Truckorama

This forum is for posting announcements for upcoming meetings or events.

Moderator: Site Moderator

Forum rules
Members need to be aware that as all meetings and events are beyond the control of the administration team here and as such homedistiller and it administration and moderators are not responsible for any action and or occurrence at any meeting or event. Members choose to participate at their own risk and responsibility
For security reasons do not post personal information including names exact addresses,phone numbers and detailed itineraries, this sort of information can be communicated via private message, emails or by phone call
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Truckorama

Post by DSM Loki »

There's no accounting for taste with that one.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

I'd like to borrow that line for future use .
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Don't drink water , fish fornicate in it .
spirit run dave
Novice

Post by spirit run dave »

finally got my truckorama shirts in the mail today.already bringing back great memories
All things can be worked on...but you can't fix stupid!
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Butch, you go ahead and borrow any line you want, any time you want. If anybody ever has a problem with that, they're welcome to be as offended as they decide.
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Y'all be thinkin about them S3 16 jars moulderin in my cellar . I'll air them a bit every month or so . Y'all got to decide on how long to leave the oak in and how we dispose of them . We got 2 half gallons and one quart .
> My thought is get the quart to S3 17 and keep ageing the other 2 jars for subsequent years . What say ye , the group ?
If you ain't the lead dog in the team , the scenery never changes . Ga Flatwoods made my avatar and I want to thank him for that .
Hank Reardon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hank Reardon »

Strip run dave wrote:finally got my truckorama shirts in the mail today.already bringing back great memories
Likewise. Mine made it out west today. Nice shirt. Thanks to the group who put that all together. Also, glad to read about the fun times had by all.
DSM Loki
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DSM Loki »

Butch, that sounds like a plan to me.
thecroweater
retired

Post by thecroweater »

Pretty unlikely to affect me but a cool idea might have been for everyone to chuck in for a two gallon cask and at the end of every meet it got topped up like some kind of ongoing Solaris deal. That way each meet could add its own stamp to it and say engrave it on the keg. Bunch of folks add to it and each meet it should get more and more interesting like those hundred year old friendship cakes that are really something
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

Crow , I was thinking more in terms of following the progress of a single source run over a period of years . Sample each year and take notes . Still , consensus of the group will be the determining factor .
spirit run dave
Novice

Post by spirit run dave »

Sounds like a good plan.each year we could discuss the difference as a group each person may pick something different out.if we can remember from year to year ha ha
All things can be worked on...but you can't fix stupid!
Truckinbutch
Angel's Share
Angel's Share

Post by Truckinbutch »

If we go that route , Dave , we will take notes each year for comparison .
jedneck
Site Donor
Site Donor
Location: drive to the sticks, hang a right past the sticks amd go a couple more miles.

Post by jedneck »

For what its worth. My jar from the cuts fest at jedfest is gonna only be brought out when a fellow hobbiest is here to sample a pour out of it. It will stay in the attic on oak and only be brought out for visiters.
welcome aboard some of us are ornery old coots but if you do a lot of
reading and don't ask stupid questions you'll be alright most are
big help
Dunder