SUMMER MEET ??

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
crazy
Novice

Re: SUMMER MEET ??

Post by crazy »

I can't say for sure Smokey , I travel all over the state and surrounding ones for work , am on call 24/7 . PM me an addy and exact date & I'll see what happens . :)
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Comn atcha buddy
One of the hardest things to do is to forgive , but you must not forget that you HAVE TO forgive in order to be forgiven..
Coyote
retired

Post by Coyote »

Got a son in Jackson SC.

How close to you gathering can I set a 180 down?

Coyote
"Slow Down , You'll get a more harmonious outcome"
"Speed & Greed have no place in this hobby"
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Coyote wrote:Got a son in Jackson SC.

How close to you gathering can I set a 180 down?

Coyote
180 ?? What you mean buddy
One of the hardest things to do is to forgive , but you must not forget that you HAVE TO forgive in order to be forgiven..
ranger_ric
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ranger_ric »

I think he means a Cessna 180, as in he is looking for a nearby airport. He only needs a small public airport.
If you are not willing to learn
No One Can Help You...
If you are Determined to Learn
No One can STOP you!!
We want you to be safe and succeed so start here
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

crazy wrote:I can't say for sure Smokey , I travel all over the state and surrounding ones for work , am on call 24/7 . PM me an addy and exact date & I'll see what happens . :)
Me too. Would love to come, but need to know to where, and how far to nearest motel....too old to sleep on the ground now days, and the Lady DI is too fussy to pee in the woods, and seriously addicted to hot running water.

Boom
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

PM me with info also please. :wink:
*Spend it all, Use it up, Wear it out*
Beware of sheet-sniffers and dime-droppers!
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Yeah, I'll be there but I do need to know exactly where there is haha. PM me the address?
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

Smokey hollow wrote:OK HERES ALL THE INFO.

--/ now the nearest hotel or motel what ever is in DRY RIDGE KY . Just look it up on the computer and you can see all the places to stay . There is several new ones popping up do to the united states biggest NOAHS ARK ATTRACTON . Its going to be an actual built to spec ark like noah had . Its going to be a united states wide attraction . Pretty meat huh . Its underway in williamstown ky and they just put in the paper that people can now come and watch an amish crew build it . Soo that might be something everybody wants to see while they are here its only about 30 min from me . And the closest hotels are only 15 min away . Well i guess that will answer all questions if any thing else just let me know thanks alot .SH

OK Smokey. The lady Di say's it's a go. The promise of clean sheets, hot water, and a chance to extend the trip out to the bourbon trail...you are a silver tongued devil!.. digest this info. Where, OK..

When, ? Time and dates please

What should we bring, in terms of food and booze

and what should we wear? as in long sleeves, tee shirs, gee strings the like...

Whoopee,,,we going to a hum dinger!

Oh yeah, Hey Jed? You planning to make the trek?
Last edited by BoomTown on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Should probably edit the address out of the posts and pm it to people.
ben stiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ben stiller »

^ was thinking the same thing. I hear Johnny law makes lousy booze. Don't need him around.
goose eye
Master of Distillation

Post by goose eye »

Dern Rad you gettin soft on fools?

So I'm tole
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Just a party on private property. No law being broken unless someone sets up a Moonshine Still; no chance of that happening of course.????
See y'all there.
The KYChemist
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by The KYChemist »

I'm still interested in coming. I'm hoping the OP just threw out a close location, to his place, to give everybody a general idea. In one of his posts, he mentioned some barns, to hang out in, in case of rain. There are some properties that are close by, that fit this bill. The one, where an actual address is given, has what looks to be a pretty bitchin playground and a pool. But no barns, just a shed. But hey... Get a couple drinks in me, and I'm down for a good playground romp. The pool also looks like it has a slide. Cha-ching!
Whiskey is rays of sunshine, held together with water.
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Bwahahaha yall kill me . Hail yes were going to have a rompn time and naw noblaws are broke on my land as long as no still is running but im very . Lol no joke we are ok !! Yall can bring what ever ya want i got a huge camper just in case some people cant make it bach to town for the motel plus i plan on having my cBin built by then so ill be able to house some of yall . And i got some buddies that will take ya to your motel when your ready to and ill come get yall in the morning in my horse trailer so to haul all of ya . BWAHAHAHA lol . I think its going to be a heller boys . I think ill call it MOONSTOCK !!! Hail ya MOONSTOCK . SH
Last edited by Smokey hollow on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tater
Admin

