioned before - at my house (have 2 beautiful daughters) S3 means an entirely different thing -

Shoot - Shovel - Shhhh :wink:

Always nice to have the young men show some respect.
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

All you need to do is grab a couple boxes of 3" shells, and as people show up hand them a shell and a sharpie tell them to write their name on it and put it on your mantel. If they ask why tell them you got a round with their name on it if they mess around.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

pfshine wrote:All you need to do is grab a couple boxes of 3" shells, and as people show up hand them a shell and a sharpie tell them to write their name on it and put it on your mantel. If they ask why tell them you got a round with their name on it if they mess around.
:shock: Maybe that medical tent aint such a bad idear
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

[quote="pfshine"]All you need to do is grab a couple boxes of 3" shells, and as people show up hand them a shell and a sharpie tell them to write their name on it and put it on your mantel. If they ask why tell them you got a round with their name on it if they mess around.[/quote

That's a great idea... Last boyfriend I met I was sharpining my 12" Bowie. :ebiggrin:
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
pfshine
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pfshine »

Thanks bigbob. The other thing I'm gonna do when my daughter is old enough is take the boy to my spare room with all my military stuff and gun safe tell him some war stories and that I haven't killed anybody since 07. Then I will tell him to put out his hand's and spray some glass cleaner on them and tell him its a special dye and I will be able to see everywhere he touches.
Life is a journey you take alone. Make sure you do what you what makes you happy
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Your evil... I like it :mrgreen:
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

You guys remember being 17 and harassed by your girlfriends dads? I do. Did it scare you guys away at all? I dunno about you guys but when I was that age I could eat thunder and shit lightning I was so untouchable. At least I felt that way...lmao.
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

" that's my little girl, anything happens to her, it won't bother me to go back to prison"- Bill Engvall. 8)
Jimbo
retired

Post by Jimbo »

I got 3 girls, and I heard from all of em at one time or another that their boyfriends were afraid of me. I dont recall saying or doing anything special ever, but Im sure my demeaner was appropriate for any such meetings and discussions with said suitors. All the same, we became friends with many of em. Fine young men some of em. A little fear is fine, and some respect and we'll get on fine. Oldest daughter is with a guy she's talking about the M word with. I couldnt be happier that they found each other, he's ambitious and treats her great.

Of course a few of em was total jackasses, and my dislike was maybe a little too evident at times.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. But in practice there is.
My Bourbon and Single Malt recipes. Apple Stuff and Electric Conversion
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

StillLearning1 wrote:You guys remember being 17 and harassed by your girlfriends dads? I do. Did it scare you guys away at all? I dunno about you guys but when I was that age I could eat thunder and shit lightning I was so untouchable. At least I felt that way...lmao.
To true. Although most of the dads that met me were pretty cool.
aquavita
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by aquavita »

I got 3 girls, and I heard from all of em at one time or another that their boyfriends were afraid of me.
Jimbo - same here. Both daughters have said that for some reason or another the young men are a bit afraid.

Don't know if it's because I've taught them both to shoot and clean weapons (Oldest daughter now shoots with the U of WY Trap & Skeet team) - or if it's because they both have been elbows deep in guts when dressing out a whitetail.

Either way, it seems to be working. :D

Sorry for the slight threadjack....
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

I got two boys, oldest 17 and he's always telling me all of his friends are scared of me. Don't know why because I think I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of guy. He says it's because I'll show up to pick them up at school in combats (my dress of the day) and bark from the door "ALEX, MOVE NOW" and the room parts. Now they just part when I walk in, I'm not mad, I'm just impatient, I want to get going...glad i didn't have girls though, can't imagine one of these horny little bastards even thinking bad thoughts about my little girl.

EDIT: My kid saw this and laughed, "it's not just my friends who are scared of you, the teachers are intimidated by you too, why do you think they only call her" :? When I asked why, I am pretty easy going, never did nothing to them he said "Dad, just look at you" and laughed...won't elaborate.... :eh:
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Thanks for all of the responses. Getting a sense of the size of this thing.
And thanks to all who have bought S3 t shirts. Keep it coming as 5 bucks goes to HD and 5 goes to HDA to support their effort to legalize home distilling.
varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by varocketry »

Any update on the June get together?

