SUMMER MEET ??

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Re: SUMMER MEET ??

Post by Smokey hollow »

Ok im going to set the date wednesdayof the up coming week please if anybody needs off or cant make it on a certain saturday please pm me so i can plan the best possible turn out COME ON GUYS LETS DO THIS .. SH
One of the hardest things to do is to forgive , but you must not forget that you HAVE TO forgive in order to be forgiven..
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

Post by ShineonCrazyDiamond »

Smokey hollow wrote:Ok im going to set the date wednesdayof the up coming week please if anybody needs off or cant make it on a certain saturday please pm me so i can plan the best possible turn out COME ON GUYS LETS DO THIS .. SH
Seems to me if you wanted a better turn out,you would pick a weekend day, and have more than a 4 day notice.

But it's your gig, so whatever you think is best, it's your choice. Good luck, and have fun!
"Come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Shine on you crazy diamond."
cranky
Master of Distillation

Post by cranky »

ShineonCrazyDiamond wrote:
Smokey hollow wrote:Ok im going to set the date wednesdayof the up coming week please if anybody needs off or cant make it on a certain saturday please pm me so i can plan the best possible turn out COME ON GUYS LETS DO THIS .. SH
Seems to me if you wanted a better turn out,you would pick a weekend day, and have more than a 4 day notice.

But it's your gig, so whatever you think is best, it's your choice. Good luck, and have fun!
Especially with S3 only a couple weeks away.
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

I THINK he meant he is setting the DATE this Week for some time in the future.
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

Cant do a week day, and need more time than that to get lined op of the trip. Wish I could make it, but will have to watch from afar....

Once, years ago, went camping in the panhandle of WV, at a campgroud that was packed with people who'd been making their own for a looong time...on Memorial day weekend....

Boom
“…Let’s do this one more time....”
CR33G3R
Swill Maker

Post by CR33G3R »

Looking forward to seeing the date. I could do north KY
Still learnin...
MY CCVM
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

BoomTown wrote:Cant do a week day, and need more time than that to get lined op of the trip. Wish I could make it, but will have to watch from afar....

Once, years ago, went camping in the panhandle of WV, at a campgroud that was packed with people who'd been making their own for a looong time...on Memorial day weekend....

Boom
Took a while to find my notes about that trip. Seems the moonshiners liked that place for thier gatherings because there were a lot of 'jourisdiction' problem for LE and they felt that it was a pretty 'safe' place to do thier reunions. Met people for 4 states, all had little coolers holding 1/2 filled mason jars. There was music out the ying yang, bar-b-que all over, evening projected movies, dancing...general hoopla for about 4 days... Often think about doing that again, but have given up sleeping on the ground, and don't have a travel unit any more...

Oh -- those were the daze....
The KYChemist
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by The KYChemist »

Give me at least three to four weeks notice, and I'm in. We moved into our new house four weeks ago, and I almost have my "workshop" space ready enough for stillin'. Just installed my 240 line, on Wednesday. Need to get a cooloing resevoir, and get some ferments going.
Whiskey is rays of sunshine, held together with water.
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

YES I MEAN I WILL COME UP WITH A FUTURE DATE ON OR AROUND WEDNESDAY LOL .. Ya know thT would be to quick .. Comme on guys yall can take a turd and make good wiskey out of it . I would think yall would know ide give yall more than a few days notice . ( no pun ) lol lol
One of the hardest things to do is to forgive , but you must not forget that you HAVE TO forgive in order to be forgiven..
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

The KYChemist wrote:Give me at least three to four weeks notice, and I'm in. We moved into our new house four weeks ago, and I almost have my "workshop" space ready enough for stillin'. Just installed my 240 line, on Wednesday. Need to get a cooloing resevoir, and get some ferments going.
Hey, KY, how much did it cost to drop that line in? Wouldn't you know it. All but finished the trimmings on my 240 set up, and realized the house I bought yesterday doesn't have it. It has a gas dryer. Didn't catch that on the walkthrough. *idiot*. Saw a dryer, assumed there was a plug back there.

I digress. I don't know the rating of service coming in, and there are no free spots on the panel. Oh dear...I worry now.

Sorry for the hijack, OP.
Smokey hollow wrote:YES I MEAN I WILL COME UP WITH A FUTURE DATE ON OR AROUND WEDNESDAY LOL .. Ya know thT would be to quick .. Comme on guys yall can take a turd and make good wiskey out of it . I would think yall would know ide give yall more than a few days notice . ( no pun ) lol lol
I see, you're going to set the date on Wednesday. My apologies. I read that as Wednesday WAS the day.

Just set a date, and the crowd will tell you what they think.

Boom, I love that image you described. How do we get to be part of that?!?. Sounds like heaven, well "Almost heaven", to quote my friend John.

And fyi, they have queen size, waist high air mattresses that goes on a cot. Ain't slept on the ground camping in years. Hell, the wife rigs up a fan, hard to call it camping.
The KYChemist
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by The KYChemist »

@Diamond... It cost me about $70. That was breaker, line, junction box, outlet, plate, staples, and two clamps. One for the breaker, and one for the box. The most expensive thing was the line. $38 for 25'.
BoomTown
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by BoomTown »

The KYChemist wrote:
Boom, I love that image you described. How do we get to be part of that?!?. Sounds like heaven, well "Almost heaven", to quote my friend John.

