PNW Meetup 2015 (Proof)

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
cranky
Master of Distillation

PNW Meetup 2015 (Proof)

Post by cranky »

I haven't heard anything about the PNW meetup for a while and since the original thread by Bearriver ( http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=51334) has been locked I figured I might start a new one. There really hasn't been much activity on their website ( http://proofwashington.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow ) except they did remove the statement that the tickets are sold out, and on Feb 16th their facebook page said tickets will go on sale in the spring. I think the statement on the website that stated they were sold out must have been left over from last year. They really don't seem to be as well organized as I personally would like and they don't feel the need to respond to any of my emails so I really don't have much news in that department. What I can say is I have somehow managed to secure both July 11th & 12th off so I will be able to be there (and recover the next day). I hope many more of you PNWers are planning to attend and we can somehow manage to organize the meetup.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Re: PNW Meetup 2015 (Proof)

Post by cranky »

I've been speaking to Bearriver and he brought up a good point. I would like to encourage all members who will be coming to Proof to purchase and wear an S3 T-shirt available from Woodshed so we can easily recognize each other. Please see this link about buying t-shirts http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =8&t=54937 or contact Woodshed. I would also like to hear from anybody planning on attending the proof festival. I Just checked their website and unfortunately still don't have any information on ticket sales but will post something as soon as I know. I believe that established members are still invited to the after get together at Bearrivers which should be a good time for everyone.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

I will be attending but should be easy to spot as Odin is sending an iStill to my address as he will be presenting at the meeting demonstrating it's use. I believe Bearriver will be the go to person as information has not yet been made available. I think the t-shirts are probably a good idea, I will check into it.
T-Pee
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by T-Pee »

Didn't Bearriver check out a month or so ago?

tp
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

T-Pee wrote:Didn't Bearriver check out a month or so ago?

tp
Yes. I still read here twice a day, but you can considered me checked out.

Tickets for Proof will exclusively be available at the door. My E-Mail is jordanfutch.bearriver@gmail.com if you have any questions.
I'm offering grub afterwards at my place about 30 minutes south in Bonney Lake. Nothing too fancy, mostly grill food.' E-Mail me for directions or get them from me at the event if you will be attending. There will be a lovely surprise partly thanks to Cranky's good nature. :wink: :silent: It also may be useful if ya'll pick a time that we meet at Odin's display for proper introductions. :idea:

As Cranky mentioned, I strongly suggest buying a S3 shirt if you will be attending. It's a great way to support HD and it serves the purpose of being recognized. It doesn't hurt that the shirts look awesome.

Here is the event manager's contact information, for those who want official information.
Melinda Haynes
Senior Marketing & Events Manager
Varsity Communications, Inc.
425-412-7070 x 110 • 888-273-1763 (fax)
varsitygolfshows.com
tastewashington.org • thenewvintage.org
vintagespokane.com • proofwashington.org

Follow us on Twitter!
@tastewashington
@20somethingwine
@vintagespokane
@proofwashington
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Today I have an update on Proof. They have greatly updated their website and their facebook page now has this to say
Proof facebook wrote: Check out our new and improved website! It is easy to navigate and will keep you in the loop for what's to come with PROOF 2015! Heads up - tickets will be going on sales next month. ‪#‎PROOFWA‬ http://proofwashington.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow

So we finally have activity and I hope to see as many of you there as possible.
Cranky :D
varocketry
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by varocketry »

cranky wrote:I Please see this link about buying t-shirts http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =8&t=54937 or contact Woodshed.
I get an ERROR message stating I'm not authorized to view that thread when I click on it. I'm interested in a tshirt.

And I'm wondering how WOODSHED is doing, I haven't seen him post on his meetup recently. I'm rounding up company business in COS so I can make the trip out to Durango the weekend before.
-Just need something else to build. -
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

varocketry wrote:
cranky wrote:I Please see this link about buying t-shirts http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... =8&t=54937 or contact Woodshed.
I get an ERROR message stating I'm not authorized to view that thread when I click on it. I'm interested in a tshirt.