Is everything still full steam ahead.?
-Just need something else to build. -
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

As long as woodshed shows up some where :?
HDNB
Site Mod

Post by HDNB »

Yeah, i think a lot of tickets been bought and rooms reserved, but it's been quiet from casa d'shed. With his recent health challenges I just hope all is well there. Did he piss off someone and get sent to read only? no posts since end of March...
Steve!...Where are yoooouuuuu?
I finally quit drinking for good.

now i drink for evil.
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

Well he hasn't answered his phone either....
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

HDNB wrote:Yeah, i think a lot of tickets been bought and rooms reserved, but it's been quiet from casa d'shed. With his recent health challenges I just hope all is well there. Did he piss off someone and get sent to read only? no posts since end of March...
Steve!...Where are yoooouuuuu?
We are in the dark same as you.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
goinbroke2
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: In the garage, either stilling or working on a dragster

Post by goinbroke2 »

Bigbob wrote:Well he hasn't answered his phone either....
Wow, that's really taking a banishing from the board to a new level! :shock:

Just kidding, I hope he shows up and says his computer blew up or something as benign as that. Certainly hope he's ok.
Numerous 57L kegs, some propane, one 220v electric with stilldragon controller. Keggle for all-Grain, two pot still tops for whisky, a 3" reflux with deflag for vodka. Coming up, a 4" perf plate column. Life is short, make whisky and drag race!
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

I should be specific.. I called both numbers in his classified, both went directly to voicemail. I left messages on both lines to call me on my personal line. As of tonight, no response.
Windy City
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Windy City »

Well let's just hope the man is somewhere without cellular reception (a perfect vacation) and a nice beach with his loving wife. The last couple years have been pretty tough Lord knows he deserves it.

Good Luck, Good Life & Good Love Wherever you are.
The liver is evil and must be punished
Cranky"s spoon feeding for new and novice distillers
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=52975
WooTeck
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by WooTeck »

Windy City wrote:Well let's just hope the man is somewhere without cellular reception (a perfect vacation) and a nice beach with his loving wife. The last couple years have been pretty tough Lord knows he deserves it.

Good Luck, Good Life & Good Love Wherever you are.
+1

as long as he's healthy and happy he will come back.

will be funny when he comes back from vacation or where ever reading through the multiple 'wheres wood shed' threads
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

I just called and talked to someone local who knows him. They say he is doing fine. I guess he'll be back when he's ready.
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
moosemilk
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by moosemilk »

Glad to hear he's doing well. Looking like the meet is going to be a bust for me. Was really looking forward to it but some things changed financially that put a damper on it. Who knows though.
RandyMarshCT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by RandyMarshCT »

I'm reluctant to buy plane tickets and reserve a rental car unless I'm certain this is still a go-ahead.

I mean, I'd be happy to fly out to Colorado and smoke weed all weekend (when in Rome...), but I can't justify that for the amount of money it would cost. I mostly couldn't justify it because that Friday (June 5th) is my wife's birthday and it took a lot of begging and bargaining to get permission to go. She intends on staying home with the 4 year old and 1 year old that weekend.

If you're out there, an update would help out a lot Woodshed. Even by PM.
Life member, representative, and proud supporter of the Hobby Distiller's Association.

http://www.hobbydistillersassociation.org
Brutal
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Brutal »

As far as the event, it IS still happening. I know that no matter where Steve is he would want it that way. We may have to find a different place to do it but I'll be there and I'm sure I won't be alone.

I think it's a little early to start looking for an alternative venue. We're 6 weeks out still. If he doesn't show back up in the next week or two we will get together and adjust the plan.
Steam injection rig http://tinyurl.com/kxmz8hy
All grain corn mash with steam injection and enzymes http://tinyurl.com/mp6zdt5
Inner tube condenser http://tinyurl.com/zkp3ps6
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

I'm glad to hear he is doing well. Thanks for digging around Brutal.
Brutal wrote:I know that no matter where Steve is he would want it that way.
%100 spot on.

There isn't anything wrong with a backup plan. You guys really should start discussing it. If he still ends up hosting S3, no harm, no foul. Everyone wants it that way anyways. Plan B only insures his will be done, hell or high water.

6 weeks is not very much time.