Post by Tater »

Bet the local law appreciates your confidence in them by posting this on open forum.Hope feds feel same way for your sake.
I use a pot still.Sometimes with a thumper
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

I wouldn't worry bout it SH ..Heck S3 meeting went off without any glitches and thats been 16 pages of talking about traveling and bringing illegal likker way across state lines ..And also pics of illegal likker along with locations and names ..This thread so far is safe imo ..Woodshed took a big risk imo and I commend him for it ..Heck, feds could've showed up and questioned everyone and confiscated everything ..If all folks were negative and nitpickers, nothing would ever get done ..Let freedom ring! ..
Hopefully the big S3 meeting didn't raise any eyebrows, although I bet it did ..Hope not.
Only fools call other people fools ..But then I ain't never made no likker and never will lol.
:D
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Pm me if anybody needs my info again thanks .SMOKEY HOLLOW
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Can somebody help me like an admin. Man to delete my address and stuff. I guess with all the worrirs we should well be on private property and all good but still . U know . If admin gets this message just go ahead and delete it for me please and pm me . Anybody wants any info like that pm me thanks . SH
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Thanks for yalls cooperation. . MOON STOCK STILL ON AND ALWAYS WILL BE .. .PM me for details .SH
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Smokey hollow wrote:Can somebody help me like an admin. Man to delete my address and stuff. I guess with all the worrirs we should well be on private property and all good but still . U know . If admin gets this message just go ahead and delete it for me please and pm me . Anybody wants any info like that pm me thanks . SH
I deleted the post with the address!
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Don't worry bout it ..Heck there's HD members that are probably ttb officers anyway ..They're probably even showing up at these meetings ..HD does no background or legitimacy checks anyways ..Could have been an atf mole at S3, probably not, but hey anything is possible ..Someone pm'd info to them if that did happen..Also, the whole world now knows S3's location...Probably a lot less folks wondering where you're at, except the serious few that will show ..Pm exact date and time and I'll try to commit will some good food and drink ...Your party, you do it your style ..When someone else does it, they will do it they're way.
Its good to have multiple meetings all over the country ..Shows there's a large number of hobby distillers with common goals of safety, credibility, and legitimacy ..The last I checked, I'm in the good ole USA ..Heck, the sheriff is probably cooler than some folks here ..What's he gonna do, risk lifelong friendships for a few untaxed likker tickets ..Doubt it. :thumbup:
Bushman
Admin

Post by Bushman »

Think I deleted all the quotes with the address, let me know if I missed any!
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Thanks bushman !! Ya i dont think any thing of it really i was just doing what some others said might beca good idea and it probably was. Any way ill pm anybody who dont already know . Just come over across or down ky way and yell out heeey smokey hollow . Lol naw ill pm everybody who asks and yes MOONSTOCK is on ! Ill get to the pm' tomorrow. SH :sarcasm:
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Everybody still planing on this bash ??? Moonstock?
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Moonbreath makes some good points. If any Fed was at S3 they sure drank their share and brought really good likker.

These meetings do serve to help legitimize the craft. Great people making superior products to what can be found on the shelf.

The rapid growth in home distilling is something the TTB is fully aware of.
Largely due to this site. Everyone at S3 represented HD in the best of light.
The KYChemist
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by The KYChemist »

I'm still planning on coming. Still have the address. According to Google, your 1.5hrs away. Or, with the way I drive, about 70 minutes.
Whiskey is rays of sunshine, held together with water.
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

End of August still works for me, Smoke. I hope Loki can still ride shotgun.
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:End of August still works for me, Smoke. I hope Loki can still ride shotgun.
Definitely. Still mad that I missed S3 only to lose my job 12 hrs after I would have hit the road for it.
MoonBreath
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by MoonBreath »

Where you at, I didn't note it before it got deleted ..You over 'round Danny Boone's stomp'n ground, pm me address so I can figure it out ..Thanks.