And fyi, they have queen size, waist high air mattresses that goes on a cot. Ain't slept on the ground camping in years. Hell, the wife rigs up a fan, hard to call it camping.
Well, I don't 'know' any of those people, but think: http://www.coxcamping.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" rel="nofollow, a three or four day weekend, say -- mid summer, early fall... 10 years agao, the mountains worked like air-conditioners, chilling the breezes, rivers on both sides where the state lines run down the center of the stream. Fly fishing is good (well that weekend it was..), cooking facilities are well built and maintained, the outdoor gathering place has a raised platform for musicians, and a huge 'drive-in' movie type screen for evening projections....bathrooms and showers were clean, Campground spots had running water and electricity...shade, and were flat, but well drained. Roads were graveled, grass was groomed...

Oh yeah, and reservations were required....but costs were quite reasonable.

Boom
ShineonCrazyDiamond
Global moderator

The KYChemist wrote:@Diamond... It cost me about $70. That was breaker, line, junction box, outlet, plate, staples, and two clamps. One for the breaker, and one for the box. The most expensive thing was the line. $38 for 25'.
Ok, that sounds like you did it yourself. I have to hire an electrician, or SOH says it ain't happening. Wonder....
The KYChemist
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by The KYChemist »

The KYChemist wrote:@Diamond... It cost me about $70. That was breaker, line, junction box, outlet, plate, staples, and two clamps. One for the breaker, and one for the box. The most expensive thing was the line. $38 for 25'.
Ok, that sounds like you did it yourself. I have to hire an electrician, or SOH says it ain't happening. Wonder....
Yeah... Did it myself. I'd wager you're looking at $200-250. Its super easy. I just made sure I was SUPER cautious inside the breaker box. My SOH doesn't even know I did it. LOL.
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

OK..... I dont know alot of dates and meets already acheduled so let me know if there is another meet somewere . BUT... AS OF RIGHT NOW HOW DOES AUGUST 22-23 sound ? I also have a huge new camper that sleeps nine easy so dont worry about sleeping heck it will fit more if u bring a blow up mattt lol so dont worry about sleeping . You can also camp in the field or the woods . The camper has a nice big shower in it also . I live on russell flynn rd but it use to be called heathen ridge rd . Now heathen ridge rd. is still there it just runs across russell flynn rd SOOOO , im going to call this meet the HEATHEN RIDGE RUNNERS meet. Let me know what yall think and it can be changed so just see if thats good for yall and give me sn idea if you might come . Thanks guys and cAnt wait to show yall how to drain a worm . Bwahahah. SH /// GOT 3 said they would be there - KEEPM COMN BOYS
Last edited by Smokey hollow on Wed May 27, 2015 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The KYChemist
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by The KYChemist »

I should be able to get permission, with that much advance notice. SOH shouldn't have a problem with it. I'm in!
MichiganCornhusker
retired

Post by MichiganCornhusker »

Me too :thumbup:
Shouting and shooting, I can't let them catch me...
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

I'm in too
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Can you give me a close major town to figure how far you are from me ? I can vouch for MCH from personal experience . He's fit to take along and makes a good drop .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
hellbilly007
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by hellbilly007 »

Count me in. Sounds like you're less than 3 hours from me.
Appalachia-Shiner
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Appalachia-Shiner »

Jest a day trip for me, but I will be there.
crazy
Novice

Post by crazy »

I just got one thing to say Smokey , Be real careful doing these kinda meets. The last few gatherings I've had , I met some really good people who seem to have become lifetime friends , Eat great food , fresh deer meat & whiskey cake . Some of us woke up as drunk as we were when we laid down !. :D Enjoy !
Jday
Novice

Post by Jday »

Would love to make the trip if I can. Where a outs are you in Kentucky?
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Truckinbutch wrote:Can you give me a close major town to figure how far you are from me ? I can vouch for MCH from personal experience . He's fit to take along and makes a good drop .
Im atleast 1 hr south of cincinnati . Trust me im no were close to the city though we just got our first stop light 10 yrs ago . And im way back in the country from that little town lol ( crittenden the city not the county ) im in grant county . Does that help ya buddy oh and about 1 hr up from lexington if your driving north.
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

I only got 3-4 so far comeon guys we are going to have a heller .. SH
ben stiller
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by ben stiller »

It is a 12 hour drive for me, but would give me a chance to go to the Red river gorge. I am going to try and make it.
The KYChemist
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by The KYChemist »

If its OK, I might be bringing a +1, The Mechanic. Anyone who has read my build threads knows who he is.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Could be just a touch out of reach for SOH and I . We will still consider it .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

The KYChemist wrote:If its OK, I might be bringing a +1, The Mechanic. Anyone who has read my build threads knows who he is.
If hrs ok wit u hes ok with us .SH
Smokey hollow
Swill Maker

Post by Smokey hollow »

Anybody else ? Gooood times uhcomin guys !