And I'm wondering how WOODSHED is doing, I haven't seen him post on his meetup recently. I'm rounding up company business in COS so I can make the trip out to Durango the weekend before.
Not sure what happened to that thread and Woodshed has been conspicuously absent lately. Wish I had an answer.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!!!!!
According to Proofs Facebook page tickets go on sale tomorrow May 13th! So be ready to buy your tickets and I look forward to seeing all of you there! :D
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

I hope people here in the PNW are following this thread. I sent out some PMs to a few members who expressed interest in the original thread to give them a heads up about ticket sales. I would also like to mention that Steelheadin360 one of the members here is the owner of Bad Dog Distillery which will be one of the distilleries at the festival.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Tickets to Proof just went on sale at 9:45AM I have found that sometimes in order to get to the ticket ordering page you have to click on "tickets" on their home page then the tickets page shows "available this spring" If you refresh the page it will then show "Buy tickets" and allow you to click on the link and buy the tickets.
or click this link
http://www.strangertickets.com/events/2 ... s-festival" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

I too, get the "Not Authorized" spiel when I tried the T-shirt link above, even though I am logged in. Anybody know if it is no longer a good link? Can't buy a shirt if I can't get to it. Anybody know why it ain't working?
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Euphoria wrote:I too, get the "Not Authorized" spiel when I tried the T-shirt link above, even though I am logged in. Anybody know if it is no longer a good link? Can't buy a shirt if I can't get to it. Anybody know why it ain't working?
I assume it is a closed link because Woodshed had a health issue that has now been resolved. You can contact Woodshed about the shirts, There is some about that Here http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 6&start=90
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

Excellent. Gonna go grab ours.

I'm not sure who all is coming as of yet... Odin and Bushman are expected to be there, along with Cranky and myself. It's going to be a tun of fun, and I hope to see many more of you there as well! Life is short, so come on out and make face with some of the great folks here on HD.

Again, I'm offering food, drinks, and smoke at my place afterwards for anyone that wants to hang out in a relaxed atmosphere. I'll bring printed directions for those interested. If you do come, consider bringing a pint for peer review and your SOH for a designated driver. I do not smoke, but if you do there will be a comfortable place to enjoy it where it won't disrupt the guests that do not. :thumbup:

I'm thinking we all meet up at Odin's expo at a predetermined time for introductions. You won't miss me there. Skinny, tall, dark long hair, beard, big nose... I'll pretty much look just like Jesus Christ in a S3 Tee shirt...

Edit: Euphoria, are you talking about an S3 shirt or something else? Shed handles the S3 shirts. I am currently waiting for my paycheck to send him the cash. Just PM him and he'll let you know whats up.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Anyone else who may want an S3 shirt for proof please email me soon.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

bearriver wrote: I'll pretty much look just like Jesus Christ in a S3 Tee shirt...
Hey, that's the look I was going for, only shorter, fatter and older, more like a lord of the rings dwarf in an S3 tee shirt. :lol:
I snagged my tickets a few minutes ago, the wife talked me into spending the extra $ for the VIP tickets so I can get in early and harass Odin and Steelheadin360 before they let the other riffraff in :moresarcasm:
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

woodshed wrote:Anyone else who may want an S3 shirt for proof please email me soon.
Woodshed,
Just ordered 2 shirts from you. (Size XL please.) Your web site "shopping cart" didn't have a box to enter what size was being ordered. It just said S-XXL available, but no way to select the size you want.
Thanks
"Government doesn't have the answer to the problem, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Euphoria wrote:
woodshed wrote:Anyone else who may want an S3 shirt for proof please email me soon.
Woodshed,
Just ordered 2 shirts from you. (Size XL please.) Your web site "shopping cart" didn't have a box to enter what size was being ordered. It just said S-XXL available, but no way to select the size you want.
Thanks
Just sent you an email explaining the difference in my Woodshed shirts and the S3 shirts.
S3 are what is being worn to Proof but would not hurt my feelings to see a Woodshed shirt there as well.
Let me know how you want to proceed.

