SUMMER MEET ??

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

SUMMER MEET ??

Post by Smokey hollow »

We ought to try and arrange a summer meet or get together and do some good ole story telling , lying ( lol) , and sampling each others drink! I did this one time on a sight that had to do with making and shooting your own bows and arrows ( taditional bow shooting forum ) and i had a great turn out . SOOO WHAT YALL THINK ? SH
One of the hardest things to do is to forgive , but you must not forget that you HAVE TO forgive in order to be forgiven..
bearriver
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: SUMMER MEET ??

Post by bearriver »

The PNW has something going on in July.
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

Keep you eye on the "Active Topics". There's talk of a couple of others coming up.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
carbohydratesn
Swill Maker

Post by carbohydratesn »

I think shootin' homemade bows and arrows is much less illegal than this hobby is...
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Where abouts are you thinking smokey?
But what the heck do I know.....I am still learning.
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Ya i know about the legal part but as far as i think a half gallon of drink could be brought to a meet . I would .. Sh
One of the hardest things to do is to forgive , but you must not forget that you HAVE TO forgive in order to be forgiven..
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

StillLearning1 wrote:Where abouts are you thinking smokey?
Well buddy im not sure were most of our little group here is from . Im in northern ky . All i can garrantee is to have it on my farm . We wouldnt have no problem there . I also got a few ole barns around for rain or what have ya .. Idk . Even if its just a few within around 300 miles we could might get a good little turn out .. SH
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

I bet I could do northern Kentucky sometime
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

DSM Loki wrote:I bet I could do northern Kentucky sometime
Yep, we could car pool, Loki. :thumbup:
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

MichiganCornhusker wrote:
DSM Loki wrote:I bet I could do northern Kentucky sometime
Yep, we could car pool, Loki. :thumbup:
Sounds like a plan to me.
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Well crap. N Kentucky would be about a 8 or 10hour drive for me...
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Jed is considering another in Pa and I'm giving thought to one in WV . I'm about 3 1/2 hrs southwest of Jed .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Truckinbutch wrote:Jed is considering another in Pa and I'm giving thought to one in WV . I'm about 3 1/2 hrs southwest of Jed .

Now depending on where in WVA you are I could probably pull off a little trip up there for the weekend.

I'd love to see how far off par I am with some of you pros! I'm like a lot of you guys and don't know anyone else into this hobby. Its sad because its like a huge part of my life that I can't share with anyone!!!
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

I would love to make it but with my summer schedule I gotta know real quick. Where not as important as when for me.
I would love to make a trip to KY, WV, anywhere out that way.
ben stiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ben stiller »

I think Wood is looking to make it a dual purpose trip and get some climbing in LOL
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Red River, New River. Your on to me ben stiller.
ben stiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ben stiller »

I sure am. Never been to red river, but at least 3 times to the New. Love it there. This is starting to sound like an interesting adventure.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

I have never been to either but sure want to.
Throw in awesome company, food and spirits and sounds like a dream trip to me.
After this winter though my climbing has been profoundly affected. Got my head about me but my physical since the stroke is lacking.
Lost a lot of playing the guitar as well but still enjoy the challenge of both pursuits.
Ya'll set a date and keep us posted.
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Red River Gorge is pretty rough country for Kentucky...pales to the Mountains out West. But a lot of climbers go there and 2 or 3 don't make it out every year. Had a fella Killed earlier this Spring (I think the wife too) when a tree fell on them in a windstorm. Always someone to rescue in the Summertime.

New River has a nice bridge to jump off of if you are so inclined. Have a son who is a Skydiver, but hewas unable to make the bridge jump this year due to U S Army frowning on it.. (They close the road once a year so you can take the short cut down.)
S-Cackalacky
retired

Post by S-Cackalacky »

Woodshed, how about a dobro? Life gives you lemons - make lemonade.
Every new member should read this before doing anything else:
StillLearning1
Trainee

Post by StillLearning1 »

Any of you guys interested in doing some smallie fishing on the new then I'll make it rain or shine. I love fishing that water. Great views and even better fishing. Got my first muskie this past winter on the new also!
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

Trees happen. Miguel's Pizza is the center of the Red experience so it can't be too bad.
The rock at the New looks amazing. Place has been on my bucket list for 20+ years.
As a climber it's hard to make it out of the west. Within 3 hours of the house is more rock than most ever want to see let alone climb.
The Red appeals to me cause it is not my best style, for the most part super steep and juggy.
I like the more technical features that appear at the New. Precise movement is what I enjoy in climbing. Moving your hip, foot, elbow or shoulder a half inch and suddenly in perfect balance and feeling weightless.

I've thought about that SC. My stubbornness to get back where I was will not let me right now.
I worked my ass off to get back my head and am still working on it. The head and the fingers will reconnect. If not the dobro is my direction.
woodshed
Master of Distillation

Post by woodshed »

StillLearning1 wrote:Any of you guys interested in doing some smallie fishing on the new then I'll make it rain or shine. I love fishing that water. Great views and even better fishing. Got my first muskie this past winter on the new also!
I will fish for smallies anytime, anywhere. We have them on The San Juan below the tank, uh Navajo Reservoir.
All the tourist are upstream pounding on the trout for the first couples of miles under the dam while those in the know float downstream
for awhile then start the fun. Very few but typically very big trout and lot's of nice smallies. Best fish in a river around here. They'll give you lot's of fun and a bend in your fly rod.
Bobdoe
Bootlegger

Post by Bobdoe »

Smokey hollow wrote:
StillLearning1 wrote:Where abouts are you thinking smokey?
Well buddy im not sure were most of our little group here is from . Im in northern ky . All i can garrantee is to have it on my farm . We wouldnt have no problem there . I also got a few ole barns around for rain or what have ya .. Idk . Even if its just a few within around 300 miles we could might get a good little turn out .. SH
I grew up in Northern Kentucky, still live sorta close, so I could definitely make it

BD
The Bluegrass Biochemist - Converting malted corn mash using salivary amylase from the spit of Kentucky virgins
The KYChemist
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by The KYChemist »

Subscribed... And definitely interested in coming...
Whiskey is rays of sunshine, held together with water.
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

I will Be there
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

I cant say thers alit to do around my place , but drive for anouther hr south east and your into some big country . I own 100 acres so all i can say is we could have a good time in a barn lol its up to yall just let me know WHOS IN and ill try and come up with a date to suit everybody .. Sound good ?
InglisHill
Rumrunner

Post by InglisHill »

You blokes should all come to New Zealand for a week of stilling in a public park not lookin over your shoulder!
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Smokey hollow wrote:I cant say thers alit to do around my place , but drive for anouther hr south east and your into some big country . I own 100 acres so all i can say is we could have a good time in a barn lol its up to yall just let me know WHOS IN and ill try and come up with a date to suit everybody .. Sound good ?
I'm easy to please. Acreage and barns are plenty fine by me.
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

S-Cackalacky wrote:Life gives you lemons - make lemonade.