Woodshed shirts are now a darker brown in color with same logo.
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by bearriver »

I didn't know you sold Woodshed shirts...

Guess that'll be next year.
MyUncleMo
Swill Maker

Post by MyUncleMo »

I got my tix and my s3 shirt ordered.
Now to get a babysitter and make sure I get the day off!
What should I bring to share? My first run - AppleCiderHoneyshine? It's been aging and taste great. My 2nd gen Hook rum? White, Spiced, barrel aged?
Should be fun.
I'm going to have to start drinking now to get my tolerance up!
Cheers!
My Uncke Mo taught me how to make apple Jack when I was in 6th Grade.

Questions? Read this first...
http://ww.homedistiller.org/forum/viewt ... 15&t=52975
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

MyUncleMo wrote:I got my tix and my s3 shirt ordered.
What should I bring to share? My first run - AppleCiderHoneyshine? It's been aging and taste great. My 2nd gen Hook rum? White, Spiced, barrel aged?
Should be fun.
Cheers!
Glad to see your coming MyUncleMo. I was beginning to think everybody had forgotten about the PNW get together.
Medstiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Medstiller »

I'm in. Will make the trip up from PDX. My wife gave me a hall pass for the weekend. I just need to order my shirt now...
MedStiller
Euphoria
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Euphoria »

Yahoo! Got my shirts on order from Shed and bought 2 tickets for me and the wife. Looking forward to the mingle.
MyUncleMo
Swill Maker

Post by MyUncleMo »

cranky wrote:
MyUncleMo wrote:I got my tix and my s3 shirt ordered.
Should be fun.
Cheers!
Glad to see your coming MyUncleMo. I was beginning to think everybody had forgotten about the PNW get together.
Naaah - day job gets busy when the sun comes out.
No time for much else but family and work.
I still have 3 gallons of stripped Hook Gen #3 to run in my new diggs. I saves about 1 gallon of wash to run it with. Some day!!!
Look forward to seeing y'all!
My Uncke Mo taught me how to make apple Jack when I was in 6th Grade.

Questions? Read this first...
http://ww.homedistiller.org/forum/viewt ... 15&t=52975
MDH
Distiller

Post by MDH »

I cannot make it to proof, but I would gladly meet some members here at the Victoria Whisky Festival in January 2016.
The still is not a liar. Mash and ferment quality is 99.9% of your performance.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Glad people are taking an interest, I hope we have a good turnout. Sorry to hear you cant make it MDH I understand being busy in the summer, My work gets insanely busy for summer and if I hadn't reserved those 2 days off months ago I wouldn't have been able to take them at all. On top of that it hits right at the start of fruit season, Blueberries will be ripening and the earliest apple I pick started dropping fruit on July 15th last year, things are looking earlier this year. If I can hack my way back to the white apple it ripens even earlier. Problem is January is problematic too but I might talk the wife into a clipper trip up that way, only real problem is January is when the Niagara Icewine festival is and we have been trying to get to that for a couple years now. Another year and a half and I get an extra week of vacation which will make traveling around a bit easier. That and actually finishing the remodel on the house.
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Just got confirmation that Odin and his engineer will be coming over for the gathering. Just sent him my address as he is going to send an iStill 250 over to show at the event.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bushman wrote:Just got confirmation that Odin and his engineer will be coming over for the gathering. Just sent him my address as he is going to send an iStill 250 over to show at the event.
Thanks Bushman, the two of you being there will make my year. :thumbup:
Bigbob
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Bigbob »

I must be crazy, I'm seriously thinking about going!
If you wear underwear then it's a dress!
http://homedistiller.org/forum/viewtopi ... 15&t=62150 How I run a small still
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

Bigbob wrote:I must be crazy, I'm seriously thinking about going!
How could you miss the opportunity to meet a Norse god!